Sun Princess - Original

nasa1974

7 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

Please post photos and your own commentary on the ship then.

Thanks.

We are here to find important information”

Why are you asking someone who clearly stated they are here to find information to instead dispense it?

• Thanks 1

***Subject change***

for those on board, how are the Princess excursions going?  Are any of the organizational hiccups affecting those or have they been running smoothly?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Princess notice should have read $60 per day. 

The fact that Princess is giving passengers 120.00 per 2 passengers for a 10 day cruise is ridiculous.  $6.00 per day per passenger for no Arena, no Dome, no major shows, no Love by Britto, no Spellbound, etc is an absolute joke.  Besides if you've prepaid your excursions and have the Plus or Premier package, what are you going to spend the 120 on?  Won't cover much at the over priced spa, so you're stuck with spending it at the gift shop on something you probably didn't really want.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The fact that Princess is giving passengers 120.00 per 2 passengers for a 10 day cruise is ridiculous.  $6.00 per day per passenger for no Arena, no Dome, no major shows, no Love by Britto, no Spellbound, etc is an absolute joke.  Besides if you've prepaid your excursions and have the Plus or Premier package, what are you going to spend the 120 on?  Won't cover much at the over priced spa, so you're stuck with spending it at the gift shop on something you probably didn't really want.

Adequacy aside, I believe I read someone corrected that to $60/day - not total for the voyage.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Adequacy aside, I believe I read someone corrected that yo $60/day - not total for the voyage.

6 hours ago,  Joe Gib said: 

As a very seasoned cruiser, he’s pointing out (while now onboard) that this boat is in a state of incompletion that should have it still at the shipyard. For me, the amazing part is that John Padgett, who is on board, is not willing to speak to this guy about the two cancellations, and current state of the ship. Notably, guests were offered $60 for the fact that the touted shows and restaurants are not happening. 

Princess notice should have read $60 per day. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Maybe it’s refundable OBC?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

From March 9th roll call -

Sun Princess- ENHANCED FREE CRUISE OFFER, Act fast!
Princess is extending a special free cruise offer to those booked on the March 9th Sun Princess voyage. Sail on an alternate Mediterranean voyage up to 14 days and receive 100% of your cruise fare back as refundable onboard credit and a stateroom upgrade (based on availability).

1. Onboard credit is refundable, unspent amounts will be sent home post cruise. 2. EZ air is fully protected. You will be reimbursed up to$500 per person . for private travel expenses. 3. Guests keep all current pricing, amenities, packages, and credits. 4. Guests have 2 years to rebook. Offer is only available by emailing.... Offer is first come first serve. Space is limited. Note: This voyage is not canceled, and this is a voluntary offer. We will respond within 48 hours.

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think Princess weighed the options. It was either delay the ship for yet another sailing (or several) and have to refund a whole slew of passengers after they already did that twice before, losing a ton of revenue and creating a lot of ill will with passengers and bad press for the delay. Or they just launch the ship as is with unfinished areas and issues that are all temporary, give some small credits out and deal with some disgruntled passengers onboard some of whom might complain on social media. I can see why they chose the latter from a business perspective. Doesn’t make it a great time for the passengers onboard and I feel for them but Princess had to make a business decision they felt was best. And some of the issues experienced onboard like the flooding were totally unexpected and just bad luck on top of the unfinished venues. 

I imagine that if all these issues stem from shipyard-related delays that Princess should be able to recoup money from them or have a potential lawsuit on their hands against the shipyard.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Is it possible to swap out the brussel sprouts for an espresso martini?

I can’t wait until our cruise this summer on the Sun Princess so that I can have my Milky Way Martini. 

• Like 4

Just now, DHP1 said:

I can’t wait until our cruise this summer on the Sun Princess so that I can have my Milky Way Martini. 

Ask for the recipe and you can make it at home between voyages.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Can everybody just take a breath?

Y'all are fighting and snarling at each other like little wolves, and it's becoming increasingly harsh! Ask @c-boy, there have literally been days where I've had to stop reading due to anxiety from members having a go at each other. Let's remember that we all (I think) share a common love of cruising, that should bind us, rather than trying to tear each other down, or get the best insults. Peace , love and brussels sprouts my friends!

