MDR Food in Coastal Kitchen?

Pre Covid - We told the staff we would be at the MDR the next night as we wanted the Chicken Parm.  They offered to get it for us for  CK.    Nice gesture but they obviously picked up the food hours prior to our meal.  Couldn't even cut the chicken and the pasta was completely dried out, it cracked. We did not complain because they did us a favor and are SO busy.    Now, on the evenings that we like the a MDR menu, we simply dine there that evening.    We have never asked since. 

M

I forgot about another CK food story.  It was pre COVID but one time we asked if we could get the mushroom soup from Chops or the MDR.  No problem.  Waited quite a while and finally it arrived but it was NOT the thick creamy mushroom soup from Chops or MDR, it was some kind of broth 😇

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I can’t imagine it would be easy on Harmony.  Deck 17 all the way down to the MDR kitchen on 5-4-3?  That’s quite a trek.

Agree that it's an issue.  Of course they do have crew elevators so it's not like somebody is going to have to take the stairs.  

9 hours ago, jalves said:

Agree that it's an issue.  Of course they do have crew elevators so it's not like somebody is going to have to take the stairs.  

No, but you are taking CK staff (waiter or kitchen staff) out of the dining room, impacting others in the CK. Very selfish.

9 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Why even ask? If you want food in the MDR then go eat there. Some people are high maintenance!

While I believe the crew works incredibly hard, what distinguishes a company is service.  I don’t see a problem.  They can always say they can’t. 

We have been on a Quantum B2B the last two weeks.  

One of the things that my wife. and I both really like is rice.  We asked and have received rice, either steamed or fried, with every meal that we have requested it since thing.   

While we have not even considered asking for items from the MDR, we have been told that if there was something in the Windjammer that we wanted, they would be happy to accomodate.