Bailey's Not Included?

JamieLogical

In reading another thread (not specifically about the drink package), I found out that Bailey's is no longer included in the Premium Beverage Package. That package is supposed to cover drinks up to $15. So you are telling me that they are charging over $15 for a shot of Bailey's now? That's completely insane.

I have been sailing on Celebrity since the restart and Bailey's isn't included in their Classic Beverage Package either, which only covers drinks up to $9. However, unlike on NCL, you don't have to pay any service charges/gratuities on their included package. Also, the cost to upgrade from their Classic to Premium Package is only $12/day, which is cheaper than the $20/day you have to pay in service charges for just the included package on NCL. To upgrade to the Premium Plus package on NCL is $30/day. So to get the equivalent package to what I am used to from Celebrity on NCL, it costs $38 more per day?

• Like 1

Yes, and the Espresso Martini isn´t included either. There´s a cheaper version of Bailey´s included in the package.

With Celebrity you pay exactly the difference between the Classic and Premium package when you want to upgrade from Classic to Premium. And it´s the same with NCL. What you may question is the regular price of the various packages...

steamboats

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

In reading another thread (not specifically about the drink package), I found out that Bailey's is no longer included in the Premium Beverage Package. That package is supposed to cover drinks up to $15. So you are telling me that they are charging over $15 for a shot of Bailey's now? That's completely insane.

I have been sailing on Celebrity since the restart and Bailey's isn't included in their Classic Beverage Package either, which only covers drinks up to $9. However, unlike on NCL, you don't have to pay any service charges/gratuities on their included package. Also, the cost to upgrade from their Classic to Premium Package is only $12/day, which is cheaper than the $20/day you have to pay in service charges for just the included package on NCL. To upgrade to the Premium Plus package on NCL is $30/day. So to get the equivalent package to what I am used to from Celebrity on NCL, it costs $38 more per day?

Upgrade on Celebrity now $18 pppd.  $15 plus the 20%.  

I just factor the NCL drink package that I need to be $58 pppd.  It is what it is. 

Sailing the Joy in April with family and friends…first time back in a few years. 

I'd also heard that in some cases when ordering Baileys they are substituting the imposter.  Not sure if they are charging you the Bailys price or not.  This is something I'll be paying close attention to in November when I will be on Encore.

• Like 1

So if you order like a mudslide, and you request they use Bailey's specifically, they'll charge you extra?  It's also weird that the espresso notini is included...that's basically just a sweet iced shot of espresso, and espresso has never been included.  I don't mind the surcharge, per se, but it would be nice if it made sense.

5 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

$16 for a shot that is insane. I can get a whole bottle for $25 Same as crown royal $16 what a joke you can buy a fith for the priced of 2 drinks.
"

Now serve it to me on a giant ship. 🙂

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

$16 for a shot that is insane. I can get a whole bottle for $25 Same as crown royal $16 what a joke you can buy a fith for the priced of 2 drinks.
"

Not on a cruise you can't. 

Please name one place with a captive audience that charges street price?   Not a baseball game, theme park, airline,  etc.  I'm not saying it's not a rip off.  I'm saying you're naive to expect it to be street price

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Upgrade on Celebrity now $18 pppd.  $15 plus the 20%.  

I just factor the NCL drink package that I need to be $58 pppd.  It is what it is. 

Sailing the Joy in April with family and friends…first time back in a few years. 

I see you are correct. It is now $15/day + service charge to upgrade on Celebrity. So $18/day for a drink package that includes Bailey's and just about everything else on the ship. Whereas for a comparable package on NCL, it will cost you $54.60/day.

11 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I see you are correct. It is now $15/day + service charge to upgrade on Celebrity. So $18/day for a drink package that includes Bailey's and just about everything else on the ship. Whereas for a comparable package on NCL, it will cost you $54.60/day.

The standard NCL package includes drinks up to $15, the same as the upgraded package on Celebrity. The difference is that Bailey's costs $1 more on NCL than on Celebrity. If you drink 10 Bailey's a day, on NCL it would cost you $12/day over the standard package.

The $54.60/day package on NCL includes wines by the bottle, as well as high end champagne and spirits that are not included in the Celebrity package, FYI (Veuve, Moet & Chandon, JW Blue, Whistle Pig, etc).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, palpieha said:

The standard NCL package includes drinks up to $15, the same as the upgraded package on Celebrity. The difference is that Bailey's costs $1 more on NCL than on Celebrity. If you drink 10 Bailey's a day, on NCL it would cost you $12/day over the standard package.

The $54.60/day package on NCL includes wines by the bottle, as well as high end champagne and spirits that are not included in the Celebrity package, FYI (Veuve, Moet & Chandon, JW Blue, Whistle Pig, etc).

Well, the problem there is that the cruise lines set their own pricing. Bailey's is most definitely under the $15 limit on Celebrity, as are the VAST majority of drinks. I think I only came across two drinks over the limit on Celebrity. Whereas, NCL can say that a shot of Bailey's is worth $15 and therefor over their limit. Rather than saying what the price limit is, it makes more sense to say what actually liquors you can actually get within the package. The Premium Plus on NCL and the Premium package on Celebrity are directly comparable in terms of which liquors are included, regardless of the dollar limits listed.

Edit: I don't drink wine, so yeah, I haven't compared the two packages in regards to that.

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

The Premium Plus on NCL and the Premium package on Celebrity are directly comparable in terms of which liquors are included, regardless of the dollar limits listed.

We must be looking at different lists of liquor included. I don't see anything on Celebrity's premium package that is comparable to JW Blue, Whistle Pig, Veuve, or Moet & Chandon. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

We are sailing on POA in January and would like to know what bourbons are included in the regular drink package?  I do like Bailey's but doubt I will pay extra for it. 

I believe that Bulleit has also gone to the $16 level.  Just take the FAS drink package, order your fine bourbon and enjoy life.  Nowhere else are people on vacation so concerned about that single extra dollar.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, palpieha said:

We must be looking at different lists of liquor included. I don't see anything on Celebrity's premium package that is comparable to JW Blue, Whistle Pig, Veuve, or Moet & Chandon. 

There’s not, and I am a big of fan of Celebrity..different strokes. I cruise Celebrity for different reasons than NCL, I like them both.

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I believe that Bulleit has also gone to the $16 level.  Just take the FAS drink package, order your fine bourbon and enjoy life.  Nowhere else are people on vacation so concerned about that single extra dollar.

Agree,  no big deal.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Well I just thought I would try the one that is included. As far as bourbon goes, we are more selective as we are from the Bourbon capital of the world 😉.  

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Also, Celebrity generally charges less for their drinks, so their $9.00 limit on their basic package can get you almost the same quality and selection that the $15.00 limit does on NCL.

Edited by The Traveling Man

42 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Well I just thought I would try the one that is included. As far as bourbon goes, we are more selective as we are from the Bourbon capital of the world 😉.  

I'm confused.  You don't like Bulleit?  I'm guessing that the "included" would be Jim Beam, but you really don't want that, do you?  Jack Daniels is included, but that's not legally Kentucky Bourbon as I understand it.