Equinox Refreshed cabins

kruzerci

I have noticed in some reviews that standard balcony cabins have been refreshed and then noted in others that they have not on the Equinox. The newer looking ones I have seen on deck 8 and 10 have the newer looking couches and grey carpeting while the others have the old red color scheme. 

Does anybody know which cabins were refreshed when she was revitalized and if there was any rhyme or reason why some were not?

7 hours ago, kruzerci said:

I have noticed in some reviews that standard balcony cabins have been refreshed and then noted in others that they have not on the Equinox. The newer looking ones I have seen on deck 8 and 10 have the newer looking couches and grey carpeting while the others have the old red color scheme. 

Does anybody know which cabins were refreshed when she was revitalized and if there was any rhyme or reason why some were not?

I believe the Equinox time frame for refurb was cut short because the ship was moved to Europe for refurb. Deck 7 cabins are sadly not refurbed. We have been on Equinox 3 times since restart! I sure hope they complete the cabin refurbs soon! 

10 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

Have the corner Sky Suites been refreshed at all? I’m booked in 2151 in October. 

They were not when we sailed one in early 2020, although the comfortable deck furniture was replaced with uncomfortable deck furniture.  I don't mind the old look (in many ways prefer it) but hopefully they have good mattresses.

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

They were not when we sailed one in early 2020, although the comfortable deck furniture was replaced with uncomfortable deck furniture.  I don't mind the old look (in many ways prefer it) but hopefully they have good mattresses.

I agree about the functional furniture being changed out for what looks like tiny little nonfunctional pieces. When I look at photos and videos, the cabins do appear shabby and worn though. They need some TLC. 

We were in aft suite in Nov.  Not refurbished...still the drab orange and brown;  we were a little disappointed.  This was on deck 12.  Saw a cabin on the way to the elevator that did have grey/blue combo decor so some have been done.

• 10 months later...

Corner Sky Suites are redone.  We were in one on Deck 8 for 2022/2023 Christmas/NYE cruise.  Sadly, there're not nearly enough power outlets.   Room is lovely but for that, and the long walk which can't be helped w/o an aft elevator.

RS had a new sofa and chair and bedding. Curtains and carpets unchanged. Uncomfortable new outside furniture and a ridiculous number of cushions inside, none of which fitted comfortably on the outside chairs which had no cushions or padding….

On 11/30/2023 at 5:10 AM, over spending cruisers said:

I'm told Equinox is scheduled for a dry dock refurb in April 2024.

There is a gap in her schedule from April 23rd until May 16th 2024 when she will be in Lisbon Portugal.

Hope there is a refurb - we board on July 11th. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 10:58 AM, kruzerci said:

Our Aqua cabin on deck 11 (1627) was refreshed.  New sofa, new carpet, very comfortable bed. Saw carpeting being refreshed/replaced in deck 11 cabins and general area, almost everyday on that sailing.

Carpeting in cabins can be replaced without drydock. Years ago, I was on a Royal ship that was having cabin carpeting replaced. One day we had a note in our cabin advising us that our carpet would be replaced, and to move as much off of the floors as possible.

The next day all of the cabins in our corridor had the carpeting replaced. A team would go into the cabin, move all of the furniture to the balcony, pull up the old carpet, glue down a new (pre-cut) carpet, put everything back to where it had been, and then move on to the next cabin. Took less than 30 minutes per cabin.

It was amazing to see.done, and I'd imagine replacing soft goods like furniture could be done the same way. The biggest challenge would be storage space for the old and new furniture. 

• Like 2