Allure - What do they have for breakfast breads/pastries?

Was on X infinity last month and they had wonderful breakfast breads/pastries in the suite restaurant Luminae. One my wife really liked was the raisin roll and we are scheduled for Allure in early Feb and wondering if they have something similiar or what types do they have for breakfast in the suite/diamond lounges?

1 hour ago, JDPCruisers said:

One my wife really liked was the raisin roll and we are scheduled for Allure in early Feb and wondering if they have something similar in the suite/diamond lounges?

They have some pastries there - quite subjective how wonderful they are.

• Haha 1

The items in the suite lounge vary from day to day with a few repeats. I remember seeing bagels (with all usual toppings), almond croissants, creme filled croissants, assorted doughnuts and fruit topped custard tart (my favorite but rarely found). There was a type of raisin bread but it was more loaf bread type. I don't think that is what you are looking for. As mentioned above, the quality can vary but some items are decent.

They also have lots of fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits.

2 hours ago, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks for the responses, so far. 

We had breakfast every day in Coastal Kitchen and the server would come around with different pastries. You could make a request, as they are most anxious to keep you happy.

If you want an expresso or cappuccino, there is a self-serve machine in the suite lounge which is on the other side of Coastal kitchen. Or I'm sure the server would get you one also.

Enjoy your cruise !

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We had someone I ate with request the pretzel bread and the waiter brought us a basket every day. Hmmm. I'm not a bread eater but love this.

I am very surprised that the pretzel bread was available at breakfast.  I have only seen the stollen.

36 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

We really like the stritzel, otherwise called fruit bread. It is a loaf bread with cranberries, raisins, almonds and often specialty sugar on top. Don’t think I spelled it right….

Think you might be referring to their streusel or strudel bread.  I love that and just returned from Allure. Had it for breakfast each day in the MDR. It’s almost raisin bread but has more fruit, especially cranberries, almonds and orange. Excellent!  Our waiter referred to it as cranberry bread. 

• Like 1

Thanks, all. The wife will be happy to hear this as she's had breakfast breads and pastries on many RC ships but said the ones on X Infinity were the best she's had onboard (better than on X Millie and Apex). We have Edge coming up after Allure, so will be interesting to see the differences. I don't partake, carbs are my downfall, but have to have my smoked salmon, cheese, and meat in the suite/diamond lounge with our glass of champagne!

I know everyone is different, but any breakfast items in Coastal Kitchen that stand out?

On 11/7/2022 at 5:57 PM, Grandma Dazzles said:

Think you might be referring to their streusel or strudel bread.  I love that and just returned from Allure. Had it for breakfast each day in the MDR. It’s almost raisin bread but has more fruit, especially cranberries, almonds and orange. Excellent!  Our waiter referred to it as cranberry bread. 

I love it as well.

I don't partake, carbs are my downfall, but have to have my smoked salmon, cheese, and meat in the suite/diamond lounge with our glass of champagne!

Speaking of smoked salmon, where can I find it nowadays on Harmony or other Oasis class ships at breakfast time?  Will it be in plain view or do I need to ask a staff member if they have it?  I do not eat breakfast in the dining room so I'm looking for other venues.

Thanks, all. The wife will be happy to hear this as she's had breakfast breads and pastries on many RC ships but said the ones on X Infinity were the best she's had onboard (better than on X Millie and Apex). We have Edge coming up after Allure, so will be interesting to see the differences. I don't partake, carbs are my downfall, but have to have my smoked salmon, cheese, and meat in the suite/diamond lounge with our glass of champagne!

I know everyone is different, but any breakfast items in Coastal Kitchen that stand out?

I like omelet's and although the menu says 'ham and cheese', I have had no problem getting spinach, tomato, bacon, etc. added to my omelete. 

I am also a big fan of steamed rice, my wife is Japanese, so I have asked for rice with a number of meals, including eggs over easy, rice and sausage. 

On 11/7/2022 at 4:57 PM, Grandma Dazzles said:

I became addicted to it on the very first cruise, I think the crystal baking sugar on top does it for me.  I even ordered some of that on Amazon to use here at home.  But my fave are entirely the chocolate Croissant on X cruises...o boy!

Donut shop on the Boardwalk has fresher donuts and more variety than other locations.  Our Assistant Waiter was working there and said they were made fresh behind the Dog House for that location.  The donuts served elsewhere were made overnight.  We found he was right.