Diamond level drink vouchers

As Diamond  + we each get five vouchers a day -- there was only one day that we came close, used 9 of the 10, to using them all.  The rest of the time it was normally two glasses of wine for me with dinner,  one glass for my wife, two drinks for me at the Schooner bar and one for my wife.  The one day we came close I had two glasses of wine and she had one with lunch. 

Of course I often supplemented my drink vouchers with pre-dinner drinks and if we finished dinner in time, at least one after dinner drink  in the Suite Lounge.

6 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

My 5 vouchers:

1 pool drink

2 "happy hour" drinks

1 wine at dinner

1 show drink

We have 4 vouchers each and I am really concerned about the daytime drinks. What about breakfast and lunch and bars during the day f.e. at trivia games etc.
What do you consume there? We have 7 seadays ahead of us and I don't think we would manage only with 4 drinks at evening/nighttime.

2 hours ago, catweazlecat said:

We have 4 vouchers each and I am really concerned about the daytime drinks. What about breakfast and lunch and bars during the day f.e. at trivia games etc.
What do you consume there? We have 7 seadays ahead of us and I don't think we would manage only with 4 drinks at evening/nighttime.

Breakfast: free juice and coffee

Lunch: water, flavored water, or iced tea

Friend a Diamond, Diamond Plus, or Pinnacle that doesn't drink.  😄

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Some people are reporting that they are not able to use their drink vouchers on debarkation morning.  IT seems, from my reading across multiple threads, that it varies from ship to ship. 

We used ours on departure morning on Navigator in February, Ovation in August, and Voyager 2 weeks ago.  So far this year it’s been every cruise. 

3 hours ago, catweazlecat said:

So you have to pay for a few.  You would have to drink about 11 per day to cover your Diamond drinks plus a Deluxe Drink package.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Breakfast: free juice and coffee

Lunch: water, flavored water, or iced tea

Friend a Diamond, Diamond Plus, or Pinnacle that doesn't drink.  😄

Those same non-drinkers may want to use their own vouchers for coffees, sodas, etc.  

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you stay out late it's very easy to use up all of your vouchers for the next day  as well. 

I'd have to be careful. I was using mine in the afternoon and Sharron's in the evening.  She will get one Latte in the morning and maybe one in the afternoon.  If she went to get her Latte in the morning and vouchers were already gone I'd be in big trouble.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Or they may have leftovers that they want to offer to other passengers.  I've "bought" drinks for people that either didn't have vouchers or ran out.

Your post just made it sound like if they're not using them for alcohol then they're not using them.

5 hours ago, catweazlecat said:

I get the soda package and stick to juice and soda until after lunch.  I get at least half of DW 4 vouchers and pay cash for the balance of the day.  I used to buy 1 DBP for me and 1 RP for her.  Now using D vouchers I come out ahead.  If I was drinking mimosas or Bloody Mary's in the morning I'd probably have to reevaluate my math.  At this point it works.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BND said:

Those same non-drinkers may want to use their own vouchers for coffees, sodas, etc.  

I was sure looking forward to fresh squeezed oj on my b2b. Ordered it monday first sea day. It was like battery acid going down. I couldnt believe they would serve it like that. So thursday following gave it one more try. Sour but they tossed the rotten oranges. 

Kinda put me off fresh squeezed for now. One of a few disappointments. 

I'm one who has trouble using 5 a day. ...and that made it one less a day. Awful. Guy making it said they had a bad batch, but now idk .. not looking forward to it as much after that. 

Oddly enough a guy from march remembered me from that b2b and how I was there every morning asking for it. I loved it then. He said yea someone else said it burned. He was the fresh squeezed guy lol. Funny he remembered me. 

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I was sure looking forward to fresh squeezed oj on my b2b. Ordered it monday first sea day. It was like battery acid going down. I couldnt believe they would serve it like that. So thursday following gave it one more try. Sour but they tossed the rotten oranges. 

I'm one who has trouble using 5 a day. ...and that made it one less a day. Awful. Guy making it said they had a bad batch, but now idk .. not looking forward to it as much after that. 

Oddly enough a guy from march remembered me from that b2b and how I was there every morning asking for it. I loved it then. He said yea someone else said it burned. He was the fresh squeezed guy lol. Funny he remembered me. 

The last time we ordered fresh squeezed last Nov, it was terrible.  The regular OJ is very good so we stick with that.

Edited by BND

6 hours ago, catweazlecat said:

Anything over and above the number of vouchers your have buy individually. 

For beer and soda, buy those instead of using vouchers.  Use vouches for the more expensive drinks. 

Do the math, if you will drink five drinks or more per day above your limit of four, e.g. nine drinks or more per day on average, then the deluxe beverage package may be the way to go. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

6 minutes ago, BND said:

The last time we ordered fresh squeezed last Nov, it was terrible.  The regular OJ is very good so we stick with that.

I ordered it on debark morning, but was not impressed.  I guess it tasted okay, but it was warm. 

12 minutes ago, BND said:

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I ordered it on debark morning, but was not impressed.  I guess it tasted okay, but it was warm. 

Yea the free tasted pretty good after that.

Yes, it's always served room temperature. They squeeze the oranges there. Sometimes they make a whole pitcher full. So more than one of us got the battery acid rotten juice. 

I'm ok with room temperature, but now kinda afraid of the fresh squeezed. My stomach also reacted that cruise and not well making me doubly reluctant to try it on allure. I'm home for a while. Until dec. 

That was one of my worst cruises. That oj was just one issue. ..but that's 2 in a row non favorites. Time to stay home so maybe I appreciate it more even when issues. I'm hoping allure things work. 

I did have coffee vouchers in addition last b2b because diamond coffee machine was broken. So I was loaded lol. .. and my toilet flusher we called maintenance at least 6 times .. etc. I want a non broken cabin without issues. That's a non fun thing to deal with daily. Bring on allure. I'll buy you a free drink with my vouchers. Bella may be hard .. too many friends. John first. 

3 hours ago, SRF said:

So you have to pay for a few.  You would have to drink about 11 per day to cover your Diamond drinks plus a Deluxe Drink package.

Exactly. Plus you can bring a couple of bottles of wine onboard for dinner. And if you drink beer, buy those and save your vouchers for "fancy" drinks.

• Like 1