I'll take a deep breath along with a side order of Brussel sprouts and a martini or glass of red wine! @jwattle LOL

And perhaps we can all get back to talking about the love of cruising and the good and bad of Princess.  Certainly the roll out of the Sun has not been their finest moment that's for sure.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Just now, CruizinSusan70 said:

I will infer that this is available at Crooners?  What's in it?

Correct.  And they have Crooners on board the Sun. Not sure what’s in it however, sure goes down go. If you have any issues with the ship they apparently disappear after the first drink.  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Correct.  And they have Crooners on board the Sun. Not sure what’s in it however, sure goes down go. If you have any issues with the ship they apparently disappear after the first drink.  Lol

On our previous 28 days on the Discovery and Majestic we never made it to Crooners since we loved Good Spirits at Sea so much, especially their 530-1130 menu from around the world. We'll be on the Sun for 14 days over Halloween and we'll expand our drinking locations to include Crooners.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Joe Gib said:

Treatment of customers would seem to be important information. Letting potential cruisers know to avoid the first cruises is also something the seasoned should be happy to pass along. Perhaps a thread of “shiny happy comments” should be started. 

CaptainKirk didn't include "treatment of customers" on the list of things he didn't want to talk about.  He said he didn't want to talk about YouTubers and stock prices. I agree.  

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Er... Sun Crooners menu:

May be an image of drink, ticket stub and text that says 'CROONERS Orange Cranberry, iqueur, Pineapple BEYOND Blackberry Gin,o The Lux Classic TanQueray Vermouth Orange Chambord, Raspberry, Creme Coco COGNAC Creme Irish Board Frangelico 26 Cointreau, Orange Bitters WHISKEY SCOTCH Vermouth, Grapefruit Bitters Gin, Cointreau, White Chamomile Macallan Macallan Oscuro Demerara Syrup Grand MEZCAL Bristol, Coffee Tincture Brooklyn Nights Bitters, Pernod Tequila Sweet Vermouth, Orange Bitters Cristalino Tequila Cold Brew, Guinness lrish Tails Absolut Amarula Coffee Sailing Through the Orchids Goose Vodka, Elderflower, Empress Gin, Cointreau Lemon, Yuzu Bitters GIN Monkey Hendricks, Creme Whispers Violette, Lemon, Cucumber RUM Brugal 1888 Bacardi The Rose Absolut Elyx, Lemon, Strawberry Honey, Angostura companies.'

Edited by dides
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dides said:

Er... Sun Crooners menu:

May be an image of drink, ticket stub and text that says 'CROONERS Orange Cranberry, iqueur, Pineapple BEYOND Blackberry Gin,o The Lux Classic TanQueray Vermouth Orange Chambord, Raspberry, Creme Coco COGNAC Creme Irish Board Frangelico 26 Cointreau, Orange Bitters WHISKEY SCOTCH Vermouth, Grapefruit Bitters Gin, Cointreau, White Chamomile Macallan Macallan Oscuro Demerara Syrup Grand MEZCAL Bristol, Coffee Tincture Brooklyn Nights Bitters, Pernod Tequila Sweet Vermouth, Orange Bitters Cristalino Tequila Cold Brew, Guinness lrish Tails Absolut Amarula Coffee Sailing Through the Orchids Goose Vodka, Elderflower, Empress Gin, Cointreau Lemon, Yuzu Bitters GIN Monkey Hendricks, Creme Whispers Violette, Lemon, Cucumber RUM Brugal 1888 Bacardi The Rose Absolut Elyx, Lemon, Strawberry Honey, Angostura companies.'

Thanks. And my drink package include drinks up to $15.  Prices have sure gone up since last year. I can see myself getting that dare bill again at the end of the cruise.

Edited by DHP1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, chamima said:

No Espresso Martini ????

😢😢😢

And no Milky Way Martini.  Not a problem. I run into this situation before and the bartender makes me one. Im sure they’ll have Espresso Martini. It’s just not listed. That’s one thing about Princess I truly enjoy is the staff especially the bartenders. Everyone goes out their way to please a customer. Looking forward to our cruise on Sun Princess this summer. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, dides said:

Er... Sun Crooners menu:

They changed the recipe for my Sailing Through the Orchids. In January on the Discovery it was made with spiced pear liquor.  And they added $4 to the price. 

• Like 1