Wrong stateroom!!!

Owenred

5 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I’d be upset about this as well. The cabin you bid on is 271sq ft and they gave you one that’s 182 sq ft. That’s a lot of extra space you won’t get.

I would reach out to Royalup and document your attempts. I hope they respond but if they don’t save copies of the confirmation email on the bid you made and a copy of the email for the wrong cabin you won. If they can’t help you on board (which I’m doubtful they’ll be able to) I’d dispute the charge on your credit card when you get home.

Whatever happens don’t let it ruin your cruise but definitely don’t accept the charge!

Where are you seeing those cabin sizes?  I see an ultra spacious oceanview room is 172 sq ft.  The larger cabin you are referring to is an accessible oceanview.

4 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Contact them at @royalcaribbean on Twitter or Post on their FB page.  They generally are very responsive to these kind of situations.

I second this approach.  Sorry people did not read your original post.  If I bid on a particular cabin then I would be upset if they gave me something else.  If you do not get any satisfaction, then when you board I would ask at guest services if they have any ocean view cabins available.   Too bad you don't know anyone in one of those rooms - your could switch.  But please whatever happens, enjoy your cruise.  Don't let this spoil it for you and your family.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

From the pictures and the video it looks bigger than a regular balcony cabin. It also has a walk-in closet.

I edited the post after you quoted.  🙂 

1A is 271 sq ft and an oceanview balcony.  1K is 172 sq ft and an oceanview cabin, no balcony.  OP was looking at the category with no balcony.

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I edited the post after you quoted.  🙂 

1A is 271 sq ft and an oceanview balcony.  1K is 172 sq ft and an oceanview cabin, no balcony.  OP was looking at the category with no balcony.

I really don’t mean to be argumentative but the video is the ocean view ultra spacious balcony and it’s absolutely much bigger than a regular balcony. It has the 2 bunk beds and can sleep 6.

21 minutes ago, molly361 said:

They did not get an upgrade. They BID thru RU on a Spacious OV room NOT a balcony and won a balcony which is NOT what they bid on

But even after they won the SOV, the cruise line (not through RoyalUp) can upgrade them arbitrarily to any room that is considered to technically be an upgrade. 

Back when the Upgrade Fairy existed, people would make sure to check "no upgrades" if they wanted to make sure they got the exact room they booked, because just because Royal considered the room to be an upgrade, the person booking the room might not consider it to be an upgrade.

So if they bid on an SOV and then got upgraded to a balcony room, that IS an upgrade on paper.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Where are you seeing those cabin sizes?  I see an ultra spacious oceanview room is 172 sq ft.  The larger cabin you are referring to is an accessible oceanview.

You are looking at the spacious OV.  The ultraspacious id Cat K and is indeed 270 ish sq ft and sleeps 6

Ultra.jpg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I really don’t mean to be argumentative but the video is the ocean view ultra spacious balcony and it’s absolutely much bigger than a regular balcony. It has the 2 bunk beds and can sleep 6.

I am not trying to be either, just trying to look at the same thing as I am not seeing what you are seeing.  Tone doesn't come across well here, that is why I added the smiley.  🙂 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

I am not trying to be either, just trying to look at the same thing as I am not seeing what you are seeing.  Tone doesn't come across well here, that is why I added the smiley.  🙂 

I didn’t think you were. Anyway I think Royalup royally screwed up and I hope the OP gets it worked out.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

But even after they won the SOV, the cruise line (not through RoyalUp) can upgrade them arbitrarily to any room that is considered to technically be an upgrade. 

Back when the Upgrade Fairy existed, people would make sure to check "no upgrades" if they wanted to make sure they got the exact room they booked, because just because Royal considered the room to be an upgrade, the person booking the room might not consider it to be an upgrade.

So if they bid on an SOV and then got upgraded to a balcony room, that IS an upgrade on paper.

Well this will be the first time I have heard of that happening with Royal Up. I think there was a screw up someplace

• Like 1

OP, I understand your frustration. We have participated in RoyalUps, and our understanding is that if we win, it will be for what we bid on.  I, too, would be very disappointed to get a balcony if I wanted an OV; we do not like balconies.  The cabin always feels darker with that metal tunnel beyond the glass.  No opportunity to be at the window and just look right out at the sea.

Being told you can keep the door locked is not the point.  I hope you can get this straightened out.

• Like 2