All Access tour

conniehar

Feedback on the All Access tour?  We will be on the Symphony of the Seas in February.  A buddy of ours took the tour on a Princess cruise and said they got all sorts of gifts from each area they visited.   Wondering if this tour is similar. I assume you sign up when you board the ship as I don't see it offered in our trip planner on the app. Thanks!

Some friends did it on Wonder during our Thanksgiving cruise.  No SWAG, but they did find it very interesting.  I wish we had done it but it was all sold out.  We had it RSVP on the Navigator in July, but at the last minute they canceled it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, conniehar said:

I assume you sign up when you board the ship as I don't see it offered in our trip planner on the app.

Keep checking the planner - if never offered there, it may not be on the ship either.

Edited by Biker19

I saw it on our sailing on the symphony for christmas and wanted to do it but that $158 a person price I thought was a bit much, so we decided to save money for more drinking 🙂  by the way that price did not include brunch, wine, or swag. It was just the guided tour around the ship, seeing how things are done and then a few mins on the bridge.

Edited by nolegirl01
  • Like 1

I have done the all access tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. I know it was pre-covid, so we got to see a lot. I especially enjoyed seeing the crew area and the storage rooms, freezers, and coolers. Also loved seeing the galley, especially the bakery area. It is just mind boggling! I'm pretty sure we did it on Allure.

Engineering, Bridge and entertainment areas were also fascinating.

Barb

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, conniehar said:

Feedback on the All Access tour?  We will be on the Symphony of the Seas in February.  A buddy of ours took the tour on a Princess cruise and said they got all sorts of gifts from each area they visited.   Wondering if this tour is similar. I assume you sign up when you board the ship as I don't see it offered in our trip planner on the app. Thanks!

Go to shore excursion desk on first day.

I did Oasis on Oct and Ovation in 2019.

Both were great and only difference was on Ovation we got to see the recycle burn area and Oasis we saw a lot of behind scenes of theatre and all the Cats costumes.

may not get gifts but get to ask a lots of questions in any area. Officers on bridge are friendly as well as kitchen staff.

They explain the various colored clips on neck scarves for chefs and their ranking.

We did it on the Anthem a few years ago. It was $99 a person but we thought it would be super cool on that ship. It was just “eh”. Once you’ve see a huge galley and laundry room on one ship, they all look a like.  They did give us a mimosa and a chocolate chip cookie though.

We’re sailing the Symphony next month and will also put the $158 toward drinking 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crooooze said:

We did it on the Anthem a few years ago. It was $99 a person but we thought it would be super cool on that ship. It was just “eh”. Once you’ve see a huge galley and laundry room on one ship, they all look a like.  They did give us a mimosa and a chocolate chip cookie though.

We’re sailing the Symphony next month and will also put the $158 toward drinking 🙂

It sounds kind of cool to do once, but even $99 for a tour around the ship sounds ridiculously overpriced.

Things have changed over the years, but I took an "all access tour' on the Island Princes back in 2012. I know a different cruise line. Anyway, I think it was $149 and was about two hours long. We did engineering, laundry, main kitchen, maintenance and the bridge. We had pictures taken with the captain and they pointed out a pod of dolphins that were alongside us.

At the end of the day when we got back to our cabin there was some neat stuff left on the bed. A very plush bathrobe (my wife loved), a chef's jacket, a letter showing I had taken the tour and a couple of pictures that were taken on the bridge with the captain. The problem was trying to pack the bathrobe and jacket in our already full luggage and keep it under weight limits.

I haven't taken one since but might do it again on a future cruise.

30 minutes ago, Jingerwoppy said:

Just on the Allure and I believe it was $200 per person.

thats crazy expensive. do you get anything for that price like pictures or swag? without anything extra like that it seems like it is not worth it

We did this on Symphony in Summer 2018, and it was $119 pp. At that price, I think it's worth it to do once. Especially on an Oasis class ship or a newer ship (not just size-wise, but also technology). The only "swag" we got was the "All Access" pass, which doubles as a luggage tag and fairly nice All-Access lanyard. There was some food/drink in the dining room after the kitchen portion, but I don't recall the specifics.

In December 2019, we did Symphony again, and it was again $119, and we sent my In-Laws on it. We did not so it again.

With inflation, I could see $129, maybe $139 (pushing it) but at $159 or $200, I really can't say that it would be worth it at those prices.

Did the All-Access our on Voyager back in October.  it was interesting, but not worth $99pp (maybe $50pp).  No gifts or anything, just the tour.  It was interesting and I learned a lot.  Years ago I did a galley tour and I thought that was better (it included a good meal), but I don't think that tour has returned since COVID.