Bringing water on board

Yes - you can bring water on board.  Published limits and enforcement dont always seems to match.  The link posted gives the guidelines.  On our Sep Symphony sailing out of Miami, we brought on more water and noone opened our carryons.  Id recommend going with your gut/judgement on water you need.  12 one liter and 2 1.5 liter bottles were enough for us for a 7 day cruise. 

For soft drinks, we have no experience so dont want to guess.

Edited by Stealthdog

Our cruise Docs specifically say that "No non-alcoholic beverages are allowed to bring on board".

In the past, I have often brought 12 bottles of Pepsi Zero when boarding.  Lately, the  rules have changed.  So I leave them on shore to welcome me at departure.  I don't prefer Coke products, but cola is my source of caffeine so I make do.  I often add rum to mute the flavor difference.

54 minutes ago, PigsCanFly said:

Our cruise Docs specifically say that "No non-alcoholic beverages are allowed to bring on board".

In the past, I have often brought 12 bottles of Pepsi Zero when boarding.  Lately, the  rules have changed.  So I leave them on shore to welcome me at departure.  I don't prefer Coke products, but cola is my source of caffeine so I make do.  I often add rum to mute the flavor difference.

Well, that's not correct.

As stated in the link posted above, you can bring on up to 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages (soda, juice, water) as long as each container does not contain more than 17 ounces.  (per stateroom)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

Nope, same rules as before. Just got off last Saturday and had carried on 12 pack Dt Dew

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Well, that's not correct.

As stated in the link posted above, you can bring on up to 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages (soda, juice, water) as long as each container does not contain more than 17 ounces.  (per stateroom)

Each of our Guest Ticket Booklets for our Wonder otS Nov 13th and 20th cruises have the following statement:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

I will probably bring along 2 - 6-pks of Pepsi Zero (16.9 oz) and either enjoy my morning Drink or be forced to donate them at the port.  I hope you are right and my docs are not.

For all of the  hassles of traveling, consisting of flying, driving, parking worrying about do we have all of our paperwork in order, and a couple dozen other things that could go wrong, not to mention that probably thousands of dollars are being spent and forever I read about people wanting to take water/beverages on board.  How much do you save in lugging more stuff on  the ship?  I just don't get it.

4 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

Each of our Guest Ticket Booklets for our Wonder otS Nov 13th and 20th cruises have the following statement:

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines (vermouth, sherry, sake, and port wines) or nonalcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use.

I will probably bring along 2 - 6-pks of Pepsi Zero (16.9 oz) and either enjoy my morning Drink or be forced to donate them at the port.  I hope you are right and my docs are not.

I am.  They are not.

😄 

5 hours ago, PigsCanFly said:

FWIW, your cruise documents also say:

"An 18% gratuity is also automatically added to beverages, room service, and the mini bar. Beverage gratuities are pooled and shared by various dining and beverage service staff. An 18% gratuity is also automatically added to spa and salon purchases. Gratuities for other service personnel are at your discretion"

There is no mini-bar.  Hasn't been for several years now.

11 hours ago, ronandcarla said:

For all of the  hassles of traveling, consisting of flying, driving, parking worrying about do we have all of our paperwork in order, and a couple dozen other things that could go wrong, not to mention that probably thousands of dollars are being spent and forever I read about people wanting to take water/beverages on board.  How much do you save in lugging more stuff on  the ship?  I just don't get it.

Some people don't have a problem lugging stuff.  I sometimes jokingly call my husband Sherpa.   But since most of our luggage will be checked when we park the car, carrying on some soda/water and wine doesn't seem like a big deal.   I think I still have one of those luggage carriers from before luggage had wheels and we might use that to make it even less of a bother.  For us it is about having the things we like.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently on fourth week on Wonder.  They have those awful cans of water (being European embarkation), but switching to bottles when we hit the states on the 13th.  

I bought a refillable water bottle in the gift shop, and then simply fill it with the cans of water.  Dislike the cans due to not being able to reseal them.  

46 minutes ago, island lady said:

They have those awful cans of water (being European embarkation), but switching to bottles when we hit the states on the 13th.  

Not sure a ship having cans has anything to do with being a European embarkation port - whether you get cans or bottles seems quite random.

The people that check your carry-on bag when you enter the terminal are employed by a variety of companies that may or may not care what you have inside.  (Mostly don't care.). 12 half liter bottles of xxx and two 750ml of wine will fly through on one machine or it could be checked on another.  Last cruise someone had two 24 bottle cases of water go through.  We just go through two different lines.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure a ship having cans has anything to do with being a European embarkation port - whether you get cans or bottles seems quite random.

That was what the officers and crew in Coastal Kitchen and the SL here on Wonder told us.   They were looking forward to having the bottles again once we hit the states.  

15 minutes ago, Debbierpof said:

Does anyone know if you can purchase a bottle of vodka or rum onboard that you can take back to your cabin and use while onboard?

Yes, it's usually in the gifts section of the planner but only on some ships.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, it's usually in the gifts section of the planner but only on some ships.

Yeah, and was a small bottle liquor when I saw it Pre-CV on my Sailings. Only thing been in my Planner Gift Section lately been Bottle Champaign/Strawberries at $149 or Bottle Wine/Cheese for $45, this on 4 Different Royal Ships