Future Cruise Booking Question

ophkw

Hello.  New to cruising and while onboard the Equinox we booked a Future cruise placeholder.   Paid the $200 deposit but did not pick an actual cruise.  We are wanting to transfer this to a new TA and wondered once we book an actual cruise with a date with them will be pay more of a deposit or is the $200 all that is required?  Thanks in advance. 

Edited by ophkw

31 minutes ago, ophkw said:

Hello.  New to cruising and while onboard the Equinox we booked a Future cruise placeholder.   Paid the $200 deposit but did not pick an actual cruise.  We are wanting to transfer this to a new TA and wondered once we book an actual cruise with a date with them will be pay more of a deposit or is the $200 all that is required?  Thanks in advance. 

Welcome to CC. Our past experiences, once we transfer the booking (s) to a TA the original deposit was all that was required. If we elected to be booked in a group space booking with the TA to get additional OBC and booking discount then we had to pay additional for the full deposit. Speak with the TA concerning their specific policy. I believe you have up to a year to move a placeholder booking to a TA. Up to 30 days if it's a booked cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

Piggy backing off this question.  I have a cruise scheduled for December.  We are planning on booking a cruise for summer 2024 but it hasn't opened yet.  If I book when it opens, which should be within the next month, can I apply it that toward it. I'm assuming no, but not sure.  In other words, would I have to wait to book it onboard to get the OBC?  

20 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Piggy backing off this question.  I have a cruise scheduled for December.  We are planning on booking a cruise for summer 2024 but it hasn't opened yet.  If I book when it opens, which should be within the next month, can I apply it that toward it. I'm assuming no, but not sure.  In other words, would I have to wait to book it onboard to get the OBC?  

You can only get the on-board-booking-bonus OBC by booking a new cruise on board (either a specific cruise of a "Future Cruise"); you cannot make use of an existing booking.

17 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

You can only get the on-board-booking-bonus OBC by booking a new cruise on board (either a specific cruise of a "Future Cruise"); you cannot make use of an existing booking.

I figured as much but was hopeful. We’ll have to weigh the pros/cons of booking as soon as those itineraries open or waiting until we can take advantage of the OBC. 

2 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I figured as much but was hopeful. We’ll have to weigh the pros/cons of booking as soon as those itineraries open or waiting until we can take advantage of the OBC. 

If you plan on booking with a refundable deposit, you can always rebook once on board.  (And then cancel the other one).  One of the odd things ((IMO) about Celebrity is that you can actually have two bookings for the same cruise at the same time.  

5 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

If you plan on booking with a refundable deposit, you can always rebook once on board.  (And then cancel the other one).  One of the odd things ((IMO) about Celebrity is that you can actually have two bookings for the same cruise at the same time.  

Interesting. We’re going with a group of friends so we’d like to get cabins near one another in a good location. It makes us want to jump on asap. 

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

When you purchase a Future Cruise Booking Certificate

Here's the the flyer that I booked a Certificate from -  They price listed below is per person so you will need a certificate for 2 people at 2x the price.

You have 90 days from issue of the certificate to book using the certificate or you loose the promotion.   The amount you paid for the certificate then becomes basically a FCC for up to 1 year.  At the end of one year the full amount if unused is credited back to your credit card.

In our case they only charged us $250 pp  and was told I could use it for any cruise of any length   I booked a SkySuite and really didn't know if there would be additional deposit as my cruise was past final payment date and full payment due withing 24 hours.    The benefits came through.

One thing I learned  is you can not book online using the certificate.   You have to either call your agent or Celebrity as it is basically considered an existing reservation that you are transferring to a new booking.   It will show up in your Current Bookings with a reservation number.

