Wonder of the Seas - Medical Diversion, delay

sharktums

9 minutes ago, myacuna said:

Apparently this incident took place near the play scape and it’s still close. The woman was cut off so clearly inebriated and fell up or down the stairs breaking her orbital bone.

Pretty early in the day for that…

58 minutes ago, myacuna said:

Apparently this incident took place near the play scape and it’s still close. The woman was cut off so clearly inebriated and fell up or down the stairs breaking her orbital bone.

Are you sure about that? After breakfast we went out and my kids played on the playscape, and this was around 11am. Definitely was not closed then.

I wonder if there was more than one incident today although I only heard the alpha call once.

1 hour ago, myacuna said:

Duplicate post

Edited by jrapps

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Are you sure about that? After breakfast we went out and my kids played on the playscape, and this was around 11am. Definitely was not closed then.

I wonder if there was more than one incident today although I only heard the alpha call once.

I looked back at my chats and it was maybe closer to 12/12:30? I’m not too sure, the announcement was shortly after they witnessed the fall. 

13 minutes ago, myacuna said:

I looked back at my chats and it was maybe closer to 12/12:30? I’m not too sure, the announcement was shortly after they witnessed the fall. 

Got it, that makes more sense time wise. Crazy that there were multiple medical emergencies that close together.

3 hours ago, myacuna said:

Interesting, it must have been a terrible fall that caused  a serious broken bone. It had to be so bad the life the patient was at risk other wise they wouldn't have spent thousands if not millions of dollars on this diversion. 

2 minutes ago, B2af said:

Interesting, it must have been a terrible fall that caused  a serious broken bone. It had to be so bad the life the patient was at risk other wise they wouldn't have spent thousands if not millions of dollars on this diversion. 

Someone above mentioned which bone, sounded like the eye bone that needed operating on.

I'd have wanted to come back to florida for rhe operation, guess it couldnt wait. 

Yep a lot will miss their flights. 

5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re boarding Sunday, so I hope they send emails to everyone so there’s not 6000 people waiting to board for hours and hours.

People waiting, no matter what emails/texts they send out, is inevitable. Folks flying in have no where to go other than the port. And folks flying in a day before have to vacate hotels by noon need to go somewhere. With the ship's arrival around 4 pm, boarding won't start for another 4ish hours. It will be very ugly in the terminal. Bring food and drink, and find a comfortable spot to camp out... for hours.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JCDCA said:

Waiting 8 hours to reach land makes you wonder about the severity 

Well even if it’s “just” something like a broken hip, I feel for that injured passenger and family. Another reason to purchase the extra medical rider on your travel insurance which covers your return to your hospital of choice vs the nearest appropriate US port. No — I am not an insurance agent.  I was an admissions RN for a well-known rehabilitation hospital in NJ and learned just how much it costs to medical-evacuate someone from a far-away state back to your home. Thousands and thousands. 

teddie 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, teddie said:

Well even if it’s “just” something like a broken hip, I feel for that injured passenger and family. Another reason to purchase the extra medical rider on your travel insurance which covers your return to your hospital of choice vs the nearest appropriate US port. No — I am not an insurance agent.  I was an admissions RN for a well-known rehabilitation hospital in NJ and learned just how much it costs to medical-evacuate someone from a far-away state back to your home. Thousands and thousands. 

teddie 

Interesting reading…..looks like better be prepared. It’s gonna be what it is. Hope it’s not toooooo hot. 

9 minutes ago, teddie said:

teddie 

"Apparently this incident took place near the play scape and it’s still close. The woman was cut off so clearly inebriated and fell up or down the stairs breaking her orbital bone."

27 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

People waiting, no matter what emails/texts they send out, is inevitable. Folks flying in have no where to go other than the port. And folks flying in a day before have to vacate hotels by noon need to go somewhere. With the ship's arrival around 4 pm, boarding won't start for another 4ish hours. It will be very ugly in the terminal. Bring food and drink, and find a comfortable spot to camp out... for hours.

You do not know what is going to happen on Sunday.  The cruise line could be trying to make arrangements for the passengers that are supposed to sail on Sunday.

Patient and family are in ambulance and they are pulling the dock up now. Hoping for an update in the next hour or so. For those of you talking in the thread about rumors, the current talk near me is that it was a man in his 60’s who suffered a heart attack or stroke near windjammer this morning. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, sharktums said:

Patient and family are in ambulance and they are pulling the dock up now. Hoping for an update in the next hour or so. For those of you talking in the thread about rumors, the current talk near me is that it was a man in his 60’s who suffered a heart attack or stroke near windjammer this morning. 

It’s this. It was the medical emergency that happened around 10:30ish in front of the Windjammer

28 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I would just check my luggage and take the 2 minute stroll down the sidewalk to Grills and enjoy some food and drinks…..instead of getting in the middle of the huge crowd trying to get into the terminal!!

Is there room for 5000 people there at Grills?

The exactly who and how of the injury will likely just be rumor and conjecture. At this point the important thing is waiting for the captain to announce estimated time back to Port Canaveral and how that affects both those of us on the cruise now and those of you looking to board on Sunday.

• Like 1