Help - I have a cold

MOSusan

image.png.c1a1423cf316738e0a663cdd4630d2af.png

I have a cold and I am afraid that I will be denied boarding.  I have covid tested and it is negative, it's just the cold I get every year at this time.  What has your experience been with boarding.  I'm afraid I will fly all the way to Florida and be denied because of the common cold.  

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Say no to all the health questions and stay away from others on the ship.

That's what people have been doing for years.  Hoping that in 5 days I will feel much better but they have me worried. 

We are having the same issue here as well. Set to sail on Thursday and Sunday my husband developed a cold.  No fever, just nasal congestion and a slight cough (he without fail gets a cough with every cold he gets) Son and myself are both fine.  We have so eagerly waiting this cruise as we haven’t been since 2018.  Ugh 😞

Thank you for all of the responses.  This cruise has been rescheduled 4 times.  The first time because of Covid and then I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and my oncologist made me cancel the next booking.  1 1/2 years of treatment and I am happy to say that I beat it!  I'm a Survivor who just wants to cruise.  🙂 🌴

• Like 35

1 hour ago, MOSusan said:

image.png.c1a1423cf316738e0a663cdd4630d2af.png

I have a cold and I am afraid that I will be denied boarding.  I have covid tested and it is negative, it's just the cold I get every year at this time.  What has your experience been with boarding.  I'm afraid I will fly all the way to Florida and be denied because of the common cold.  

For ten yrs done same Fall Cruises, always with Allergies/Runny Nose. I always just said no on questionnaire. Took CV Tests and brought Home Negative Test with me just in case last 2 yrs. No issues and nobody questioned me

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Unless they have changed in the last few months, the health questions are only 3.

Will you be more than 24 (I think it is 24) weeks pregnant?

Are you vaccinated?

Are you boosted?

No questions on current cold/flu/covid like symptoms.

Edited by RedIguana
Not sure if can't spell or just suck at typing. Edited to reflect weeks not months. I guess i can't spell, type, or think:)
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, RedIguana said:

Unless they have changed in the last few months, the health questions are only 3.

Will you be more than 24 (I think is is 24) months pregnant?

Are you vaccinated?

Are you boosted?

NO! Yes, Yes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

Will you be more than 24 (I think is is 24) months pregnant?

Are you vaccinated?

Are you boosted?

24 Months Pregnant? My Wife always said seemed like forever  😁

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Haha 16

Just go!!! They won’t even know you have a cold!! They are so busy checking people in that’s last thing on their mind. When we cruised 2 weeks ago I did all the talking and handing over of docs at check in for wife and grandson. Have a wonderful cruise!! 

Edited by lcpagejr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Those kinds of questions may come at the pier during check in.

I was quite surprised last weekend when we checked in  at the terminal for Jewel that the agent did not ask us any questions about our current health, the closest he came to health was asking if we had been vaccinated and boosted.  Did not want to see cards.  I didn’t know if they have stopped asking or did he just forget to ask?😂

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Agree, Daughter got home from Cruise 3wks ago. Left Ship with cough/runny nose, wore Mask last day and short Flight home. Tested positive Flu first Day back, next Day CV+ and ended up with Sinus infection in the end. Trip to remember!... Funny thing is she came home from Cruise 1st March 2020 positive for Influenza, originally they thought might be CV. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Those kinds of questions may come at the pier during check in.

They don't.  Just the three mentioned above.

DH comes home with a cold from most cruises.  We just got back on Nov 19 from a b2b on Jewel and a couple of days later, a cold.  Just sore throat and productive cough.  We had our two sons and DIL's and  one DIL's parents over on Thanksgiving.  One son, both DIL's and myself caught it from DH.  DIL's father ended up with RSV but not from us.  Just so much going around.  We never sweat boarding with a cold, not to mention how many have seasonal allergies.  The nasal congestion question can apply to so many things that aren't contagious.

• Like 1