Meet & Greet

mcrcruiser

It appeared to be a after thought from Celebrity and usually scheduled to conflict with something else because it had to.   There were  probably 100 max that would attend and they aren’t going to shut the ship down to  the rest of the passengers so those 100 or less wouldn’t miss out on something.  The few times we  did attend it was just a few officers telling us the same speech that you will hear many times about how happy they are to have you on board …..   Before the shutdown it was scheduled in the Craft Social.   We walked by and didn’t see  many attending.  

I doubt if they will sponsor it again.  

If  need to meet up with a group it is best to do it on your own. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 1

The connections party never seems like an afterthought to me. Celebrity set up refreshments, and usually several officers attended.  The number always depended on how many had signed up on Cruise Critic, and 100 attendees would be a typical group from my experience.

When the Start up began, Celebrity was trying to discourage groups from getting together. The connections party with just one example. They also discouraged the veterans get together, the service group get together, even the friends of Bill. Now that groups are once again allowed, the ships are shortstaffed and devoting a couple of staff members to setting up and cleaning up the connections party isn’t happening now. I think once the ships are back to full staffing, we will see the connections party return.

2 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

The connections party never seems like an afterthought to me. Celebrity set up refreshments, and usually several officers attended.  The number always depended on how many had signed up on Cruise Critic, and 100 attendees would be a typical group from my experience.

When the Start up began, Celebrity was trying to discourage groups from getting together. The connections party with just one example. They also discouraged the veterans get together, the service group get together, even the friends of Bill. Now that groups are once again allowed, the ships are shortstaffed and devoting a couple of staff members to setting up and cleaning up the connections party isn’t happening now. I think once the ships are back to full staffing, we will see the connections party return.

When I was on the Eclipse to Hawaii we had a sailaway, shot glass exchange,  bar crawl (did not attend) and slot pull.  56 attended the shot glass exchange. Lots of fun and great way to meet new people.  This was set up pre cruise on a separate group. 

40 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

When I was on the Eclipse to Hawaii we had a sailaway, shot glass exchange,  bar crawl (did not attend) and slot pull.  56 attended the shot glass exchange. Lots of fun and great way to meet new people.  This was set up pre cruise on a separate group. 

We much prefer the activities planned by members of the Roll Call than the Celebrity sponsored Meet & Greet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

We much prefer the activities planned by members of the Roll Call than the Celebrity sponsored Meet & Greet. 

The M and G has been well attended on TA's. We found it ideal when finalising other onboard activities and our last pre Covid TA we had 80 participants for the Slot Pull, 60+ for the Godiva Group ( chocolate sharing) numerous other activities and Monty the never to be forgotten invisible dog (even the Hotel Director joined in with Monty by providing dog biscuits). I believe Royal has restarted the M and G so hopefully X will soon follow.

4 hours ago, drakes2 said:

On my recent TA the roll call group organized one, though I did not attend.  Though the official one I'd not attend either, never understood the desire to meet the captain or any other officers nor the cruise director

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I agree.  Hopefully Celebrity will restart the Connection gatherings soon.  And hopefully there won't be an extra charge to attend.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I agree.  Hopefully Celebrity will restart the Connection gatherings soon.  And hopefully there won't be an extra charge to attend.

I much prefer the parties organized by our various groups. Better turn out we exchange a small gift from our hometown or last one was a shot glass exchange.  Got to meet so many interesting people from all over the world.