What happened to regent

gary705

We are on the splendor, Miami to LA

its the second day and they are ‘out’ of my wife’s favorite brand of vodka, and the coffee place is out of flavors, small things but this is regent 

THEY restocked in Miami on Tuesday , maybe the check didn’t clear….

last night in the restaurant it took 28 minutes , yes I timed it, to get a waiter to order drinks, every restaurant is VERY UNDER STAFFED, 

I second Gary, on our first night  in compass rose, we got one salad, one appetizer and one entree. It took  two and a half hours! It was a bit disappointing, because people on other tables got their meals so much faster. It felt a bit like candid camera. Another thing was, that we had to request for this wonderful etagere with the pralines. The coffee didn’t show up at all.

but Sette Marie was a breeze. Super service, delicious food.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

How about you ask to speak to the F&B Manager Stephane or the GM Franck before posting to Social Media so that you can represent their take on the situation as well?

That’s fine, and they should,  but this board is called Cruise “Critic” for a reason. I welcome hearing the good with the bad, specially since I’m going on the Splendor in a few weeks. Hope they don’t run out of Fever Tree !

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruiseluv said:

That’s fine, and they should,  but this board is called Cruise “Critic” for a reason. I welcome hearing the good with the bad, specially since I’m going on the Splendor in a few weeks. Hope they don’t run out of Fever Tree !

Me too - that's all I was asking for....the good with the bad...not just the bad.

1 hour ago, mrstanley said:

We r were on the Splendor from Rome to Miami. They ran out of Saki in Pacific Rim.

On our last Splendor cruise in March, they had zero Saki in PR the entire time. We are on a TA this coming March on Splendor and have to say….if things have not improved, it may very well be our last cruise with Regent. 

I will provide our anecdotal experiences also.

Table for two; three courses; out of Compass Rose in 45 minute.

Two courses in Prime 7 and out in 45 minutes; three courses in Prime 7 and out in under an hour.

Out of Johnnie Walker Black in Splendor Lounge two nights ago but Andrei tracked down a bottle in Prime 7.  Yesterday all the bars restocked.  One passenger really likes Hendricks Gin and Andrei showed that he had one hidden for her.  

Yes, supply issues persist (e.g., no king crab legs in Prime 7) and turnover day is notoriously bad (out of a lot of beers in pool bar) but Regent sure tries to make the onboard experience wonderful.

Marc

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I will provide our anecdotal experiences also.

Table for two; three courses; out of Compass Rose in 45 minute.

Two courses in Prime 7 and out in 45 minutes; three courses in Prime 7 and out in under an hour.

Out of Johnnie Walker Black in Splendor Lounge two nights ago but Andrei tracked down a bottle in Prime 7.  Yesterday all the bars restocked.  One passenger really likes Hendricks Gin and Andrei showed that he had one hidden for her.  

Yes, supply issues persist (e.g., no king crab legs in Prime 7) and turnover day is notoriously bad (out of a lot of beers in pool bar) but Regent sure tries to make the onboard experience wonderful.

Marc

I couldn't agree more. No entity is perfect and you can learn a lot about them from how they deal with an issue. If someone has a criticism, I am not saying don't post it. But it will help us all a lot more if you post how Regent dealt with your criticism. I just got off the Splendor on Tuesday and had a wonderful trip and didn't experience anything like what you are describing...not saying it didn't happen, just that perhaps it is more isolated than it appears.

• Like 4

As for Compass Rose on the Splendor, if you read my report, and I tired to be fair, as we love Regent. We were on the ship for 17 days, got off Tues and only ate in the Compass Rose  one time for dinner. The service was really off and the food didn’t impress us. We also ate there for the famous Sunday Brunch and it was fancy looking but the food was just ok. We did enjoy all our meals in Chartreuse,  service, attention to detail and food were great. We ate there the most, but Sette Mari was also very good. Prime 7 was hard to get into, service good but food less so. I had Alaskan King Crab, but the wedge salad was just some odd pale green leaves. Where as Prime 7 on Navigator was packed last night and service was spotless. The wedge salad look like a wedge salad should look and was good.

Oh, I did report on the issues we had, no response except after three reports the hot water was turned on in our shower. We did get a little testy over that issue needless to say.

Edited by cwn
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Gpilon said:

On our last Splendor cruise in March, they had zero Saki in PR the entire time. We are on a TA this coming March on Splendor and have to say….if things have not improved, it may very well be our last cruise with Regent. 

Not sure that I would cancel a cruise simply on the basis of lack of Saki, but I suppose it depends on your taste

13 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

If the F&B managers didn’t see this themself’s - they just don’t care or they aren’t doing their jobs.  Pretty simple to me…………

A little harsh. 
The Managers need & welcome feedback

Fortunately we have not been affected by supply chain issues or poor service thus far on Splendor.

