ms Nieuw Statendam and ms Volendam in Port Everglades November 19, 2022

Scrapnana

We disembarked the NS today. We had a 10 AM flight (I know it’s too early, don’t scold me) and were third in line at 6:30 AM to carry our luggage off. At 6:50 we were told it would be another 10 minutes. At 7:30 we were told the gangway was stuck and they couldn’t connect it to the ship. Finally at 8:10 they started using the elevators to take passengers to A Deck to use a ramp. We made it to our gate at 9 AM, but it sure added some stressful moments. 

Seven ships here in Port Everglades. Sky Princess is blocking your view of Volendam. Thanks for letting me know we don’t leave until 1900. It will be too dark to wave to you all!  It’s so nice to be back on HAL. The Volendam appears to be in tip top shape. And the Dive In burger was fantastic at lunch. Captain is doing his safety announcement over the loud speaker now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 510picker said:

We disembarked the NS today. We had a 10 AM flight (I know it’s too early, don’t scold me) and were third in line at 6:30 AM to carry our luggage off. At 6:50 we were told it would be another 10 minutes. At 7:30 we were told the gangway was stuck and they couldn’t connect it to the ship. Finally at 8:10 they started using the elevators to take passengers to A Deck to use a ramp. We made it to our gate at 9 AM, but it sure added some stressful moments. 

ON Nov 4th we disembarked from the Beyond in Port Everglades and also had a 10 AM fight (I know!). We were lucky in that we were one of the first ones off the ship at 6:47 AM and were at the airport gate by 7:55 AM. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

Ran out of piers at FLL/PEV reportedly.

Oosterdam drew the short straw because she's coming from a transatlantic and heading off to a South American season so nobody will need to park at the terminal.  Eurodam was also supposed to be in Fort Lauderdale today but my cruise got extended a day so we could get in.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1