Celebrity Wonderverse

Kelownadon

OK the last response made me go back about 10 pages to find this topic has previously been addressed. Sounds like it is some very poorly constructed game built around the Celebrity Edge. Sounds like a waste of time and not worth signing up for. Thanks to previous responders. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

another it and marketing combo that is awful. I do not think they ever test anything before putting it out to their loyal customers. 

At least when the try things aboard ships they generally test on ships like the summit or other ship to test reactions and interests. One good that I saw tested on summit was silent disco. it was expanded to all ships in a year. 

• 2 months later...

go the same email. tried to log in, had to establish a new account. tried to do that several times. kept telling me the avatar name was already taken, no matter how strange a name I chose. I finally gave up.

I think Pennstatedj is absolutely correct. Nobody checks to see if an opportunity is really an opportunity!

The sweepstakes rules does say that the sweepstakes starts at 12PM ET, so maybe they'll open them up then?

3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on March 20, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on March 26, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period") and is comprised of seven (7) independent “Daily Entry Periods,” each beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET. Administrator’s servers are the official time-keeping devices for the Sweepstakes.

8 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

Another Celebrity "swing and a miss"!

IT is probably celebrating right now!

"Look! We've got 5 users logged in!!! We knocked it out of the park on this one!!"

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PKB said:

So this is why the cruise prices have increased so much????? to pay for this awful attempt at young demographic?  Sheesh...

Even though they keep talking about going after a younger demographic, I just watched a review from Ben & David who said that on their recent Celebrity cruise, that wasn't the case at all.  It was an older crowd and in fact, there were only a very few children on the entire ship.

Ben & David also felt uncomfortable on their Celebrity cruise as gay men, and I was pretty surprised by that.

But here's a dose of reality, imo.  Celebrity cruises are often expensive.  That young demographic they seem to cherish so much, can't afford it.  The folks with the bucks are generally those with a little or a lot of grey in their hair.  I manage money for a big Wall Street firm, and I can certainly see the general trends of the haves and have-nots.

In my experience, younger people have a lot less money than older people.  They are often saddled with debt from mortgages, student loans, credit cards, or otherwise.  They may have children and are focused on taking care of their family and their other financial responsibilities and spending a lot on an expensive cruise isn't often at the top of their priority list.  There will be plenty of time to do this later.

Older customers, on the other hand, may have saved a lot over the course of their lifetimes.  They probably don't have young children.  For some, like me, there is no mortgage to pay.  Other loans may be paid down or paid off.  They are at a point in their lives where things are slowing down and they want to spend discretionary money, that they actually have, to enjoy life's rich experiences...while they still can

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stockjock said:

Even though they keep talking about going after a younger demographic, just watched a review from Ben & David who said that wasn't the case at all and, in fact, there were only a very few children on the entire ship.

Ben & David also felt uncomfortable on their Celebrity cruise as gay men, and I was pretty surprised by that.

But here's a dose of reality, imo.  Celebrity cruises are often expensive.  That young demographic they seem to cherish so much, can't afford it.  The folks with the bucks are those with a little or a lot of grey in their hair.  I manage money for a big Wall Street firm, and I can certainly see the general trends of the haves and have-nots.

Sad that they felt uncomfortable. 

• Like 1

Guest CunucuMom
1 hour ago, stall509 said:

kept telling me the avatar name was already taken, no matter how strange a name I chose.

My avatar kept coming back as 'inappropriate" even though I chose the same one I use on CC.  🤣

19 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

19 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

I agree.  They seem like really nice guys.  I've messaged them a couple of times personally, they got back to me really quickly and they seemed cool and kind.  I would have thought that Celebrity's clientele would be a bit more progressive, at least in this context.

FWIW, I did sign up and it does seem to work, although I didn't have time to really explore it.

1. Do not use your normal Celebrity login info.  You must create a new account.

2. Even if you previously registered for WonderVerse, you must do it again.

3. You must click on the confirmation link and it was slow to be delivered to me.  For some, it may be in their spam folder.

I was able to log in and try it.  I spent about 2 minutes staring at the floor of the cartoon ship, and about 1 minute sitting in a cartoon chair.  Then I got kicked out and it says no servers available.   So is it a waste of time or not depends on your idea of fun.  I'll go with yes, waste of time on this one  😁

Edited by ehall
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1