2023 Where are they now? Officers & crew.

casofilia

Ding-dong question - but what purpose does it serve to know the officers and crew?

I can see knowing who the cruise director is .... and maybe the concierge, but I've never interacted with higher staff like that and even if I heard that the hotel manager is x and the chief engineer is y, I wouldn't know what to do with that information?  Unless there's a captain who sunk a ship and I'd want to know that up front so that I pay attention at the muster drill this time around.  😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mearsfansinboise said:

Ding-dong question - but what purpose does it serve to know the officers and crew?

I can see knowing who the cruise director is .... and maybe the concierge, but I've never interacted with higher staff like that and even if I heard that the hotel manager is x and the chief engineer is y, I wouldn't know what to do with that information?  Unless there's a captain who sunk a ship and I'd want to know that up front so that I pay attention at the muster drill this time around.  😆

Well, in my case, I would love to know ahead of time how to contact the Hotel Directors on the Escape and Pride of America, because I have special allergy needs for my cabin. Or to know who to look for on embarkation day for those reasons. 

Generally, this info gets passed on by the Access email, so I eventually find out.

1 hour ago, MrsTocko said:

I personally like seeing if any of the crew that I have interacted with before, or even sailed with before, are going to be on my upcoming cruise. I will know if they run a "tight ship" so to speak.

I always enjoy meeting the crew as it is more likely I will  see them again than any passenger I met on a previous cruise. It worked out pretty good for us as I met a lot of the staff on the Encore Panama Canal cruise this fall and it turned out our oldest granddaughter was going to be on the Encore a few months later and she got to meet some of the staff we had met and they treated her and her boyfriend very well.

• Like 1

Many years ago, I met a young man on The Pearl as a Maitre'd.  From there he began a Restaurant Manager, Food and Beverage Director, Assistant Hotel Director and now he is a Hotel General Manager.  I am not positive at the moment but I think he will open the Viva as Hotel General Manager.  So many staff I have met have gone on to become Senior Officers.  It is nice to know where they are and how they are doing.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

I’m usually hosting a Meet & Greet & since I have letters, inviting them to our meeting, to be left when I’m boarding the ship, I use that Officers information when addressing the officers currently on the ship. 

Hopefully my answer makes sense. 

Tom😀

• Like 2

20 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Many years ago, I met a young man on The Pearl as a Maitre'd.  From there he began a Restaurant Manager, Food and Beverage Director, Assistant Hotel Director and now he is a Hotel General Manager.  I am not positive at the moment but I think he will open the Viva as Hotel General Manager.  So many staff I have met have gone on to become Senior Officers.  It is nice to know where they are and how they are doing.

Let me guess - Djamel?

On 3/5/2023 at 12:20 PM, www3traveler said:

ENCORE    Taken from Freestyle Daily posted 4 March 2023:

General Manager:  Deepak

Assistant General Manager: Mirko

Cruise Director: Marzena

Food and Beverage Director: Igor

Assistant Food and Beverage: Vikram

Executive Chef: Francis

Restaurant Manager: Danijel

Beverage Manager: Raj

Guest Services Manager: Belkys

Executive Housekeeper: Boni Facio

The concierge is John D'Souza and Abby is backing him up. The Haven bartenders are Kai & Maria. The butler (17100) is Latilano. 

This was posted in our Roll Call for the Epic in the past couple days.  It was from someone who is currently on the Epic. 

Apparently the GM is leaving and is being replaced by Amir but did not get a last name.

EpicstaffFeb_March2023.jpeg.1ab0371c9440

On 3/30/2023 at 9:58 AM, coondogg97 said:

Oh wow, do you know the date? We sail April 9th. Thanks for the info. 

John just started his vacation so he will not be your concierge. Prima has quite a few assistants at concierge desk and one main concierge.

• Like 1

Here’s another one, does anyone know if this young gentleman is still with NCL? This was 2015 on the Breakaway, his nickname is “Hipo”. He was the best butler we’ve had to date, great kid with a fantastic sense of humor. Wherever he is I hope he is successful. 

FD6F575C-3232-42D9-80C5-8E212D3B4962.jpeg

On 3/31/2023 at 12:08 PM, knitlady037 said:

John just started his vacation so he will not be your concierge. Prima has quite a few assistants at concierge desk and one main concierge.

As I mentioned, David will still be on Prima April 9th. John will be concierge on Prima after his vacation.