Current Cagney's Menu

kjquilts

5 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Those specific T&Cs are LATITUDES (NOT FAS!):

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account. 

Agreed.  

But, NCL being NCL, I can't help but think it's only a matter of time before they extend those Latitudes terms to FAS too.  So, I give @fethiyeden the benefit of the doubt and ask for the actual FAS terms they were referring to.

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Agreed.  
But, NCL being NCL, I can't help but think it's only a matter of time before they extend those Latitudes terms to FAS too.  So, I give @fethiyeden the benefit of the doubt and ask for the actual FAS terms they were referring to.

And I agree with you, because, it is quite likely more restrictions/cut-backs seem to be "in-the-making!"

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Fleet_Cagney_Dinner_010323.pdf 131.71 kB · 94 downloads

Sad to see that the upchage moved from the Tomahawk to the Porterhouse (which is what we would order). 

I was off the Escape right before Christmas the upcharge was not there yet but my Porterhouse was horrible. I never had one that bad. Everyone else ordered Fillet or Ribeye there steaks were good. They should just take the Porterhouse off the menu if they have to charge for a 20 OZ  steak.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Agreed.  

I believe they are all the same now. Even with FAS they were firm at every restaurant that you could not get multiple apps. 

• Like 1

We did Cagney's in early November and my husband had the porterhouse.  In retrospect, he wished he'd gone with the filet or the ribeye (which is what I had). His steak was noticeably thinner than mine and he encountered several spots of gristle.   When combined with the bone weight, your 20 oz steak is reduced to probably 14-15 oz at best.  

I cannot fathom paying ANY upcharge for that porterhouse, much less an extra $20.  If this is meant to discourage ordering of that particular cut, then I expect it will work well because it's simply not worth the upcharge.   

34 minutes ago, detroitlions said:

I believe they are all the same now. Even with FAS they were firm at every restaurant that you could not get multiple apps. 

I don't doubt you were told that, but, the fact remains you can get multiple aps/deserts and they don't charge you.  We experienced this first hand on Encore in November.  

If a server tried to tell me differently, I'd proceed with my order and ask them to check with their superior.  you won't be charged.

23 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I don't doubt you were told that, but, the fact remains you can get multiple aps/deserts and they don't charge you.  We experienced this first hand on Encore in November.  

If a server tried to tell me differently, I'd proceed with my order and ask them to check with their superior.  you won't be charged.

There has been a change starting 1/1. Unfortunately. Only one app, one soup or salad, one main and one dessert from 1/1 onwards. Birdtravels was I guess the first CC’er who noticed this yesterday. There is a thread here about the matter: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2903981-specialty-dining-1-1-1/

Edit: seems the thread was from Wednesday already 😊

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/specialty-dining-package/faq

0B315E12-5BBA-41BE-A55A-91386FF447E0.jpeg

Edited by European_CruiseGirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

There has been a change starting 1/1. Unfortunately. Only one app, one soup or salad, one main and one dessert from 1/1 onwards. Birdtravels was I guess the first CC’er who noticed this yesterday. There is a thread here about the matter: https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2903981-specialty-dining-1-1-1/

Edit: seems the thread was from Wednesday already 😊

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/specialty-dining-package/faq

Wow, I missed that thread.  Thank you.  

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 8:58 AM, meglet said:

As of last July on the Pearl, they had not implemented the new Haven lunch menu I had seen posted and was looking forward to, but they did have Pavlova (is that the dessert with the berries?)

No but I love pavlova, the one I am thinking of was just mixed berries it was light and just enough to finish off a lunch.

On 1/6/2023 at 5:44 AM, mn_cruise said:

I agree. I was not happy about that….no one in my family eats any type of seafood. 

Me three. I find it very odd. We went 3 times on Epic and I had the iceberg wedge each time as I do not eat seafood.

Seems more fitting for Ocean Blue, not Cagneys. I miss the pork belly.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2023 at 11:04 AM, fethiyeden said:

C19B5CDE-6C25-4C20-9508-889871627734.thumb.png.3e6f2a12e7b92c86039fbdfde678656b.png

Not saying you're wrong, but this specifically refers to specialty dining packages for purchase.  The FAS terms and conditions don't list these restrictions (only the "one main course at Cagney's and Le Bistro" one that's been there for a long time).  It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.  I'm on the Dawn soon, and have a FAS meal, a purchase specialty dining upgrade package, and Latitudes Platinum dinners, so I'll see if anything is different between them! 

