Wait times for seating at Blu, is this normal?

keifernny

47 minutes ago, chemmo said:

In our general experience all restaurants (including Blu, Luminae, MDR and speciality restaurants are easier to access/book before 6.45pm and after 8.15pm. As we have travelled world wide we have seen some variations (in the Med if more Europeans on board skewed busier slightly later). 

As mentioned in a previous post, if you don’t want a wait or to be sent away with a buzzer ask the M’D for his time recommendations. He will after the first night or so be able to predict the crowded times. 

Thank you. Also don’t mind being sent away with a pager & straight to the bar for 🍸🍸

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I think it's time they made Blu for AQ people only.

I thought it *was* for AQ people only! I was looking at AQ when I made my last booking and was under the impression (at the time) that it was only for AQ folks like Luminae is only for suite folks (unless you are guests of someone in a suite and even then a fee is required...) 

Being new to Celebrity, I wouldn't have liked learning about this the hard way...but I probably missed it in the fine print...thank goodness for CC! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dlh015 said:

I thought it *was* for AQ people only! I was looking at AQ when I made my last booking and was under the impression (at the time) that it was only for AQ folks like Luminae is only for suite folks (unless you are guests of someone in a suite and even then a fee is required...) 

Being new to Celebrity, I wouldn't have liked learning about this the hard way...but I probably missed it in the fine print...thank goodness for CC! 

The only non-AQ guests who can eat in Blu are suites guests on a space available basis.

Pre-pandemic on Celebrity we always cruised Aqua and never had an issue with Blu. Ship was full and never had a wait time. Post-pandemic I have a feeling it has to due with lack of staff. My understanding is that they are limiting seating so that they can ensure those seated are provided with good service. The seating delay, with a pager, allows you to enjoy the rest of the ship, while you wait for your table. Easy way around is, is to head down a half hour early and grab a pager and that way you will be seated at about the time you would like to dine. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Oville said:

The only non-AQ guests who can eat in Blu are suites guests on a space available basis.

Thanks, I know. My wording was poor I guess.

I never thought MDR folks could dine at BLU.

I thought BLU was for AQ folks only. 

Did not know suite folks could dine at BLU  if they wanted to (if space is available.)  Knew suite folks could dine in MDRs at anytime, as can AQ folks. Knew anyone who is a guest of suite folks can dine in Luminae for a fee and if space is available.

(I don't know if anyone can dine at BLU if they are a guest of AQ folk. But I bet I will shortly 🤣)

Edited by dlh015

On 9/16/2022 at 10:40 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Wow, we were just on the Millie in Feb, booked her last minute when we saw a huge family room was available.  We booked AQ for the Panama Canal sailing and were looking forward to visiting Blu the first time.  I've read that occasionally when Blu is overbooked they'll offer discount vouchers for sushi, I take it they're not doing that?

How can Blu be overbooked?   Recently on Summit they simply told suite guests no as short staffed.   Have never had an issue waiting at 7:30 or later.  6:30 was different. 

35 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

How can Blu be overbooked?   Recently on Summit they simply told suite guests no as short staffed.   Have never had an issue waiting at 7:30 or later.  6:30 was different. 

Valid, I should have said "very long queue" instead of overbooked

On 9/15/2022 at 7:50 PM, keifernny said:

We’re currently on our 2nd Celebrity cruise. On our first cruise, an ABC cruise in Jan 2022, service was exceptional. The ship was very empty, as it was just after cruising restarted. Meals were very good both in Blu and at the Buffet. 

I’m wondering if our current Alaska cruise is more “Normal” celebrity, or an exception. 3 times this week we’ve been given a pager at Blu and told the wait was 30-45 minutes. The buffet is not staffed for dinner hours (ie: only the back mexican / pizza /pasta is open for dinner, and serving the same items that they do for lunch).  We attempted to make reservations for Tuscan grille to try it out, but the earliest available seatings all week were at 8pm. The maitre D said to us that there are 280 aqua class guests booked and only seating for 80 in blu, which seems to be the crux of the problem. 

Can anyone comment about whether we just got  “wowed” on our first cruise, or if celebrity has made big changes since January?….   Trying to decide if aqua is at all worth it for future cruises. 

keifernny,

What time did you go to Blu which required to wait 30 - 45 minutes?

Thanks!

53 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

5pm is very early for dinner. I’d be wanting another meal later if I ate that early! 

Understand. In our case we like to eat early, then go to the early show and then the game show. So it works for us. 😁 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 2

Just returned from two weeks on the Edge.  Sat next to AQ class passengers in Cosmopolitan MDR one evening.  They waited 7:45-8 30-45 minutes with pager for Blu,  got seated, couldn't get table service when seated so left and came to MDR.

23 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Booked the Ultimate for my January Apex cruise.

I have been on the Edge twice since July 2021 and have nine cruises book from now until 2024.  Two are on the Beyond, one on the Apex and one on the Edge.  The rest are S Class ships.  I also recently cancelled  a December Apex sailing.  No ship offered the Ultimate dining package.  The options are 3, 4, 5 or 6 night dining packages.  

Can you post a screenshot of the ultimate package?  I would love to see more of the details.