Elite Perks

hobgoblin

Having finally reached Elite status with Celebrity can anyone tell me about the Elite Breakfast perk?

Will be on Silhouette for Fjords next June and cant see anything about where this breakfast is served or what it entails .

Guess this is useful though if off ship early .

Also,can anyone say if the Ports at Olden,Stavanger,Bergen and Alesund are walkable from the ship?

Thanks in advance 

The breakfast is held in the Tuscan Grille, deck 5. The continentals style breakfast is severed from 8 to 10AM. It's not a full menu order type of breakfast. You can also get complementary  mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis as part of your elite perk. 

Edited by davekathy

43 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The breakfast is held in the Tuscan Grille, deck 5. The continentals style breakfast is severed from 8 to 10AM. It's not a full menu order type of breakfast. You can also get complementary  mimosas, bloody marys and bellinis part of your elite perk. 

Also specialty coffees and teas, great smoothies and juice. Meals are pre plated but can be plated to order.

It's our favourite way to start the day. Tends to be busiest on sea days not so popular if you want to be off the ship early.

If you just want to stay in the town most ports in the Fjords are walkable. However the "attractions" can be further out - research each carefully before travelling.

This was the menu from Edge, served at the Bistro. I was the only guest there during the whole week, roughly an hour before they closed down. I could have gone to BLU but they close so damn early.

They also served sparkling water which isn't explicitly listed.

IMG_5903.thumb.jpeg.91a0a503c314fc6adaba19fa5a9fc956.jpeg

Sometime, the Elite breakfast is good and sometimes not. Usually, the smoked salmon in the Elite is better than the buffet but on our last cruise, the smoked salmon in the Elite breakfast was twisted in a weird knot and required a fork and hand to untie. I had to ask twice for coffee most days on our last cruise too. The bilinis are much better in the Elite breakfast though. 

4 hours ago, hobgoblin said:

Also,can anyone say if the Ports at Olden,Stavanger,Bergen and Alesund are walkable from the ship?

We did the Norwegian fjords, albeit on a different cruise line, this summer with the exact port stops. We didn't have any interest in doing major glacier hikes or tours and found it was just fine doing self walks in the towns. Of the ports listed Olden has the least to easily see right off the ship on your own:TBH it wasn't a nice day there the day we were there so we just stayed on the ship. But the view where we docked was AMAZING. The remaining three ports are very walkable and quite enjoyable. Just make sure you bring RAIN GEAR, umbrellas, and dress in layers. Photo below of Olden.

PXL_20220616_131428598_2.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

We were on Silhouette in October this year out of Southampton, the Elite breakfast had just been reverted back to a self service buffet in the old style, with waiters bringing drinks and toast if required, served in Tuscan grille. I was led to understand this was fleet wide...are the posts from others above from cruisers who have experience since October?

5 minutes ago, harz99 said:

We were on Silhouette in October this year out of Southampton, the Elite breakfast had just been reverted back to a self service buffet in the old style, with waiters bringing drinks and toast if required, served in Tuscan grille. I was led to understand this was fleet wide...are the posts from others above from cruisers who have experience since October?

We sailed Oct. 15 to Oct. 27, on the Summit and there was no buffet style.

4 hours ago, MLP12 said:

Are you able to go in Tuscan to get a take out coffee or do you have to stay there to drink it?   I always enjoyed the Diamond Lounge on RCI to just get a coffee to take back to my cabin.

I have gotten it to go pre-COVID but have not attended Elite Breakfast since sailing re-commenced.  We've only done Suites since sailing re-started and I am enjoying my coffee with Bailey's in Luminae.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, prmssk said:

Does anyone know if they have non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, oat, or soy) available to make lattes for the elite breakfast?

I heard people asking for non dairy milks, and there was no problem getting it. I think almond and soy were the most asked for.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MLP12 said:

Are you able to go in Tuscan to get a take out coffee or do you have to stay there to drink it?   I always enjoyed the Diamond Lounge on RCI to just get a coffee to take back to my cabin.

No take out.  Those who requested it were told no because there are no take out cups there.  People were referred to Cafe al Bacio or Oceanview Cafe where trey could find takeaway cups stocked.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 6:26 PM, prmssk said:

Does anyone know if they have non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, oat, or soy) available to make lattes for the elite breakfast?

I am Dairy Intolerant and yes Lactose Free milk is available.

I prefer it, as Soya milk curdles in Coffee.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

I am Dairy Intolerant and yes Lactose Free milk is available.

I prefer it, as Soya milk curdles in Coffee.

I react to lactose free dairy milk the same as regular dairy milk.  I think it is actually the casein that I'm intolerant to.  I always get a bit nervous with how often the crew refer to me as lactose free or offer me something that is lactose free. 

I'm glad to hear it sounds like they do have some options.

15 minutes ago, barbels said:

Elite cruisers get free coffees and teas at Al Bacio so that's your go to for good take out coffee.

Isn't that just Elite Plus and above?  I don't think Elite gets you free Al Bacio.

• Like 2