Where does RCL post changes to itinerary due to storm?

Painter4me

These are usually posted at the very top of their main web page with an Exclamation point.  Of course your family will receive an email if changes are made prior to boarding.

You can also go here:https://www.cruisetimetables.com/

to see if the ship is listed as being in port the day of.

Or just follow the ship here: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:25.0/zoom:4

We got an email last night that our Harmony Eastern Caribbean cruise for tomorrow is now a Western Caribbean cruise. Some of the folks on the other social media page are NOT happy.  
Most understand and accept the changes. 

Royal did give us the opportunity to cancel. For most, it was to late. 
m

Have seen updates here before: It's at the very bottom of the opening page on Royal's main site.........and when I say at the bottom, I mean it. Very Bottom.

The "Spot" is still on their website, just have to know where to look.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

I think Royal may have even forgot where they put it, not a lot action on it lately even though some itineraries have changed on some  of their sailings.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Have seen updates here before: It's at the very bottom of the opening page on Royal's main site.........and when I say at the bottom, I mean it. Very Bottom.

The "Spot" is still on their website, just have to know where to look.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

I think Royal may have even forgot where they put it, not a lot action on it lately even though some itineraries have changed on some  of their sailings.

Same kind of story on the changes page on the TA website

Itinerary.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shellunderwater said:

Next up....

"How much compensation should I expect since my vacation was ruined by RCL changing our ports?"

None.  They changed due to avoiding weather.  That is out of their control.  They may or may not offer something but that is usually only if they shorten or extend the sailing or totally miss ports and spend most of the time at sea

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Same kind of story on the changes page on the TA website

Itinerary.jpg

I think it's kind of lazy of them not to keep their customers updated on their site, otherwise they should take that link  off their site.

57 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think it's kind of lazy of them not to keep their customers updated on their site, otherwise they should take that link  off their site.

E mails with changes do go out to affected customers....in most cases. I agree though, keep the site updated or take it down. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

E mails with changes do go out to affected customers....in most cases. I agree though, keep the site updated or take it down. 

Emails are easy, that's just a flick of a switch.  They have everyone's email address on file for each cruise. I would like to see someone in the IT department actually go into the site and keep it updated.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Emails are easy, that's just a flick of a switch.  They have everyone's email address on file for each cruise. I would like to see someone in the IT department actually go into the site and keep it updated.

Agreed. It would be helpful for friends and family that aren't on the cruise to be able to know what's going on. 

• Like 1