Royal Caribbean New Menus - Expected on all ships by end of February

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

MANY reports on various blogs 

accommodating these requests defeats the purpose of the new menu 

Unless I missed them, I haven't seen many reviews of the new menu.  Only one that I have seen is from Island Lady for a couple of nights and one of them she was raving about the salads.

Plus, it's too early to see if they will be that stringent going forward.

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I've just had a thought: I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see omelets or made to order egg dishes right now due to exorbitant egg prices.

You assume that Royal buys their eggs primarily in the US.  Was able to buy Eggland's Best at my local Shoprite for $4.29 for dozen large eggs.  Had a $1 off coupon, but before I embarrassed myself noticed that it had expired a few days earlier.🤪

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Unless I missed them, I haven't seen many reviews of the new menu.

a lot of the items are the same as before, but simply reshuffled by theme. Only some of them are new.

I will definitely be taking ALL the pics and reviewing in April. 🤪  But it won't be live for sure.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, brnsofia said:

I dont see much for those who dont eat meat

Agree. There was usually at least one vegetarian item on the main menu for both appetizer and entree, and then on the vegan menu, usually 2 appetizer and 2 entree options.  Now the vegan menu is gone and the only vegetarian option on the main menu is vegan--so no choice, just one option for appetizer and entree.  Vegan can be pretty drastic compared to a vegetarian menu that includes dairy and eggs. Not all vegetarians are, or want to be, vegan.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

Agree. There was usually at least one vegetarian item on the main menu for both appetizer and entree, and then on the vegan menu, usually 2 appetizer and 2 entree options.  Now the vegan menu is gone and the only vegetarian option on the main menu is vegan--so no choice, just one option for appetizer and entree.  Vegan can be pretty drastic compared to a vegetarian menu that includes dairy and eggs. Not all vegetarians are, or want to be, vegan.  

I have heard there is still a seperate vegetarian menu

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You can see it in the app. 

Yes, I can see it in the app, but I've also seen reports that it is going away which is why the 'V' option on the new menus is vegan and not just vegetarian like the old menu, so that it can cover all plant-based dining.  

I've got six cabins for a family cruise in June 2024 that I will be canceling if Royal doesn't pull their head out of their xxx.  I won't be wasting money on specialty restaurants as I'm not impressed with any of them.  Portofino's was great but it is gone.  I'm also not paying MDR prices and having to eat in the WJ. 

CC surveys on the best cruise ship dining venues reveals a lot.  Chops is the only RCL venue mentioned and it is mediocre at best.  There are no mentions of any of the speciality restaurants on Celebrity which in years past had always been considered exceptional. 

It's time to start cruising in Las Vegas again or doing an all-inclusive land vacation. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Yes, I can see it in the app, but I've also seen reports that it is going away which is why the 'V' option on the new menus is vegan and not just vegetarian like the old menu, so that it can cover all plant-based dining.  

If you noticed my quote I modified the poster’s comment to vegan. You can see the separate vegan menu in the current/old version of the menu in the app on ships which still have that or you can see the vegan choice in the new/future menu (like Symphony). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, waverunner43 said:

I've got six cabins for a family cruise in June 2024 that I will be canceling if Royal doesn't pull their head out of their xxx.  I won't be wasting money on specialty restaurants as I'm not impressed with any of them.  Portofino's was great but it is gone.  I'm also not paying MDR prices and having to eat in the WJ. 

CC surveys on the best cruise ship dining venues reveals a lot.  Chops is the only RCL venue mentioned and it is mediocre at best.  There are no mentions of any of the speciality restaurants on Celebrity which in years past had always been considered exceptional. 

It's time to start cruising in Las Vegas again or doing an all-inclusive land vacation. 

WOW

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, waverunner43 said:

That's pretty much what I'm thinking too.

• Like 2