Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

3 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

Premium Deluxe Balcony is not listed with higher pricing.  To be clear, there are minor variations in pricing based on location, NOT based on benefits. I can tell you flat out that none of the D category cabins are meant to have Signature Suite benefits…because they are not suites.  There is something weird going on with the D0 (aft Premium Deluxe Balcony) cabin descriptions when you go to book that category through the app on your phone.  If you try to book it on your laptop, it says nothing about Signature.  If you look at the room description on your laptop or your phone (i.e., click on a D0 cabin on the deck plan when you are not trying to make a booking), it says nothing about Signature.  When you look at the descriptions for Premium Deluxe Balcony (D0, D1, D2) on your laptop or phone, it is clear that there are no Signature benefits.  My guess is that those D0 aft cabins, which are adjacent to S9 Signature Suites, were originally going to be S9 cabins but wound up being D0 because design changes during construction resulted in the square footage for the D0 cabins being less than that of the adjacent S9 cabins…but the D0 descriptions never got fully updated in the mobile version of the website.  That’s just my guess, of course.  Regardless, I do not believe D0 cabins were never meant to have Signature Suite benefits.  It just would not make sense for them to have such benefits considering that NOT A SINGLE OTHER NON-SUITE CABIN ON THE ENTIRE SHIP has those benefits. What about all the mini-suites?  Are you telling me that not a single mini-suite has Signature benefits, but somehow a subset of balcony rooms (a lower cabin class than mini-suite) somehow has Signature Suite benefits? Boy, if this is true, all those people who paid more for mini-suites and didn’t get Signature Suite benefits sure would feel like chumps right now, right?

Yes, it is listed as two different prices. 
IMG_6720.thumb.png.8705b5d06147c045c2516dd8ea7231a5.png

• Thanks 1

The screenshots above do show that SIGNATURE BENEFITS are right there, when one selects the SECOND category listing for Premium Deluxe Balcony.

"... includes sofa bed.  Enjoy SIGNATURE UPGRADES AND BENEFITS."

Yes. Deluxe balconies, as any other cabin category, have different pricing based on location etc...  There is only ONE choice to select for Deluxe Balcony   (Then you select which section, forward to aft)

PREMIUM DELUXE BALCONIES have TWO choices... 

What I am looking at, the second, higher priced, ones are those located AFT. (which is usually less than mid-ship...  but these are considerably higher).   When one chooses one of these Premium Deluxe Balconies located AFT...  it does actually show SIGNATURE.

Why it looks like this, with Princess crazy IT department.... who knows.

But, there are TWO different category choices..  And one does cost more and does specifically say SIGNATURE.

I am not looking at the new APP,  as we know it has had some issues....

I am going straight off the Princess web-site on computer.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Something is really screwy.  I can't replicate your findings on the my laptop using a January 2025 cruise.

STATEROOM TYPE

Cove Balcony

Cove Balcony from $829

This stateroom offers a floor-to-ceiling window and sheltered cove balcony. Enjoy your own private outdoor space with a table, two chairs, and a relaxing view of the inspiring scenery surrounding you, whether a beautiful sunset over the ocean or a new city to explore.

Deluxe Balcony

Deluxe Balcony

- Upgrade from $6 per day

This impressive stateroom offers the added indulgence of a private balcony with well-appointed outdoor furniture, and a relaxing view of the inspiring scenery surrounding you, whether a beautiful sunset over the ocean or a new city to explore.

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Premium Deluxe Balcony

- Upgrade from $28 per day

Choose this premium option of a Deluxe Balcony stateroom with a larger balcony to take in the spectacular views.

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Premium Deluxe Balcony

- Upgrade from $45 per day

Choose this premium option of a Deluxe Balcony stateroom with a larger balcony to take in the spectacular views.

WHEN CHOOSING THE LATTER AND CABIN 15603 (GIVEN AS AN EARLIER EXAMPLE)

image.png.3352fc37afb417c57b480dad8d4430f8.png
image.png.dccaae522b441d30c9d78de0b4005a4d.png
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

No...  do not go by that assumption and be confused.

Yes. Deluxe balconies, as any category, have different pricing based on location etc...  There is only ONE choice to select for Deluxe Balcony   (Then you select which section, forward to aft)

What I am looking at, the second, higher priced, ones are those located AFT. (which is usually less than mid-ship...  but these are considerably higher).   When one chooses one of these Premium Deluxe Balconies located AFT...  it does actually show SIGNATURE.

But, there are TWO different category choices..  And one does cost more and does specifically say SIGNATURE.

