FYI, new vax check process for embarkation

Bushdog

22 hours ago, Bushdog said:

Hey folks, as I know this is new - and YMMV. We just boarded Oasis out of Bayonne this AM. When we were checking in, we made sure we brought our vax cards and were ready to present. Here was our experience with the process.

Royal associate: "Hi, good morning. Are you both vaccinated?"
Me: "Yep"
My Wife: "Do you need to see our cards?"

Royal associate: "Nope"

So - the vax check just like the testing, are effectively perfunctory at this point. For show, I suppose.

Will be interested if others have the same experience.

Yes, this was the exact experience at Port Canaveral a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

What happens if someone you are sailing with is not vaccinated?  Do they really just need to show a random "at home" negative test?

Apparently that is the case. Effectively they have decided they don't care (is my impression, I do not know that as fact).

5 hours ago, island lady said:

I absolutely will bring my cards with me.  Have to get some use out of these new folders.  😉 

Keep your CDC vaccine card safe with these Covid vaccination card holders

I like that. My card travels with me everywhere I travel (which I do a good bit) and it is slowly getting tattered. Need to look into something like that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I was just thinking the same thing. 😂

We got these as well.  Very handy to have.  Cost like $4.00 on Amazon when we purchased.  Keep them locked in the safe until sailing time which will be next month. 

8 hours ago, island lady said:

Don't they already have that verified when we upload the Vax cards on the app before the cruise?

They are no longer doing this. Oops, saw this was already answered!

Edited by zanydoc

10 hours ago, lauraingalls said:

Honestly, This is how it should be. Both vaxxed and not can get it. This virus is now endemic and will be here like the flu. No one asks you about being vaccinated for flu. Lets get back to living our lives. 

It may be endemic but long covid is a big deal and everyone is at risk for it. Some people who made risky decisions like not masking got long covid which is debilitating. This is an issue that everyone wants to sweep under the rug but eventually will catch on to people who think they are done with covid. It will take another 1-2 years for everyone to realize how sick we all are and how covid disabled millions of Americans

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, jkx said:

It may be endemic but long covid is a big deal and everyone is at risk for it. Some people who made risky decisions like not masking got long covid which is debilitating. This is an issue that everyone wants to sweep under the rug but eventually will catch on to people who think they are done with covid. It will take another 1-2 years for everyone to realize how sick we all are and how covid disabled millions of Americans

I have long COVID.  My sense of smell is wacky, and it has exacerbated my asthma symptoms so that I wheeze when I deeply inhale or exhale.  Neither is as bad as the time I spent having to wear a mask causing my blood ox to drop into the 80's and I'd get lightheaded to the point I could barely walk or stand, and I had horrible headaches.  But yeah, I wore the thing to flatten the curve and save my fellow humans from my super-spreader droplets.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rudeney said:

I have long COVID.  My sense of smell is wacky, and it has exacerbated my asthma symptoms so that I wheeze when I deeply inhale or exhale.  Neither is as bad as the time I spent having to wear a mask causing my blood ox to drop into the 80's and I'd get lightheaded to the point I could barely walk or stand, and I had horrible headaches.  But yeah, I wore the thing to flatten the curve and save my fellow humans from my super-spreader droplets.

Thank you sir!!!

I am sorry to hear it made your asthma worse.

We so need to just live again.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 6:28 PM, jamscckmc said:

WOW! I’m really glad my first cruise in three years is to Bermuda. Not that we won’t get Covid anyway but less chance with an all vaccinated ship of having emergency evacuations due to very sick passengers.

We got covid on both of our cruises this year, vaccinated and boosted. Makes no difference, even when they had testing.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 9:28 PM, jamscckmc said:

WOW! I’m really glad my first cruise in three years is to Bermuda. Not that we won’t get Covid anyway but less chance with an all vaccinated ship of having emergency evacuations due to very sick passengers.

I haven't seen a "very sick" person from covid in quite some time now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I haven't seen a "very sick" person from covid in quite some time now.

But, on here I've seen people say they were "very sick" when really they just think having a fever and a cough is the definition of such.  Our internist said the same thing.  When she asked us about vaccinations at our physicals this summer, she was more concerned with whether we'd had the shingles vaccine than if we'd had covid boosters (only one, not planning on the second one).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, Bushdog said:

Apparently that is the case. Effectively they have decided they don't care (is my impression, I do not know that as fact).

It was clear to me during the covid outbreak on our 11 day cruise in April that they never really cared and that they understand that by the time most folks find out they are sick after a typical 7 day cruise they will be off the ship.  

Edited by jaygatsby27