Why is Concierge more expensive then Aqua?

LB_NJ

Initially and typically, Aqua is priced higher than Concierge...but, over time, the computer that does the pricing makes changes by a "supply and demand" algorithm...So, often, there are quirks...We were once on an Alaka cruise where, for a time, Concierge was priced lower than Inside!  We also have a current booking where we, initially, booked an OV....then some Balconies came up with prices at less than half our OV booking...We quickly switched.   The balconies had been previously sold out (why we were in an OV) but, suddenly, one late night, three balconies appeared suddenly (likely cancelations) and the computer read it as a sudden glut of supply and set the price low...All three disappeared in very short time.

Edited by Bruin Steve

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Aqua rates include drinks, wi-fi and gratuities.  Concierge does not automatically include those.  To compare AQ to Concierge you have to select the All Included rate when pricing Concierge.

I priced out Concierge with AI.

13 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Initially and typically, Aqua is priced higher than Concierge...but, over time, the computer that does the pricing makes changes by a "supply and demand" algorithm...So, often, there are quirks...We were once on an Alaka cruise where, for a time, Concierge was priced lower than Inside!  We also have a current booking where we, initially, booked an OV....then some Balconies came up with prices at less than half our OV booking...We quickly switched.   The balconies had been previously sold out (why we were in an OV) but, suddenly, one late night, three balconies appeared suddenly (likely cancelations) and the computer read it as a sudden glut of supply and set the price low...All three disappeared in very short time.

I guess that's what happened to me. I booked an obstructed balcony on deck 6 the cheapest category then a few days later an SV opened up on deck 10 for an extra $100 CAD which was also concierge so quickly grabbed it. My CVP said it was probably a cancellation and price had not been updated.  Huge balcony with fantastic views. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miched said:

On one cruise I seen where AQ was only $100 pp less than a SS.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I mean, that sort of makes sense. The thermal suite / persian garden has value [and I end up paying for it if I'm not in AQ] ... and some people prefer Blu to Luminae.

The last time I was in a SS (like a decade ago now) ... The butler told me that he was doing double duty as a SS butler and a Concierge Class "concierge"... The higher end suites have butlers which are more senior and dedicated to higher category suites only.

19 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

It is supply and demand. Aqua is preferred on S class ships and not so on E class ships and so so on M class. So price diff between CC and A is affected because of that. 

Why do you say Aqua isn't preferred on E class ships? And so-so on M? 

I've only experienced it on S, and thought it was great -- I'd imagine the Thermal Suite is superior to Persian Garden on E ... and looks decent on the pics I've seen of the revolutionized M class ships ... And Blu should be Blu across the fleet?

46 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

I've only experienced it on S, and thought it was great -- I'd imagine the Thermal Suite is superior to Persian Garden on E .

I heard The Thermal suite on E class is far superior to Persian Gardens. I've never actually tried it but a friend who has says Persian Gardens doesn't even come close.  Unfortunately even with Elite status they will not give you free access on a port day.  Said they are under a different contract.