Harmony docked in Port Everglade this morning

mo&fran

I se Harmony of the Seas docked in FLL this morning. Looks like she may have a fuel barge next to her. Original schedule had her in St Martin this week, but she went west. Most of the ships that I have been on refuel in St Martin.

14 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I se Harmony of the Seas docked in FLL this morning. Looks like she may have a fuel barge next to her. Original schedule had her in St Martin this week, but she went west. Most of the ships that I have been on refuel in St Martin.

Someone onboard mentioned they would be refueling in FLL.

Edited by OCSC Mike

Just now, orville99 said:

Why would she not just refuel when she was back in Port Canaveral tomorrow? 

I'm not a cruise ship logistics expert and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. 🤷‍♂️

(I know you were asking in general and just happened to quote me.)

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm not a cruise ship logistics expert and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. 🤷‍♂️

(I know you were asking in general and just happened to quote me.)

Neither am I. It just seems like a really poor way to spend what should have been a peaceful day at sea.

Maybe they have inside information the price of fuel is going up tomorrow and didn't want to miss out on a good price.

Kind of like when you are driving your car and drive by a station where the price is just so good you have to turn around and top off your tank.

• Haha 3

On FB, those onboard posted that the Captain had announced this fueling stop several times.  Due to the change in itinerary they needed to stop for fuel, that's all.  They should be leaving shortly for a day at sea.

Captain Johnny told us yesterday that we would be picking up the pilot outside of Ft. Lauderdale around 3 am.  Which we did.   Docked up by 3:30...took over 4 hours to fuel.  He only told us that since we did not pick up our usual fuel at St. Maarten, that we would be instead fueling here.  

Never mentioned why here and not tomorrow at PC.   His message this morning as we were leaving, said we now had fuel for two weeks.  Still nothing about why here and not PC.  Perhaps did not have an allocation for fuel set up in PC?  

Indeed annoying listening to the barge pump fuel all morning, and the diesel stink.   And people were smoking on the open smoking deck right above it.  Also very odd they let them do that.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Oh I know. Don't mind me. Just trying to keep busy while stressing about this stupid hurricane. Enjoy your sea day!

Indeed we are enjoying the sea day now...happy to be back out here again.   Beautiful day at sea, fairly calm, mostly sunny....and very humid.  

No shore leave allowed in Ft. Lauderdale port stop.  😉 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Oh I know. Don't mind me. Just trying to keep busy while stressing about this stupid hurricane. Enjoy your sea day!

Which Hurricane are you stressing over? Fiona or do you mean the next ones that are coming?

Fiona is pretty much gone for you...............

Edited by Jimbo

6 minutes ago, larka said:

May have something to do with the tropical storm in the  Caribbean and taking on enough fuel to ride out the storm if that became necessary

Still strange, and unexplained, why we did not simply take on the fuel tomorrow morning at home port...just 200 miles north.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Still strange, and unexplained, why we did not simply take on the fuel tomorrow morning at home port...just 200 miles north.  

Probably because they normally take it on at St. Maarten and the bunkers at PC are already scheduled for others.  Just a guess, but it makes the most sense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Probably because they normally take it on at St. Maarten and the bunkers at PC are already scheduled for others.  Just a guess, but it makes the most sense.

That would be the same for the bunkers in Fort Lauderdale too wouldn't it? Scheduled for others?

2 minutes ago, BND said:

That was my guess as well...but still not announced.  Fuel does need to be allocated, as far as I know.  Though odd they were able to pull fuel unscheduled at Ft. Lauderdale.  They must have more supply available?  

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Which Hurricane are you stressing over? Fiona or do you mean the next ones that are coming?

Fiona is pretty much gone for you...............

Ian, the one currently tracking right towards central Florida.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Ian, the one currently tracking right towards central Florida.

Agree and indeed...it's pretty easy to see that for anyone that wants to watch TV or pull up weather online.  😄 😄  It's even showing it on BBC on TV in the cabin on Harmony right now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree and indeed...it's pretty easy to see that for anyone that wants to watch TV or pull up weather online.  😄 😄  It's even showing it on BBC on TV in the cabin on Harmony right now.  

Sorry, I'm not sitting here tracking hurricanes. Your post helped a lot. Couldn't just let him answer and leave it at that could you?