MERGED threads .Queen Elizabeth II has died

BklynBoy8

3 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

It used to be a tradition to paint the funnels black on ships of a royal line when the monarch passed. I wonder if Cunard will do this for the Queen Elizabeth and keep them black for a full year. Also will all of the crew on the Queen Elizabeth wear a small black ribbon of their uniforms?

Is Cunard a "royal line" (whatever that is)?

Those of us who sail Cunard respect and admire the British traditions, and we love all of our Queen cruise ships. 

Queen Elizabeth II's passing will be felt around the world, and her life has now become a part of the memorable and momentous history of monarchy.  My deepest sympathy to her family, friends, citizens, and all who knew and admired her.  She truly had a life well lived!

• Like 5

• Host Hattie changed the title to MERGED threads .Queen Elizabeth II has died
4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Is Cunard a "royal line" (whatever that is)?

Cunard is no more technically royal, than British Airways. 

So saying, it will be up to the company to show any marks of respect to the passing of our beloved Monarch,, just as it will for many companies, institutions and teams, theatrical to sporting etc over the next ten days.

Although I was born in the reign of His Majesty King George VI, I was very young at the time of his passing and I have no recollection of that. HM Queen Elizabeth II is the only head of state of Canada that I remember. 

My wife and I have travelled several times on each of the three Cunard "Queens" that were launched/named by Her Majesty.

When we board the QM2 in three weeks I will probably shed a few tears as we pass by the lovely portrait of HM.

God save the King.

• Like 7

There was a sounding of the ships bell and sounding of the ships horn followed by a minutes silence on the QE today at 14:00 GMT to coincide with the Royal Salute.

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:36 PM, Victoria2 said:

I am in  floods of tears

As was I on Thursday.  Watching a documentary on BBC and NBC's coverage, all were excellent and brought me to tears frequently.

I remember as a young boy watching her coronation.  Maybe it's because of a bit of my English ancestry, I have been interested and admirers of the Royal Family and of the queen for decades.  

• Like 1

I was on the QM2 (got off today). In addition to the sounding of the whistle for a moment of silence, there was also a book to write condolences, the flags were lowered to half mast until Charles was proclaimed King and at the inter-denominational service there was a special tribute and prayers for the Queen.

• Like 5

On 9/11/2022 at 1:18 PM, Chart Room Princess said:

Here’s some of the pictures I took of the tributes on board the QM2 Hope they come through.

DD5AA911-368F-4FC5-A3DE-9C43C18CDE4C.jpeg

It looks more like a Binder of Condolence rather than a Book of Condolence!

2 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

The official guidance is to use a loose leaf binder (in case inappropriate comments need to be removed apparently!)

Makes sense I suppose but it does have the unfortunate effect of looking like a Health & Safety binder that you file on a shelf when you’re finished with it! 

41 minutes ago, Cruise Liner Fan said:

Sorry to hear that Queen Elizabeth II has passed away. Was she going to be the godmother for the Queen Anne entering service in 2024? If not has it been announced on who will be the Queen Anne's godmother?

I think the Queen would be so honored to have her Daughter christen the ship under her same name.

She is dedicated to the Queen thru all these days.

• Like 2