I don’t debate that one cabin category says “signature benefits” when you click it in the mobile version of the website.  My point is that (a) the description on the mobile booking version of the website is not consistent with any of the other descriptions for that cabin type, (b) the differences in pricing are typical based on location differences, not benefit differences, and (c) it is not logical that there are balcony categories that have Signature benefits but no mini-suite categories that offer them.  My brother-in-law recently upgraded from an aft (MD) mini-suite to an aft (S9) Signature Suite.  It cost about $1400 for a one-week cruise (for 2 people).  The only difference between these rooms is that the S9 has Signature Suite benefits.  Both rooms literally had the same layout, location (aft), and square footage (304 sq ft).  That is a $100pp per day upgrade, just for the Signature Suite benefits.  Do you honestly think paying an extra $19pp per day for a Premium Deluxe Balcony would (or should) give you the same benefits?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Something is really screwy.  I can't replicate your findings on the my laptop using a January 2025 cruise.

STATEROOM TYPE

Cove Balcony

Cove Balcony from $829

This stateroom offers a floor-to-ceiling window and sheltered cove balcony. Enjoy your own private outdoor space with a table, two chairs, and a relaxing view of the inspiring scenery surrounding you, whether a beautiful sunset over the ocean or a new city to explore.

Deluxe Balcony

Deluxe Balcony

- Upgrade from $6 per day

This impressive stateroom offers the added indulgence of a private balcony with well-appointed outdoor furniture, and a relaxing view of the inspiring scenery surrounding you, whether a beautiful sunset over the ocean or a new city to explore.

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Premium Deluxe Balcony

- Upgrade from $28 per day

Premium Deluxe Balcony

Premium Deluxe Balcony

- Upgrade from $45 per day

WHEN CHOOSING THE LATTER AND CABIN 15603 (GIVEN AS AN EARLIER EXAMPLE)

image.png.3352fc37afb417c57b480dad8d4430f8.png
image.png.dccaae522b441d30c9d78de0b4005a4d.png

Exactly. I know people want to believe that a Premium Deluxe Balcony comes with Signature Suite benefits, but it just isn’t so.  There’s a glitch in the mobile app.  It just doesn’t make sense that these cabins would offer those benefits at those prices.

Edited by CatMom72
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

The screenshots above do show that SIGNATURE BENEFITS are right there, when one selects the SECOND category listing for Premium Deluxe Balcony.

Yes. Deluxe balconies, as any other cabin category, have different pricing based on location etc...  There is only ONE choice to select for Deluxe Balcony   (Then you select which section, forward to aft)

Yes, my point is that it is INCORRECT.  Those rooms do not come with those benefits.  It is a glitch in the mobile app.  You might get lucky and get those if you book the room, but I wouldn’t count on it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

image.thumb.png.80faf6d6788b98dccaa8c5e2a6495164.pngimage.thumb.png.71c2553d7d23edee7cc170b7bcbef894.png

Edited by CatMom72

On 2/23/2024 at 8:35 PM, dog said:

I am on Regal now and asked Future Cruise guy about the D0- aft premium deluxe balconies that say includes signature benefits & upgrades. These are the more expensive in that category- aft. He said yes to eating in Signature restaurant & to sun deck. No to signature lounge. He wasn’t very informed about much. Wait & see.

I posted this while I was on a ship.

We will have to wait and see what is being offered.

I know we do not want incorrect information or speculation on this forum.

Anyone with the D0- aft category should find out soon. Let’s be patient.

By the way- it does not say Signature Suite benefits like Cat keeps mentioning. 
DONE here.

Edited by dog
Done, overkill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CatMom72 said:

image.thumb.png.80faf6d6788b98dccaa8c5e2a6495164.pngimage.thumb.png.71c2553d7d23edee7cc170b7bcbef894.png

For one week, the price difference between these two rooms, which are next door to each other, is $2160 ($1080pp).  Clearly, the price difference is not about location.  It's not about the room being so much bigger either.  I don't care how rich you are...no one is paying almost $2200 a week just to have an extra 70 sq ft; it would be the most epic waste of money ever.  So what's the difference? One (S9) clearly claims Signature Suite benefits.  The other (D0) doesn't.  The large price difference is based on the Signature Suite benefits.

Edited by CatMom72

Perhaps the Signature benefits have been added to make the rooms more attractive once the reviews start coming out that there’s no privacy on the balcony? Thankfully I knew all about these issues (and the Cabana deck ones) from watching YouTube videos on P&O’s similar ships.

Here’s hoping a new thread is started on Wednesday for those on the first sailing.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, shutterbug63 said:

I agree - I would never book this balcony. I mean it's huge, but zero privacy and that's not for me.  I feel like there's a lot of other choices that have more privacy.

Exactly; it’s big and the loungers look fantastic, but I’d much rather book a cove balcony than be on display like that

D0 Premium Deluxe Balcony:  I have been reading the posts here about the D0 Premium Deluxe Balcony with great interest.  In January I noticed the statement "Enjoy Signature Upgrades and Benefits" on the D0 when clicking on the deck plan, as many here have stated. (In addition, one website calls them "Signature Balcony.") I asked my Princess agent about it; he responded that his boss said no and that the boss said he would report to the Princess web team and have them look into the wording on the description of those cabins. Like someone posted earlier, this back AFT section is full of Signature Suites so this lonely balcony room may have been caught up in the Signature labeling.  As of today that Signature wording still shows up when clicking on the D0 cabins on the deck plans.  I went ahead and booked a D0 (December 2024 cruise) starboard because I wanted the "bump-out" balcony facing forward and booked my brother in the DD cabin next to mine.  (If I had been told the D0 was Signature benefits, I would have booked him in the D0 on the port side of the deck.  But since I was told no Signature benefits on D0, I figured it was better to be side-by-side.) With Elite status, I was able to book my dining reservations earlier this week. Lo and behold, it came up as Signature Dining and a free Specialty Dining, both Signature Benefits.  I am not holding my breath -- that could all disappear in the wink of an eye if it is a glitch.  However, if it holds true, not sure what happens to my brother for dining! 