I never understood how people could order multiple apps and sides, not from a is it allowed standpoint, but from a consumption standpoint.  On cruises we have a hard time finishing one of each and by day 3 skipping apps, by day 6 skipping desserts.  It is just too much food.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, curlstravel said:

I am allergic to sea food and had to get wedge salad last 2 times.  I’m not crazy about Cagneys for that very reason.  I wonder who came up with the all seafood appetizer list?

As someone who works in the restaurant industry and has a husband who is a chef, I have no idea. It drives me crazy.   I love tuna tartare, but do not eat shellfish. So while I would find something to eat, I hate seeing a lack of variety in each course.   Can they throw on a brie en croute, burrata or mozzarella, Brussel sprout dish, braised short ribs. SOMETHING other than just seafood?  It's not that hard.

Edited by sailorusvi
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Shidah said:

I never understood how people could order multiple apps and sides, not from a is it allowed standpoint, but from a consumption standpoint.  On cruises we have a hard time finishing one of each and by day 3 skipping apps, by day 6 skipping desserts.  It is just too much food.

the sides are incredibly small though.  For me I like to order two or 3 which would equal the normal sized side.  Being a diabetic, I pretty much always skip dessert so I have room for an extra bite of zucchini  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

the sides are incredibly small though.  For me I like to order two or 3 which would equal the normal sized side.  Being a diabetic, I pretty much always skip dessert so I have room for an extra bite of zucchini  

Make that 3 pieces of zucchini, priced at a suggested $9 per item today ... it was $2 just 5 years ago.  Sail and Sustain 🙄 🙄 🙄    I just call them portion sized small & petite , haha.  One of our favorite local steakhouse, Bryant & Cooper (ranked #3) in Long Island is as good as, if not better than Peter Luger's - cream spinach for 2 in serving size is just $12.50.   

20220917_192341.thumb.jpg.b53cf2c25a744b6cfdf4e69017ac4163.jpg

Here's the old menu ...

IMG_0359.thumb.JPG.b965d1bff7b8b5f6fd7c2eece2e6594b.JPG

I understood that you can still find pork bellies ... upstairs in the Haven dining section, but they too are "rationing" too, LOL.  Must be the good old "Cooking Light" making its come back to NCL again. 

Beef and goat cheese napoleons, anyone ?? 

Some folks have a healthier appetite while others eat in moderation ... and, we sometimes have one of the dessert wrapped to go & enjoy later in our stateroom, not necessary skipping it and not wasting food either. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

Old-timers, I found & retrieved an old, very old Cagney's Menu from my NAS server drives, from 2009  & was digitized years later for storage.  Almost certain, this was either the Star doing Mexico or Alaska or Pride of America in Hawaii ...

Selections, choices & options are impressive, especially compared to the last few years ... even worst nowadays.  Memories ! 

IMG_20190721_153310999.thumb.jpg.f2ca229245867a92053c9cf8833b8739.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 4:41 PM, Travelling2Some said:

I find it odd that every starter is some sort of seafood.  A fair number of people do not eat seafood and I would expect more variety given that Cagney's is billed as a steakhouse. 

Couldn’t agree more, an issue I encounter at many places, not only here. But we’ve booked our specialty dining accordingly for our April cruise- 2x Le Bistro, 2X Onda and only 1X Cagney’s.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 11:57 PM, fethiyeden said:

The steak in Le Bistro now has an upcharge with the new menu.

That disappointing, I actually preferred the filet mignon in Le Bistro over Cagney's.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: just looked up the menu and at least it's only a $10 upcharge, which isn't too bad.

Edited by randomthought
Menu lookup

52 minutes ago, randomthought said:

That disappointing, I actually preferred the filet mignon in Le Bistro over Cagney's.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: just looked up the menu and at least it's only a $10 upcharge, which isn't too bad.

Hope you like liver.  The Le Bistro filet is served with a slice of foie gras on top.  Ruins it for me.

1 hour ago, randomthought said:

It is a great entrée and you'll enjoy it. 

image.thumb.png.0fbfcd4b767aecf6121dbe394287eed6.png

Edited by BirdTravels