Current Cagney's Menu

kjquilts

1 hour ago, kjquilts said:

Would someone please post the current Cagney's menu that shows prices.  The other restaurant menus come up on NCL website but Cagney's doesn't.

Thanks so much.

Kare n

Fleet_Cagney_Dinner_010323.pdf

Sad to see that the upchage moved from the Tomahawk to the Porterhouse (which is what we would order). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

Thank you both very much..  The Cagney's menu looks better to me than Le Bistro.

Years ago on our Panama Canal cruise one of our traveling group ordered the Tomahawk and ate the entire thing by himself!   A retired pharmacist who should have know better lol.   I see Tomahawk is gone from the menu.

26 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Sad to see that the upchage moved from the Tomahawk to the Porterhouse (which is what we would order). 

That's really disappointing.  I was just on the Escape a few weeks ago and got the Porterhouse with no supplement.

Thank you for those menu uploads.

Another subtle substitution/change is Jumbo Tiger Shrimp Trio is out, replaced with just Jumbo Shrimp Trio, which typically retailed locally with a $2 to $3 price difference per pound ... typically #8-12 extra jumbo/per pound count.  Although, they looked closer to jumbo #16-20 count ("smaller" but still using black tiger shrimp, which you can taste the difference) in the past year vs. pre-Covid.  Give them a pass for the cuts to trim their food costs, I get it & why not tell it like it is.  

The pricing logics used and the dining supplement or amount up-charge, also, IMHO, doesn't make sense.  Among the more "pricey" entree items like the 8 oz. Filet Mignon at $41, Aussie Lamp Chops at $43 - "free" but by going over just a few bucks to the 20 oz. Porterhouse at $47 - we get dinged now for $20 more, ha-huh.  Surf & Turf at $55 - ding extra $25 more.  $10 and $15 upcharge, it seems, would be more "reasonable" when the Grilled Fisherman's Platter at $45 has zero, no surcharge or upcharge. 

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

The pricing logics used and the dining supplement or amount up-charge, also, IMHO, doesn't make sense.  Among the more "pricey" entree items like the 8 oz. Filet Mignon at $41, Aussie Lamp Chops at $43 - "free" but by going over just a few bucks to the 20 oz. Porterhouse at $47 - we get dinged now for $20 more, ha-huh.  Surf & Turf at $55 - ding extra $25 more.  $10 and $15 upcharge, it seems, would be more "reasonable" when the Grilled Fisherman's Platter at $45 has zero, no surcharge or upcharge. 

Maybe it's because they're closer to the seafood than the cattle ranch?🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

The pricing is based on up-charging for the most popular items. 

Like when they used to up-charge for a shrimp cocktail.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Thank you for those menu uploads.

Another subtle substitution/change is Jumbo Tiger Shrimp Trio is out, replaced with just Jumbo Shrimp Trio, which typically retailed locally with a $2 to $3 price difference per pound ... typically #8-12 extra jumbo/per pound count.  Although, they looked closer to jumbo #16-20 count ("smaller" but still using black tiger shrimp, which you can taste the difference) in the past year vs. pre-Covid.  Give them a pass for the cuts to trim their food costs, I get it & why not tell it like it is.  

Pricing to a large degree is based on costs and availability of raw goods. 

2 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I find it odd that every starter is some sort of seafood.  A fair number of people do not eat seafood and I would expect more variety given that Cagney's is billed as a steakhouse. 

I agree. I was not happy about that….no one in my family eats any type of seafood. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

If I may ask, how does this work with the specialty dining promo?

We booked Cagney's for our free specialty meal on Bliss...do we each receive 1 appetizer/soup/salad, 1 entrée, 1 dessert, etc.?

Thanks!

Yes, in general you get an app, salad, entree, 2 sides and dessert. Some items have a surcharge. They may let an additional side or app slide depending on the server.

8 hours ago, CruisinCoyote said:

How does this work if we have one free included specialty dining - do we get to choose an item from each category ?

8 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

If I may ask, how does this work with the specialty dining promo?

We booked Cagney's for our free specialty meal on Bliss...do we each receive 1 appetizer/soup/salad, 1 entrée, 1 dessert, etc.?

Thanks!

If you are using Free At Sea, you get multiple aps/soup/salads, 1 entrée, multiple sides, multiple deserts.  

I hear that if you are suing a Latitudes meal, you may be restricted to 1 of each.  

Edited by PATRLR
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PATRLR said:

If you are using Free At Sea, you get multiple aps/soup/salads, 1 entrée, multiple sides, multiple deserts.  

I hear that if you are suing a Latitudes meal, you may be restricted to 1 of each.  

If you're suing, no wonder there are restrictions. 😉

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Don't suppose anybody knows what the new lunch menu will be? We can have lunch here in April and have done this on the Gem and Dawn in the past. Know it's the same menu every day am hoping to have the berries for dessert.

As of last July on the Pearl, they had not implemented the new Haven lunch menu I had seen posted and was looking forward to, but they did have Pavlova (is that the dessert with the berries?)

3 hours ago, PATRLR said:

The new terms & conditions now state only 1 app, 1 soup or salad, 1 entree & 1 dessert. It doesn’t mention anything about sides.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, fethiyeden said:

The new terms & conditions now state only 1 app, 1 soup or salad, 1 entree & 1 dessert. It doesn’t mention anything about sides.

Can you point me to those T&Cs, please?

10 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Can you point me to those T&Cs, please?

Those specific T&Cs are LATITUDES (NOT FAS!):

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to one appetizer, one entrée and one dessert of choice. Entrée items up to $35 are covered. For items over this amount, an upcharge will be added to your onboard account.