Signature Suites:  The Signature Suites seem to be the same size as Mini-Suites (looking at Deck 14 measurements in the AFT section with Mini-Suites and Signature Suites together in a row). Signature Suites are more expensive, and rightfully so with the Signature Benefits. So it appears that Signature Suites are Mini Suites with the extra Signature Benefits.  But until passengers report back, everything is speculation.

Privacy on the D0 balconies:  I had Mini-Suites with "angular" balconies on Sky Princess and Regal Princess.  When I went all the way out to the side rail, I could indeed see the balconies of the "bump-in" cabins, so anyone standing at their railings could also see me.  However, I could back closer to the cabin if I did not want to be seen. I did not see all that many people hanging out at the railings anyway.  So I'll see how this works with the D0 balcony.  My brother and I hope to have the little "divider door" opened between our balconies so we can enjoy more flexible balcony space.

I believe most of us are looking forward to seeing photos and reading reports! Not long now . . 

Edited by valdean
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Perhaps the Signature benefits have been added to make the rooms more attractive once the reviews start coming out that there’s no privacy on the balcony? Thankfully I knew all about these issues (and the Cabana deck ones) from watching YouTube videos on P&O’s similar ships.

Here’s hoping a new thread is started on Wednesday for those on the first sailing.

We’ve been on P&O Iona, one of their ships that has Conservatory cabins which are very similar to the Cabana cabins on Sun. Total lack of privacy, anyone on deck can see right through into the cabins. We almost booked one and were so glad we didn’t.

Edited by CaroleC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Can we please stop?  We don’t know for sure whether it’s a computer glitch or the real thing. People start arriving in 2 short days and can confirm either way. 

Sitting right now in the train to Civitavechia from Milano. I have booked cabin 17604. I will report back.  Plus pictures of course. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 12

9 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks for that reel !!!!

Yes, it shows exactly why I booked a Deluxe Balcony on the bump-out section, and not an in-set section of the ship,  (even those balconies are smaller) 

We booked a DB room on the bump-out section too near the front on deck 15. So pleased with the choice. I would never book a room in any "waisted" part of a ship. The view would be obscured by the bump outs and risk being overlooked too (as that instagram reel clearly shows).

Edited by Esprit

10 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

The view looks pretty great, but I agree the privacy is not there.  Does your cabi number end in 321?  If so, it probably is one of these…

No it ends in 246

9 hours ago, CatMom72 said:

Exactly. I know people want to believe that a Premium Deluxe Balcony comes with Signature Suite benefits, but it just isn’t so.  There’s a glitch in the mobile app.  It just doesn’t make sense that these cabins would offer those benefits at those prices.

FWIW - We have an S9 booked and when I clicked on description it showed either the description or the picture  for a Deluxe Cabana cabin. (It was a while ago and I know it's wrong so haven't rechecked in a while) .I commented on that much earlier in this thread.

I'm only saying this to highlight that, yes, there are still some wonky things in the cabin designations of the Sun.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lgar88 said:

No it ends in 246

It’s a category D2.. I am afraid we made a mistake now and also it looks like our sailing is sold out. I don’t want to upgrade to the cabana because it looks like a shared deck where anyone can access your balcony. Also don’t want to upgrade to a suite because we want the same dining options as our travel companions. Argh! If that’s the worst part of my problems…I guess I’m doing O.K. 🙂

• Like 3

All this to and fro on the D0 with Signature dining and benefits - it does read to me that those cabins are not getting the full Signature package (whatever all that entails).  It surprises me a little that no one involved has reported speaking directly with a CVP about them (or at least that I noticed).  So, it also would surprise me if the inside sales reps (the US-based experienced ones I mean) are not fully informed about the cabins being offered - especially the premium ones that would be the ones to try and sell.  

Now that sailing is so close, it should get resolved.  I can see how either programming for information to fit a cell phone screen versus a PC screen could have variances with sloppy programming.  IDK if there is a cache issue involved as well.  I was all in the camp that this appears to be a PCL issue as not the first time there have been marketing errors in the booking process.  Not so sure now.

Will be interesting to see how it shakes out as live reports come in.  But you would think SOMEONE at Princess will have the definitive knowledge about what the situation is SUPPOSED to be.  Surely Carmen Roig (VP Sales) or one of her direct reports would know.  Any TA's encountered this potential anomaly and inquired?

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1