What’s a tradition you do after you board?

Crismess669

We’re on our second Carnival cruise in December, and I realize my cruising partner and I need a tradition for after we dump our stuff off at our room. We were gonna make it Happy Hour at Red Frog, but Horizon doesn’t have Red Frog (which is ridiculous). 

What’s the first thing you always do (aside from dropping stuff off at the room)?

Just now, Crismess669 said:

I’ll definitely be hitting up Lido for that funfetti cheesecake…unless Carnival decides to discontinue that next.

Yes, the funfetti cheesecake is delicious - my favorite dessert of the entire cruise, actually.

• Like 4

We explore the entire ship.  Start at the top and work our way down, stopping where ever the specialty coffee bar is.  Then, we find something to eat, usually ANYWHERE other than the buffet.  This time, I'd like to try the Mongolian Wok if it's not too busy.  Plans are sometime altered by late boarding.

• Like 7

Guest BasicSailor

She does have Guys Pig and Anchor Smoke House /Bar, which reminds me of the Red Frog pub. Even had a few drink specials.

After dropping our stuff off at the cabin, hubbs and I always get the funship special and then just go find a quiet spot overlooking the water.  We toast each other and the good sense we have in booking the cruise.  Then we head to find some food!

• Like 10

We board with our carry on luggage.  Go to first open bar, get a cocktail and proceed to room.  Drop off luggage (platinum) then grab lunch. Do muster. Check on MDR seating then get swim wear on and chill on Serenity.  Get another cocktail and watch sail away. Looking forward to this in 6 days😎

• Like 5

drop off luggage, decorate room (re use carnival ceiling magnets) - put up door banner - put up danglers outside by door (helps locate room) then muster, 

Usually drinks at whatever bar has happy hour. First drinks include taking pics and sending to our friends that are not with us (to tease them of course). 

Food at some point of course.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Crismess669 said:

We’re on our second Carnival cruise in December, and I realize my cruising partner and I need a tradition for after we dump our stuff off at our room. We were gonna make it Happy Hour at Red Frog, but Horizon doesn’t have Red Frog (which is ridiculous). 

What’s the first thing you always do (aside from dropping stuff off at the room)?

Our original tradition was to head directly to lido with carry on   grab a cheeseburger, before Guys burgers began, a cocktail or two and people watch. Now that we have been platinum for a few years, we head directly to muster drill get it out of the way and then a Guys burger a couple of drinks and more people watching. Always attend the sail away party. 

• Like 1

Lunch first.  Hang out in our room/nap until muster.  If we know where the trivia and group games are held we may go check that out.  Muster.  Hang out on our balcony and watch sail away.

I never thought of it as a tradition, but I guess it is since we do it every cruise.  lol 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crismess669 said:

Order a drink then straight to the pool.  The first two hours is when the pool is the least crowded.