Royal Carribean - Shame on You, you need the cash obviously

7 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

That is clearly NOT what they said.

16 hours ago, Rodent Pest Cotrol said:

By which time we realised our mistake and cancelled the transaction some 2 minutes later, by which time RCCL had taken the authorisation and then 2 days later the physical cash

Perhaps not literally, but 2 minutes strikes me as within a reasonable "right away" period.

16 hours ago, Rodent Pest Cotrol said:

So before the keyboard warriors attack me, please read the facts

Didn't take long, did it? 😃

• Like 1

For starters, I don’t think RCI should take so long to process a refund. Having said that, the OP should accept responsibility that his mistakes caused this problem. First, you should always use a credit card, not a debit card, when making any purchase online for the added protection a credit card provides. Second, I don’t think the RCI website (specifically cruise planner) could be an easier when it comes to applying OBC for purchases. 

9 hours ago, broberts said:

Perhaps not literally, but 2 minutes strikes me as within a reasonable "right away" period.

Didn't take long, did it? 😃

I think what is being referred to is that the OP did not blame RCI for their mistake. In fact the post clearly took accountability for that mistake. They are blaming RCI for the ridiculous amount of time it takes to get a refund.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

It appears that the problem day in Nov 18. All others have processed normally. It was just that first day of the big sale where everything went pear shaped. I have cancelled and received refunds on a couple of items since.  Still waiting on a Nov 18th cancellation.

And the 19th. 😞 I'm still waiting on one from then. My last call to them yesterday said 3-5 more days. 

I did cancel and rebook something for a better price yesterday, and I'll be curious if I get that refund sooner than the one from three weeks ago. Something was definitely very wrong the weekend before US Thanksgiving. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I think what is being referred to is that the OP did not blame RCI for their mistake. In fact the post clearly took accountability for that mistake. They are blaming RCI for the ridiculous amount of time it takes to get a refund.

If the OP was really taking responsibility, the OP only needed to tell us they were still waiting after x days for a cruise planner refund, and despite an email saying 14 business days, they were now told 30 business days.  There was no need for a long diatribe.  The OP shifted blame to the “silly website”  rather than taking responsibility for messing up the order themselves.  The OP also tried to shift blame by claiming they canceled in two minutes, which is immaterial; they canceled after completing a transaction which necessitated a refund.  They had to think before hitting the purchase button, not after.  Referring to customer service as the Guatemalan call center is “another poor showing” by the OP.   The OP made a poor choice using a debit card.   Act in haste, repent at leisure.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

If the OP was really taking responsibility, the OP only needed to tell us they were still waiting after x days for a cruise planner refund, and despite an email saying 14 business days, they were now told 30 business days.  There was no need for a long diatribe.  The OP shifted blame to the “silly website”  rather than taking responsibility for messing up the order themselves.  The OP also tried to shift blame by claiming they canceled in two minutes, which is immaterial; they canceled after completing a transaction which necessitated a refund.  They had to think before hitting the purchase button, not after.  Referring to customer service as the Guatemalan call center is “another poor showing” by the OP.   The OP made a poor choice using a debit card.   Act in haste, repent at leisure.

Yeah, I read it with different eyes. I guess others are a bit jaded, and want to jump on people to defend the poor little cruise line, or read into every single word instead of taking them at face value. 

The subject line of the thread, and the last sentence still support what their complaint actually is - RCI is taking way too long with refunds. Which is RCI's fault. 

LOL @ diatribe... that is a bit dramatic. 

• Like 4

Most of my refunds came within two weeks or less of canceling items and cruises.  I have not had one take more than that yet…they do take longer than most normal settlements, though…there is no good reason for that since it should be an automated process once they cancel your cruise or purchase.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bluemymind said:

You might want to search on "why not to ever use a debit card" for anything ever, never ever. Your money is not protected by using debit cards where as your credit card will protect you from yourself and others. 

That's not true:

http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid%3AUSC-prelim-title15-chapter41-subchapter6&edition=prelim

• I'm having a similar problem waiting over 30 days for a refund from a website error.  Booked two cabins for a 3 night using FCCs I had from the global suspension.   The online booking website seemed to have accepted the FCC and credit card was asked for the what I thought would be the port charges. It wasn't and the full amount of the cabins was charged.  Well here we are 30 days later, hours and hours on hold listening to that recording, speaking to at least a dozen people and I've only received the credit back to my AMEX for one cabin,   I'm actually on hold again checking on the other credit as i write this!!!    It is true though with AMEX I was able to delay paying the charge after explaining the situation but the amount of time I've wasted is really unexcusable....  
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, island lady said:

At least I only have this one addiction to a single silly website.  😄   Though just lurking would be too boring for me.  😉 

You could do it,  start right now and don't post for 14 days. Just take tiny baby steps.

1 minute ago, Starry Eyes said:

Are you going to lead by example, Jimbo?  No posts until 14 days after you book a cruise?

You wouldn't want me to be an example would you? I get in to much trouble to be a example for anyone? 🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

But it's safer to lurk considering the way so many pounce... no matter the question or problem. 

Yeah, kind of like watching those "reality" shows?   If everyone was tame, polite, and never got upset on those shows...how many would watch?  😉 😄 

• Haha 1

On 12/9/2022 at 2:27 PM, Tree_skier said:

It appears that the problem day in Nov 18. All others have processed normally. It was just that first day of the big sale where everything went pear shaped. I have cancelled and received refunds on a couple of items since.  Still waiting on a Nov 18th cancellation.

I received my Amex refund yesterday from some November 18 cancellations. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

But it's safer to lurk considering the way so many pounce... no matter the question or problem. 

But some posters do not ask advice for a problem or pose a question.  They just make a statement in a thread, sometimes giving it a provocative title.  It elicits responses.  While you label it pouncing, I think it is exactly what the OP expected and intended.   If they’d asked for advice on this thread, they likely would have received advice.  Had they posed a question, people likely would have tried to answer.

• Like 1