Liquor price list

Islandbuoy

There are no price lists, but expect to pay at least the same as your local package store if not more. You’ll find plenty of multiple bottle discounts, but many will take you over the customs allowance. You’re mostly best to buy locally unless you have a bunch of non-refundable OBC you need to use up. 

Don’t forget that if you’re flying, the bottles must go in your checked baggage. Anything else will be confiscated by TSA. 

• Like 1

There can be some good prices.  Example Gray Goose  - 2 Liters for $60.   At BevMo $50 plus 9% sales tax per liter bottle

here’s their list from Summit last month. 

297FE7B6-34F4-44A6-9ACE-5199E81E9FEE.thumb.jpeg.3cc812c3cef89a787c78051c51e948f2.jpeg

LOL -   I guess it's also a self portrait.

D163E173-4C2E-4D73-B2CF-BEE11A51C4BD.thumb.jpeg.87ca5ab591b56bd30d874119d6d5e693.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

There can be some good prices.  Example Gray Goose  - 2 Liters for $60.   At BevMo $50 plus 9% sales tax per liter bottle

here’s their list from Summit last month. 

297FE7B6-34F4-44A6-9ACE-5199E81E9FEE.thumb.jpeg.3cc812c3cef89a787c78051c51e948f2.jpeg

LOL -   I guess it's also a self portrait.

D163E173-4C2E-4D73-B2CF-BEE11A51C4BD.thumb.jpeg.87ca5ab591b56bd30d874119d6d5e693.jpeg

I bought 2 bottles of absolut vodka in port for $13  each. On board you had to purchase in multiples and was quite a bit more.  They don't budge on their pricing as in the past.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Guindalf said:

There are no price lists, but expect to pay at least the same as your local package store if not more. You’ll find plenty of multiple bottle discounts, but many will take you over the customs allowance. You’re mostly best to buy locally unless you have a bunch of non-refundable OBC you need to use up. 

Don’t forget that if you’re flying, the bottles must go in your checked baggage. Anything else will be confiscated by TSA. 

3 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I bought 2 bottles of absolut vodka in port for $13  each. On board you had to purchase in multiples and was quite a bit more.  They don't budge on their pricing as in the past.

And I have experienced that seizure of unchecked bottles. 😞. (It was 10+ years ago, but won't forget that mistake, especially since they were gifts for friends!)

Louis XIII at Costco in Fl.   It would probably end up being the same price after sales tax 

I have found for the most part that the duty free shops don’t really offer much of a discount.   The small amount of savings if any isn’t worth the hassle of taking off the ship

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

EA334B76-5B66-4CAA-A03C-AC5742B1AB6F.jpeg

This is "ancient history" but my finest score was Johnny Walker Blue (750ml) on Med Equinox sailing in the summer of 2010. Some kind of "special" w/o the fancy box @ $99.00 each. Purchased 3-bottles which at the time were $140.00 in most other places.   

10 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

And I have experienced that seizure of unchecked bottles. 😞. (It was 10+ years ago, but won't forget that mistake, especially since they were gifts for friends!)

They take them from you if purchased in port but returned on the last afternoon.  To buy these in my local LCBO (Canada) they are $30 each for the 750 ml.size and these are 1 litre bottles. No big deal to bring home as plenty of room in suitcase. 

@drakes2 I think they are talking about bottles in carry ons seized by TSA. Liquor has to be in checked luggage when flying. 

There is an exception for anything purchased at the duty free shops past security in an airport. That can go in carry ons. BUT  big problem for anyone whose flight home involves a connection because the exemption only applies to the first airport. You have to either claim your checked luggage at the first airport and put your duty free in there, or you can check a new bag at that airport. Just be careful because the duty-free store's packing job might not be good enough for the type of handling checked bags go through.

Had fun packing 3 bottles of very precious Blantons bought in San Diego last year for $139 each (was over $200 here in SC). Wrapped in plastic bags and bubble wrap inside the boxes, then wrapped in clothes inside a medium suitcase that was wrapped in clothes inside a large one donated by our son. One bottle leaked through the cork, so the plastic worked. Still gradually working my way through a taste at a time!

Edited by mayleeman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

This is "ancient history" but my finest score was Johnny Walker Blue (750ml) on Med Equinox sailing in the summer of 2010. Some kind of "special" w/o the fancy box @ $99.00 each. Purchased 3-bottles which at the time were $140.00 in most other places.   

I got some of those JWB @ $99. Another time I got 2 @ $305 with the box. Locally JWB is $230 plus 10% tax. Last month on Solstice they did not have any JWB for sale in the shop.🥳

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

I got some of those JWB @ $99. Another time I got 2 @ $305 with the box. Locally JWB is $230 plus 10% tax. Last month on Solstice they did not have any JWB for sale in the shop.🥳

I have found very slim pickings of just about everything in the on board shops. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plato123 said:

Here is a pEclipseDutyFree2022.pdfrice list from Eclipse on our Alaskan cruise a couple of months ago

I see those prices were effective to end August.  I was interested in purchasing the Baileys strawberries and cream when on the Equinox last week but the price per bottle was $38 USD and I didn't feel was worth the money.  They only had 3 bottles in stock and were not getting any more.