Bliss 30 Oct 22 Vibe Cancellation because of charter

Anyone else get this email?  I've never seen a post where they have cancelled Vibe access because of a charter before.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. We’re glad to welcome you aboard the beautiful Norwegian Bliss very soon.

As a result of a group charter, Vibe will not be available on your sailing. Your Vibe reservation will be automatically canceled, and a full monetary refund of the fare paid will be returned to the form of payment used at time of reservation; no further action is required.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As a gesture of goodwill, we have extended a $50 non-refundable onboard credit per cabin.

Thank you for your understanding and for trusting us with your well-deserved holiday. As always, we are at your service and will make every effort to ensure you have a wonderful vacation aboard Norwegian Bliss.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Please do not reply to this email.

That would piss me off for sure.   

I also wouldn't be thrilled at the idea of some large group on board, large enough to take over the Vibe.  I wonder what else they'll be able to take over?  I suppose possible good news is maybe they will be squirreled away in the Vibe most of the time?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

I've never seen a post where they have cancelled Vibe access because of a charter before.

Vibe pre-sale is relatively new.  While there may not have been discussion of Vibe not being available on previous trips, it's possible all people were told when they tried to purchase passes on embarkation day was that it was sold out.  Now it needs to be communicated as it's being sold in advance.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, quillwercruisers said:

Anyone else get this email?  I've never seen a post where they have cancelled Vibe access because of a charter before.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to spend your vacation with us. We’re glad to welcome you aboard the beautiful Norwegian Bliss very soon.

As a result of a group charter, Vibe will not be available on your sailing. Your Vibe reservation will be automatically canceled, and a full monetary refund of the fare paid will be returned to the form of payment used at time of reservation; no further action is required.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. As a gesture of goodwill, we have extended a $50 non-refundable onboard credit per cabin.

Thank you for your understanding and for trusting us with your well-deserved holiday. As always, we are at your service and will make every effort to ensure you have a wonderful vacation aboard Norwegian Bliss.

Sincerely,

Norwegian Cruise Line

Please do not reply to this email.

I definitely would not be happy at all.  Also, I have never heard (read) about the Vibe being non available due to a charter--did not even cross my mind that it could be a possability.

• Like 1

I guess the reality is, any part of any ship could be booked out for a private party if the group wields enough influence (i.e. $$).  I think I learned this early on when my wife did a cruise on the Carnival Tropicale and the TV show Growing Pains was filming an episode that week.  Sections of the  boat would be off limits, including the pool decks during prime pool time.

OOPS, sorry Mods! Edited my previous post to remove the TA name per CC rules 😉

I think I found the group that will be onboard per googling, and their info verifies they have booked Vibe for the entire week.

Since I can't link to their site, here's some of the info I found (only as it pertains to this cruise). Also see my note below that there are some other public venues that will occasionally be closed for their group activities (private parties, etc.):

7 Nights - 20th Halloween Mexico Cruise THE GRAND FINALE!

Hosted Group of LGBT Travelers

Departs from Los Angeles, California on October 30, 2022 returning November 06, 2022

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE - Norwegian Bliss

THE VIBE BEACH CLUB-AN EXCLUSIVE

******** has chartered the Vibe Beach Club for the entire week. This is a private access club just for our booked guests. The Capacity is limited to 100 guests. We will take RSVP’s for a small fee of $100 per person for the week. The regular fee for this VIP area is $226 per person for this cruise. The Vibe Beach Club has a bar, deck furnishings, hot tubs, and meal service offered during select hours. It is open 7am to 11pm daily.

< also shows these entertainment venues mentioned >

SPECIAL NIGHTTIME THEME EVENTS

... the current (subject to change by NCL) social gathering times and show times each evening of the cruise:

DAILY
5-6pm SHOWTIME and or, Cocktail Gathering in the Social Club
7:30-8:30pm Social Gathering and Music/Dancing at Spice H2O
11pm-2am Nightly Dance and DJ With Michael Kessler and Theme Party in Texas Steakhouse

• Out & Proud 10/30
• HALLOWEEN with a $1000 Cash Prize to a lucky winner! 10/31
• The RED Party 11/01
• Cleopatra’s Revenge (Egypt) 11/03
• 50 shades of GAY- use your imagination and most creative sexy look!!! 11/4
• Hollywood Glam Pool Party (Day Event Date TBD)

All events are private....

Please note: There is no public nudity allowed as this is a mixed clientele cruise

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, quillwercruisers said:

So it looks like the group will have other public areas reserved for group activities. And they are likely going to be other impacts with a partial charter onboard. 

15 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

THE VIBE BEACH CLUB-AN EXCLUSIVE

******** has chartered the Vibe Beach Club for the entire week. This is a private access club just for our booked guests. The Capacity is limited to 100 guests. We will take RSVP’s for a small fee of $100 per person for the week. The regular fee for this VIP area is $226 per person for this cruise. The Vibe Beach Club has a bar, deck furnishings, hot tubs, and meal service offered during select hours. It is open 7am to 11pm daily.

And the chartered guests get a huge discount also?   

One thing taken over a restaurant or club for a few hours, but totally another thing taking over a venue for the whole duration of the cruise.  

3 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

One thing taken over a restaurant or club for a few hours, but totally another thing taking over a venue for the whole duration of the cruise. 

I wonder if this warning statement below might have something to do with that.  Maybe they're making that area, since it's somewhat private, an area where this is allowed?

15 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Please note: There is no public nudity allowed as this is a mixed clientele cruise

*Travel agent chiming in*   NCL and other lines do the same, however I've never seen a venue getting taken for an ENTIRE cruise.  I've heard of buy-outs of the solos & haven, and also Spice H2O for a night.

The group is paying a premium for their space, so the fact VIBE is at the rate being offered has probably just been calculated in to the group's overall cost.   

If this is RSVP or Club Atlantis, I suspect they have a very big allotment of cabins... 

• 2 weeks later...

At least you got advanced notice of Vibe being unavailable. Took cruise 5 yrs ago, was totally in Luv w/ Vibe. 1st to board after Haven.... RAN w/ lightning speed to be 1st in line for passes. Told that I was too late, all passes were taken. BS! a group took over vibe and no passes would be given out unless you were part of that group. At M& G voiced my displeasure, any time ship officer came over to table at meal again more  displeasure...  never did get into Vibe... but drown in chocolate covered strawberries!

• Haha 2

Ugh.

I would not be happy with that group.

We had a Bear Crue group on a cruise years ago and it was.....not what I wanted to see or should I say my children at the time.

Should have been called the itsy bitsy speedo cruise.

Be thankful it's not that. They too had the no nudity disclaimer but it was not followed.  How do you loose your suit in the hot tub?

If anything, nighty parties should be something.

• Haha 2

So sorry to hear that Quill.  It’s such a disappointment since you already purchased the passes to now have them taken away.   It doesn’t seem right to take all the pre purchased passes away just to give them to another group.   
I hope you have a great cruise anyway 

• Like 1

There was a convention on our cruise last week. No notice. Some venues were closed from time to time for convention events.

But, they hung out for non-convention dinners making lots of noise and commotion in dining rooms (MDR and Specialty). pretty annoying. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, McFins said:

So sorry to hear that Quill.  It’s such a disappointment since you already purchased the passes to now have them taken away.   It doesn’t seem right to take all the pre purchased passes away just to give them to another group.   
I hope you have a great cruise anyway 

Thanks McFins we will definitely have a great cruise anyway!!  🙂