How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

On 9/26/2022 at 10:59 AM, lodinayr said:

7 days.  I don't remember the bid range, but my bid was just above the lowest bid level and was considered weak.  Frankly, I was surprised that I got the upgrade.  Also, I ONLY bid on mini-suite; did ot bid on premium balcony.

My bid too!

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 3:29 PM, cruzsnooze said:

No, your method of payment is already charged when they accept your bid. This bidding system wasn't designed for the passenger it was a win win for the company. If one could decline the new assignment then the whole system wouldn't work for Princess.

Not correct.  It is not already charged.  One has to go to the Personalizer, their TA or call Princess directly to add payment.

• Like 1

!We got 2 upgrade bid offers.  Our ship has been showing "unavailable" for quite some time.  So we couldn't see what was still available and was told by a rep that it was sold out.  We bid on two cabins and got one.
So not true....bid away.

If my bid is accepted but I DON"T LIKE THE NEW CABIN will I be keeping my original cabin if I do not respond and pay for the new cabin?  I am wondering if anyone has experienced this.  I have been invited to bid, but afraid to because I do like the cabin I have and don't want to be moved to an undesirable cabin with no recourse.  Princess' idea of an upgrade and mine may not always be the same.

21 minutes ago, suzyed said:

!We got 2 upgrade bid offers.  Our ship has been showing "unavailable" for quite some time.  So we couldn't see what was still available and was told by a rep that it was sold out.  We bid on two cabins and got one.
So not true....bid away.

Stay safe in St Augustine!  🙏

1 hour ago, hpeabody said:

If my bid is accepted but I DON"T LIKE THE NEW CABIN will I be keeping my original cabin if I do not respond and pay for the new cabin?  I am wondering if anyone has experienced this.  I have been invited to bid, but afraid to because I do like the cabin I have and don't want to be moved to an undesirable cabin with no recourse.  Princess' idea of an upgrade and mine may not always be the same.

Not sure Holly, but I think you can tell them you don't want it and just not pay for it.   In our case, we liked our original balcony cabin but thought a mini suite would be nice and it's in our preferred location Mid/aft, so we're happy with it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Not sure Holly, but I think you can tell them you don't want it and just not pay for it.   In our case, we liked our original balcony cabin but thought a mini suite would be nice and it's in our preferred location Mid/aft, so we're happy with it.

Thank You.  I just do not want to lose the cabin I have now if I chose not to accept what they offer.  I am only interested in a very small upgrade that is on my list of several.  BTW, congrats on the mini suite, that should be really nice.

• Like 1

We are booked on Nov 17 TA on the Regal.  Haven't got a single email about bidding. I went to the site that asked for the booking number and last name and said " ineligible at this time".  We're green lined, paid in full and everything else.  What gives?

10 minutes ago, dave_k58 said:

We are booked on Nov 17 TA on the Regal.  Haven't got a single email about bidding. I went to the site that asked for the booking number and last name and said " ineligible at this time".  We're green lined, paid in full and everything else.  What gives?

Are you booked with the “Big Box” TA?

On 9/30/2022 at 9:25 PM, dave_k58 said:

You can go into your Personalizer  for this cruise to see if you can bid or ask your TA to check your booking. You will find the link by scrolling down the page.  Clicking on this box will take you to a place where you can check your eligibility. 

EE1C1A73-CF96-4D59-92C3-53863F2E0A45.thumb.jpeg.6591d57d2135cd22f13864590c0d8ce2.jpeg

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, hpeabody said:

My understanding is that you have to except wherever they put you. I wouldn’t considering bidding unless you are willing to except where your upgrade is located.

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

On 10/1/2022 at 11:31 PM, Shelly97060 said:

You can go into your Personalizer  for this cruise to see if you can bid or ask your TA to check your booking. You will find the link by scrolling down the page.  Clicking on this box will take you to a place where you can check your eligibility. 

EE1C1A73-CF96-4D59-92C3-53863F2E0A45.thumb.jpeg.6591d57d2135cd22f13864590c0d8ce2.jpeg

Thanks Shelley - the trouble is - I can't seem to find the 'Plan Your Voyage" page

2 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

Thanks Shelley - the trouble is - I can't seem to find the 'Plan Your Voyage" page

When you go into Cruise Personalizer it’s under the “Summary” tab. If you scroll down on this page you will find “Plan Your Voyage” and “Bid to Upgrade Your Stateroom”.63E5277E-51E0-422F-9DFB-232BE3FA83E0.thumb.jpeg.d122ad8f989b443d84814b293ab4d491.jpeg

On 9/30/2022 at 11:25 PM, dave_k58 said:

It doesn't open up fleet wide until end of October. It is not currently open for ships in Europe yet.

It only works (right now) for ships in North America.

• Like 1

@dave_k58  log into Princess.com, click on booked guests, click on access cruise Personalizer, click on your booking ( if you have more than one).  You want to get to the main page that says summary, check in, excursions etc across the top. Once on this page scroll toward the bottom of the page and you will see the bid button or  try this link https://upg.plusgrade.com/marketing/partner/RNo2BO4VPCL

53 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

@dave_k58  log into Princess.com, click on booked guests, click on access cruise Personalizer, click on your booking ( if you have more than one).  You want to get to the main page that says summary, check in, excursions etc across the top. Once on this page scroll toward the bottom of the page and you will see the bid button or  try this link https://upg.plusgrade.com/marketing/partner/RNo2BO4VPCL

It is not available for his cruise yet. They are not doing European and transatlantics until the end of October.

• Like 3