We did have a couple of problems on Mariner in October but they were quickly addressed by the F&B Manager

The real test for us will be a cruise in Asia in Feb/March as I am sure that the logistics of getting supply containers to the correct ports on time around the world is still a major challenge.

34 minutes ago, cwn said:

As for Compass Rose on the Splendor, if you read my report, and I tired to be fair, as we love Regent. We were on the ship for 17 days, got off Tues and only ate in the Compass Rose  one time for dinner. The service was really off and the food didn’t impress us. We also ate there for the famous Sunday Brunch and it was fancy looking but the food was just ok. We did enjoy all our meals in Chartreuse,  service, attention to detail and food were great. We ate there the most, but Sette Mari was also very good. Prime 7 was hard to get into, service good but food less so. I had Alaskan King Crab, but the wedge salad was just some odd pale green leaves. Where as Prime 7 on Navigator was packed last night and service was spotless. The wedge salad look like a wedge salad should look and was good.

Oh, I did report on the issues we had, no response except after three reports the hot water was turned on in our shower. We did get a little testy over that issue needless to say.

I was on at the same time and found everything to be excellent with the exception of the pool bar waitstaff being overwhelmed on some days. I spoke to the F&B Manager about it and it was better the next day and remained better. Not worth reporting.

• Like 1

Are these supply issues due to shortages or running the ships with less inventory to optimize cash flow?

Also, the Regent cruises I've looked at in 2023 & 2024 have significant price increases.

We always make our own flight arrangements, in the past a concierge or lower suite (w/o air) usually ran ~$1500/day they are pressing 2k -$2500 on many 2023/24 cruises. (edited) 

Edited by RetiredandTravel

Am on the Navigator now and service throughout has been outstanding.  Last night at Prime 7 the daily catch was Corvino that was great as was the Dover Sole. In the Observation Lounge I couldn't get a French Chardonnay, but no problem in Prime 7 or the Navigator Lounge.

I don't like that the spa automatically adds a 20% service charge on their already high prices.  It is what it is though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

I was on at the same time and found everything to be excellent with the exception of the pool bar waitstaff being overwhelmed on some days. I spoke to the F&B Manager about it and it was better the next day and remained better. Not worth reporting.

IMHO - it really depends on whether your glass is half full or half empty.

• Like 5

On 12/22/2022 at 5:46 PM, rcandkc said:

Our last cruise they ran out of Diet Coke. 

This is unacceptable.  At what point in your cruise did this happen?  Was your cruise 100% booked (or close to that)?  I simply do not understand how a cruise ship runs out of a soda.

I will say that last month, my husband and I were on a repositioning cruise on an NCL ship.  It started out as a Mediterranean cruise, then crossed the Atlantic.  The entire cruise was a total of sixteen days.  About four days before we reached NY, we started to notice that some of the restaurants did not have Diet Pepsi.   Then, three days before we reached NY, we were told that the ship was completely out of Diet Pepsi.  This was a huge shock to us as my DH and I don't drink alcohol, and our soda of choice is diet cola.  This was a late season re-positioning cruise and it was less than 50% full.  So why the issue with the Diet Pepsi?  When we asked Guest Relations, we were given a sketchy answer: essentially, they took down our cabin number and assured us that there would be Diet Pepsi available for us for the rest of the cruise.  And there was.  Sometimes weak and unpalatable, but it was always served to us.  

My question is why are these cruise lines clearly choosing to take a chance and bring along less diet cola than they will need?  It is clearly a popular beverage, so why under-cater it?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Are these supply issues due to shortages or running the ships with less inventory to optimize cash flow?

Also, the Regent cruises I've looked at in 2023 & 2024 have significant price increases.

We always make our own flight arrangements, in the past a concierge or lower suite (w/o air) usually ran ~$1500/day they are pressing 2k -$2500 on many 2023/24 cruises. (edited) 

We were on Navigator in June-July and had dinner with the F & B manager.  Yes, they are having supply issues like everyone else.  As to "optimizing cash flow," sure, it's the nature of business.  But I would seriously doubt they'd purposefully skimp on something as cheap as Diet Coke.  

As to price increases,.... Regent increases prices every year.  As long as the ships book, and Regent tends to book exceptionally well, they'll continue to raise prices.  Also their costs have gone up considerably.  Crew is. harder to come by, food and alcohol costs have gone up, fuel has had major price increases, shore excursions have likely gone up and a number have not come back after the Covid shutdown, etc.  So plan for more increases.  

6 hours ago, ysolde said:

My question is why are these cruise lines clearly choosing to take a chance and bring along less diet cola than they will need?  It is clearly a popular beverage, so why under-cater it?

Without hijacking the threat, the cause of your problem has an easy answer - but no solution!

NCL was/is transitioning away from Pepsi and will now only sell Coke products. They are probably just letting it run out on all ships.

• Thanks 1