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2022_02/C4955BF8-1328-486F-8ACA-416353D0D256.jpeg.2f743abf969c0f36fb1e602a2b19f86b.jpeg

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2022_02/177F63F6-2C21-4F8E-B6AF-B33106065C56.jpeg.a345940e8060d85f409e59f56f435c33.jpeg

• Like 1

I don’t know if it applies to those booked before but the new Future Cruise Certificate allows 18 months to book a cruise.   You aren’t required to book a place holder.   After 18 months if a cruise isn’t booked you the money will be refunded 

something else is the names can be changed up until a cruise is booked and then only one name is allowed to be changed 

I will get a form and post it

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

Friends of ours booked us a Cruise Later Deposit when they were on a September Millennium cruise, paying $200. We have in our possession a certificate that states:

IMPORTANT: To secure your exclusive offer, please remember to complete your booking within 1 YEAR.

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2022 at 5:39 PM, miched said:

I don’t know if it applies to those booked before but the new Future Cruise Certificate allows 18 months to book a cruise.   You aren’t required to book a place holder.   After 18 months if a cruise isn’t booked you the money will be refunded 

something else is the names can be changed up until a cruise is booked and then only one name is allowed to be changed 

I will get a form and post it

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I recently purchased two of these certificates on board the Edge.  I told the agent one was for me one for my brother, and we were waiting to book a Transatlantic when itineraries were released (today).  He assured me I could transfer one to my brother.  Trying to book today and my TA says I can't transfer one to my brother.  I should have insisted on board.  Anyone have success doing this?  I mean, not the end of the world, we'll have me and my brother on one, my DH and SIL on the other but a pain. 

On 10/26/2022 at 5:08 PM, Jim_Iain said:

When you purchase a Future Cruise Booking Certificate

Here's the the flyer that I booked a Certificate from -  They price listed below is per person so you will need a certificate for 2 people at 2x the price.

You have 90 days from issue of the certificate to book using the certificate or you loose the promotion.   The amount you paid for the certificate then becomes basically a FCC for up to 1 year.  At the end of one year the full amount if unused is credited back to your credit card.

In our case they only charged us $250 pp  and was told I could use it for any cruise of any length   I booked a SkySuite and really didn't know if there would be additional deposit as my cruise was past final payment date and full payment due withing 24 hours.    The benefits came through.

One thing I learned  is you can not book online using the certificate.   You have to either call your agent or Celebrity as it is basically considered an existing reservation that you are transferring to a new booking.   It will show up in your Current Bookings with a reservation number.

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2022_02/C4955BF8-1328-486F-8ACA-416353D0D256.jpeg.2f743abf969c0f36fb1e602a2b19f86b.jpeg

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2022_02/177F63F6-2C21-4F8E-B6AF-B33106065C56.jpeg.a345940e8060d85f409e59f56f435c33.jpeg

It's been a few years.  What do you pay for these certificates?  Whatever you pay for them is your deposit?  So you just get some onboard credit for the amount listed above, depending on room category and number of nights?  I will be onboard Sunday!  Is this the same if we just book onboard?

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

6 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I recently purchased two of these certificates on board the Edge.  I told the agent one was for me one for my brother, and we were waiting to book a Transatlantic when itineraries were released (today).  He assured me I could transfer one to my brother.  Trying to book today and my TA says I can't transfer one to my brother.  I should have insisted on board.  Anyone have success doing this?  I mean, not the end of the world, we'll have me and my brother on one, my DH and SIL on the other but a pain. 

Yes, I just had success directly with Celebrity!!!

My friend bought 2 FCC's onboard her Alaska cruise- one for each of us. I repaid her the $200 for it and she gave me the certificate. Yesterday a.m. I wanted to book a cruise. When I gave the Celebrity reservationist the # of my FCC she told me it was in the name of our friend- uh oh. But she said that the friend could verbally authorize my using it. Luckily my friend was awake at 7:45 am when I called her on my cell phone, put the cell phone up against my home phone that the agent was on, and the verbal agreement was sufficient for us to proceed with our booking using the FCC!

I suggest a conference call with you, your brother and the TA. Cite my experience and have your TA contact Celebrity to verify.

Or....again via conference call with your brother on the line too book directly with Celebrity and then transfer the booking within 30 days to your travel agent!

Edited by TMLAalum
  • Like 1