Celebrity just called us to try and downgrade our

LinnieRed

23 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

There is always room for negotiating.  You never take the first offer.  The worst someone can say is "no" but you don't know if you don't ask.  I never use the Butler so I can take or leave this.  Stocked bar is not a big deal either.  I can bring a drink back from any bar.  The only valuable things to me are eating in Luminae, priory boarding/disembarking, the suite OBC and suite lounge.  I forgot my sea pass card because it's my souvenir from my trip.  

I haven't tried the IV yet.  I have an upcoming Beyond sailing in one.  I think I am going to like it.  I don't spend much time on the balcony.  There are not enough sunrises/sunsets off the ocean to see and I like the extra light in the room but hardly open doors and go out.  

People talk about bringing drinks back to the room but my hands are not steady.  I’m afraid I’d spill half of it.  

On 10/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, AnnaNicole said:

Aqua Class cabins include the perks now.

I wouldn't have switched either.

Not the suite restaurant, which IMO is so much better then Blu.  Also, the suite lounge is wonderful and depending upon the ship, the suite deck is also great-   And the points?  More for a suite.   I truly look foward to those perks and wouldn't change, unless they offered me a full refund and an aqua cabin.

15 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Not the suite restaurant, which IMO is so much better then Blu.  Also, the suite lounge is wonderful and depending upon the ship, the suite deck is also great-   And the points?  More for a suite.   I truly look foward to those perks and wouldn't change, unless they offered me a full refund and an aqua cabin.

I don’t book suites because if I did, I’d worry that someone with a smaller suite was allowed into the lounge or the restaurant ahead of me.  🥸

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

It is newish. You can check out the website (https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/aqua-sky-suite) or this brochure. I suspect the website is more accurate but perhaps less detailed. My impression is that they do indeed have the suite benefits (similar to Sky Suites) and also spa benefits.

CEL_04_28_FlyerAquaClassSkysuiteBY.pdf 1 MB · 8 downloads

41 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The flyer linked here seems to say otherwise re suite benefits..in the new Aqua Suite rooms, that is. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

The flyer linked here seems to say otherwise re suite benefits..in the new Aqua Suite rooms, that is. 

Those are Aqua suites- not Aqua class cabins.  If an aqua suite- same benefits and I would take it!

Edited by Cruise a holic

4 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Those are Aqua suites- not Aqua class cabins.  If an aqua suite- same benefits and I would take it!

I do realize there is a difference…I also see how it could confuse some.  I myself just realized the added benefits of the Aqua Suites, and will be checking them out for pricing on future cruises. 

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

People talk about bringing drinks back to the room but my hands are not steady.  I’m afraid I’d spill half of it.  

Forget the hands with the ship movement its so easy to spill without realizing it. Had red wine spots on my brand new white jeans. 

Just now, drakes2 said:

Forget the hands with the ship movement its so easy to spill without realizing it. Had red wine spots on my brand new white jeans. 

Good point.  I’ll remember to only drink white wine or martinis.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I do realize there is a difference…I also see how it could confuse some.  I myself just realized the added benefits of the Aqua Suites, and will be checking them out for pricing on future cruises. 

I have looked at the new AS. They changed my favorite S2's on S class ships to a AS.  I'm fine with any M class sky suite. When it comes to S Class. We were just on Solstice in 2114. We could still hear some noise from the OC. 2114 will become a AS. This fall we have our 1st CS booked on Eclipse. When it comes to the Aqua Suites we just wont use the extra benefits. People tell me that Celebrity has a Spa and Gym. 🙄

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

Quite the conundrum. You need a drink to steady your hands, but when you get one you spill half of it... especially true first thing in the morning... or maybe that's just me 😂

I’m still trying to figure out what a RichYak is.  An animal with a lot of money?  🙂

Exactly, except for the money part. 😊

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

No red wine with white clothing is the first rule of fashion—or should be!

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’m still trying to figure out what a RichYak is.  An animal with a lot of money?  🙂

To keep it on topic(ish), this is how a suite-dwelling rich yak dresses on an Evening Chic night. 

image.thumb.png.893d1d11267c230a57a8ed03b260c9b1.png

Cue someone posting about how Luminae is Smart Casual, even on EC nights in 3...2...1...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sunpsyche said:

No red wine with white clothing is the first rule of fashion—or should be!

Yeah no kidding.  It was tiny spots all over one leg but after running  cold water in the sink it all came out.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zitsky said:

I worry about my shaky hands too, but is it still considered spilling if it ends up in my stomach?

They were doing this on my Allure of the Seas sailing this week.  Offered people in a junior suite $300 plus the difference in cruise fare to switch to a balcony.  I would actually switch if they gave me all the retreat benefits.  I'd just go to an inside or OV and go to the retreat.