Booked Last Week and now Extra OBC advertised.

dock

Hi all,

what’s my chances at getting the additional OBC being offered today. 

Its u$ 50 per cabin for two cabins and another U$100 for another. 

Considering we covering the bills for all the cabins every little bit counts lol. Is it worth a call. Thanks

Chances are 100%

I booked my June 2023 cruise last month.

A week ago, when the OBC sale was advertised, I called Celebrity CS and asked if they would price match with OBC.  They ended up giving me a $200 OBC for my Aqua Class cabin.

It will only work as long as the sale cruise price has not increased (which it shouldn't have for you) and as long as you did NOT submit final payment.

Call and let us know how you made out.

• Like 2

I called last week after I saw an extra $250 was being offered. 

After I upgraded to the Premium package I asked if there was any way I could receive a goodwill gesture for missing the new offer a week after my initial booking.

To my complete surprise the kind lady added a further $200 to my existing $550 OBC.

Please give it a try and report back

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJRonbo said:

It will only work as long as the sale cruise price has not increased (which it shouldn't have for you) and as long as you did NOT submit final payment.

Just to clarify: it will work as long as the final payment deadline hasn't passed. If OP paid for the cruise early, the offer can still be applied.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Just to clarify: it will work as long as the final payment deadline hasn't passed. If OP paid for the cruise early, the offer can still be applied.

Aaah, thanks for the clarification. I'll remember to pass that on the next time I recommend the OBC sale.

2 minutes ago, kayehall said:

When was the extra OBC offered?  I confirmed the Solstice when the 2024 schedule came out.  Should I contact my TA?

Beginning yesterday, an extra $50 OBC was added to the current promo.   

58CBECF0-BD38-4720-8009-D1EB56085E03.thumb.jpeg.130270876500f200a428eef77ae5f3f3.jpeg

8 hours ago, dock said:

Hi all,

what’s my chances at getting the additional OBC being offered today. 

Its u$ 50 per cabin for two cabins and another U$100 for another. 

Considering we covering the bills for all the cabins every little bit counts lol. Is it worth a call. Thanks

As long as the fare is the same they should give it to you.  Many times when additional OBC is offered there is a corresponding increase in the fare.  

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Beginning yesterday, an extra $50 OBC was added to the current promo.   

58CBECF0-BD38-4720-8009-D1EB56085E03.thumb.jpeg.130270876500f200a428eef77ae5f3f3.jpeg

So, I am assuming after the extra $200 OBC they have me for calling them a week ago, I should now be able to call them back and get an extra $50?

8 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

So, I am assuming after the extra $200 OBC they have me for calling them a week ago, I should now be able to call them back and get an extra $50?

Yes, assuming you’re not past final payment as @hrhdhd mentioned. 

Don’t get upset if Cyber Monday adds another $5 OBC on top of that. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

the extra $50 OBC it's not available for 2024 cruises from Southampton 🤬

As you know we are on some of the same sailings with you.   I don't see why not per the T&C as long as you are booked in Veranda or higher.   I have the request into my TA.     I really hate to keep bothering my TA for all these small tweeks to the promo.   If your going to start your BF sale a week early then start it a week early.  How many varieties of the BF promo will there be.   I'm sure we will see a Cyber Monday and Travel Tuesday variant in the next few days.

Galapogos is the only exclusion.

T&C copied from one of the multitude of emails I have received in the last 2 days for the promo:

Bonus OBC Offer: Cruise must be booked Nov. 24 – 25, 2022 (the “Offer Period”) and applies to 3-night and longer sailings departing 12/02/22 – 4/30/25. OBC amounts are $50 per stateroom for verandas, Concierge Class, AquaClass® and the Retreat. OBC amount will be credited to guests’ stateroom folios. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Bonus OBC Offer is combinable with BOGO 60% Off 2nd Guest Offer for Refundable Fares or BOGO 75% Off 2nd Guest Offer for Non-Refundable Fares, Overlay Savings and OBC offers, No Perk Rate or All Included and Cruisetours. Applicable to all prevailing Group rates that are named during the booking period. Not applicable to Galapagos.

4 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Chances are 100%

I booked my June 2023 cruise last month.

A week ago, when the OBC sale was advertised, I called Celebrity CS and asked if they would price match with OBC.  They ended up giving me a $200 OBC for my Aqua Class cabin.

Call and let us know how you made out.

Same for me, except I emailed best price and got a response a few days later. I was pleased. 

2 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

What about NRD bookings?

So. outside of the call taking 60 minutes to complete (35 minute hold time and then additional 20 minute hold to get me to a reservation agent), it was easy peasy!

They added the extra $50 to the existing $200 that was added a week ago when I originally called about the Black Friday sale.

And if they offer $5 more on Monday, you can bet I'll call again.  🙂

Edited by NJRonbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kayehall said:

When was the extra OBC offered?  I confirmed the Solstice when the 2024 schedule came out.  Should I contact my TA?

If there is any sort of deal with additional OBC or perks it is ALWAYS worth a phone call.  Calling in North America is free and you never know.  I have twice received adjustments after final payment.   Once from X and once from my TA.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

As you know we are on some of the same sailings with you.   I don't see why not per the T&C as long as you are booked in Veranda or higher.   I have the request into my TA.     I really hate to keep bothering my TA for all these small tweeks to the promo.   If your going to start your BF sale a week early then start it a week early.  How many varieties of the BF promo will there be.   I'm sure we will see a Cyber Monday and Travel Tuesday variant in the next few days.

Galapogos is the only exclusion.

T&C copied from one of the multitude of emails I have received in the last 2 days for the promo:

Bonus OBC Offer: Cruise must be booked Nov. 24 – 25, 2022 (the “Offer Period”) and applies to 3-night and longer sailings departing 12/02/22 – 4/30/25. OBC amounts are $50 per stateroom for verandas, Concierge Class, AquaClass® and the Retreat. OBC amount will be credited to guests’ stateroom folios. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Bonus OBC Offer is combinable with BOGO 60% Off 2nd Guest Offer for Refundable Fares or BOGO 75% Off 2nd Guest Offer for Non-Refundable Fares, Overlay Savings and OBC offers, No Perk Rate or All Included and Cruisetours. Applicable to all prevailing Group rates that are named during the booking period. Not applicable to Galapagos.

It doesn't apply to inside cabins eve  if yet are paying double occupancy. Only way to find that out is to do a mock booking.  Terrible IT department. That should be made very clear on the web site.