Confused by drink ... as usual

My wife and I are both Diamond on RCL and Elite on Celebrity, but we haven't sailed on the former since before the pandemic and I'm confused about free drinks. We sail on Rhapsody next month and understand we will each receive four daily drinks vouchers which I presume we could use for, say, two wines with lunch and two with dinner. Is this correct? And drinks are free in the Diamond Lounge 5 to 8pm, yes?

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Balloon Man said:

My wife and I are both Diamond on RCL and Elite on Celebrity, but we haven't sailed on the former since before the pandemic and I'm confused about free drinks. We sail on Rhapsody next month and understand we will each receive four daily drinks vouchers which I presume we could use for, say, two wines with lunch and two with dinner. Is this correct? And drinks are free in the Diamond Lounge 5 to 8pm, yes?

Thank you.

You now get 4 drinks per diamond member per day (use them or lose them) that you can use for any drink (up to $13) , anytime, anywhere.

The drinks in the DL are now charged against those for vouchers  and is no longer unlimited

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Balloon Man said:

Thank you.

Hi.

no more free drinks in the Diamond lounge.

you have to use you daily drinks vouchers which are no longer paper vouchers but pre loaded onto your seapass.

8 minutes ago, Balloon Man said:

Thank you.

Yes, you can use your 4 vouchers daily for any drinks of $13 or less. No more happy hour free drinks in the DL.

Another thing to be aware of; the vouchers are good for any beverage up to $13. This includes things like bottled water, fresh squeezed O.J. at breakfast and beer, all of which are considerably cheaper than a $13 cocktail. The staff will (almost) always use your vouchers to pay for those lesser-priced drinks. If you plan on drinking cocktails and want to get the best bang for your buck, tell the bar tender not to use a voucher for your O.J. or glass of soda etc.

• Like 4

Thank you. So the Diamond Lounge Happy Hour drinks menu is confusing when it says "Have a drink on us for your loyalty." That's what it says and shows an extensive selection of drinks on the RCL web site today! No mention of coupons.

14 minutes ago, Balloon Man said:

Thank you. So the Diamond Lounge Happy Hour drinks menu is confusing when it says "Have a drink on us for your loyalty." That's what it says and shows an extensive selection of drinks on the RCL web site today! No mention of coupons.

That is probably an old menu from back when they had unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge from 5-8pm. You can still order those drinks for free (up to 4) using a voucher, anytime during the day. 

The old system was 3 vouchers plus unlimited happy hour drinks from the happy hour drink menu. The new system is 4 vouchers for Diamond, 5 for Diamond+ and 6 for Pinnacle to be used anytime during the day and no more unlimited HH drinks.

As others have pointed out, if you don't use all of the vouchers, you lose them as they don't carry over to the following day. The vouchers are good for any drink up to $13 at any bar except the Bionic Bar on ships that have them. 

19 minutes ago, Balloon Man said:

You can still have your drinks in there if you want to.  We love the new system.  We can enjoy a drink anywhere at anytime we want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Balloon Man said:

What's the current policy for free drinks for Elites on Celebrity?

5 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Another thing to be aware of; the vouchers are good for any beverage up to $13. This includes things like bottled water, fresh squeezed O.J. at breakfast and beer, all of which are considerably cheaper than a $13 cocktail. The staff will (almost) always use your vouchers to pay for those lesser-priced drinks. If you plan on drinking cocktails and want to get the best bang for your buck, tell the bar tender not to use a voucher for your O.J. or glass of soda etc.

So.... do you have to tell the server when you order your cocktail that it is a voucher purchase?  Or will it just reconcile on it's own on your statement... Haven't been on a cruise in a while, and we are Diamond so just want to understand the process prior to our March cruise... Thanks!

4 minutes ago, AZ Squirrel said:

So.... do you have to tell the server when you order your cocktail that it is a voucher purchase?  Or will it just reconcile on it's own on your statement... Haven't been on a cruise in a while, and we are Diamond so just want to understand the process prior to our March cruise... Thanks!

You don't have to ask to have a voucher applied. They can see your account and know whether or not you have vouchers available to use. If you don't say anything, it will most likely be charged to one of your vouchers. If you don't want a voucher applied, you should say so when ordering.

2 hours ago, AZ Squirrel said:

They take your seapass card or your cabin number.  Shows up on your account as a zero charge.

Between my husband and myself we have 8 vouchers to use each day.  He has to be careful with alcohol because of meds so he will probably have 2 drinks and use the others for cans of soft drinks that we will take back to our cabin.

I love the new program and being able to use the vouchers any time of the day - not just in the evening.

Edited by mek
  • Like 1

I usually say I want to use a voucher, just because we also get the soda package and I have had bartenders tell me I can't get frozen virgin drinks with that. And if I get a coke at the bar, I make sure to tell them NOT to use a voucher. No confusion if you tell them how you want to pay for it (but it doesn't hurt to check your account to double check!)

1 hour ago, mek said:

Between my husband and myself we have 8 vouchers to use each day.  He has to be careful with alcohol because of meds so he will probably have 2 drinks and use the others for cans of soft drinks that we will take back to our cabin.

I love the new program and being able to use the vouchers any time of the day - not just in the evening.

You can also get alcoholic drinks on his voucher, and pay for the cheap stuff. 😄

17 hours ago, njkruzer said:

They take your seapass card or your cabin number.  Shows up on your account as a zero charge.

This is very confusing to me as we were in a suite on Quantum and there were lots of zero charges showing up and I could not tell what they were for.  So really had no idea how many vouchers we had left at any point in time.  What I determined was that we were getting a zero charge for our coffee's, soda's (I had the soda package), as well as any alcoholic beverage.  

3 hours ago, mek said:

Understood, but 4 drinks a day is plenty for me.

We get five and it was a challenge.  I do love a coffee with Bailey's with breakfast, a couple of glasses of wine with lunch and dinner, plus cocktails in the afternoon and evening.   It's easy to go through five vouchers rather easily. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

This is very confusing to me as we were in a suite on Quantum and there were lots of zero charges showing up and I could not tell what they were for.  So really had no idea how many vouchers we had left at any point in time.  What I determined was that we were getting a zero charge for our coffee's, soda's (I had the soda package), as well as any alcoholic beverage.  

We had all CK meals show up on our account as Zero? first cruise I noticed that. Cannot imagine how many zero charges you had with D+ drinks 

Edited by Tulsacoker