CPS (cruise parking) Southampton price increases wef 11Jan23? +40%?

RaspberryCremeBrulee

Unfortunately another example of how car ownership costs are ever increasing.

A couple of years ago a taxi to our local airport for a 7 mile trip was £12-£15 each way, its now about £25.

Thinking £50 was expensive I checked out airport parking for 4 nights.  It's £50 for the first 24 hours and , £35 each subsequent day, so over £150 to park the car.

On 1/14/2023 at 10:22 PM, Thejuggler said:

Unfortunately another example of how car ownership costs are ever increasing.

A couple of years ago a taxi to our local airport for a 7 mile trip was £12-£15 each way, its now about £25.

Thinking £50 was expensive I checked out airport parking for 4 nights.  It's £50 for the first 24 hours and , £35 each subsequent day, so over £150 to park the car.

We have booked a week valet parking at in February at Gatwick for £119. 2 weeks in December is £111. Sometimes stuff goes down in price

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

It seems there are still deals to be had,  people on Aurora, one 2024 65 nights and Arcadia worldie 2025 have got parking for £160. Albeit this is 60% more than their usual £100 deal off season it isn't bad.

Seeing this, we thought we would check CPS parking for our 35 nighter on Ventura for Jan 2023 and that is coming out at £160 as well, which still seems good. 

Just a bit wary though in case we decide to cancel that cruise as there is a £15 admin charge, though does say, "or alternatively, you can opt for credit against a future cruise".   No idea what the cost of parking for alternative cruises will be by then though.  Decisions.....

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

Seeing this, we thought we would check CPS parking for our 35 nighter on Ventura for Jan 2023 and that is coming out at £160 as well, which still seems good. 

Just a bit wary though in case we decide to cancel that cruise as there is a £15 admin charge, though does say, "or alternatively, you can opt for credit against a future cruise".   No idea what the cost of parking for alternative cruises will be by then though.  Decisions.....

That is excellent value for money because CPS want £182 for my 12 my cruise in November.

Just booked parking with CPS for Arvia 30April for 2 weeks £243 that's a 48.9% increase over last Year. Rang them and their attitude is take it or leave it. Booked this this time as there are two couples sharing the cost. But in October we will be on our own and will book an over night hotel with parking and will still have money left in our pocket. Captive market on site wish I knew who I could complain to away from CPS. 

10 minutes ago, JustOxford said:

Just booked parking with CPS for Arvia 30April for 2 weeks £243 that's a 48.9% increase over last Year. Rang them and their attitude is take it or leave it. Booked this this time as there are two couples sharing the cost. But in October we will be on our own and will book an over night hotel with parking and will still have money left in our pocket. Captive market on site wish I knew who I could complain to away from CPS. 

CPS charges are high because a large proportion of their customers aren’t paying them directly, they get ‘free’ parking from the cruise operator such as P&O in return for less on-board credit. There is no obligation to use CPS. I’ve just checked Parking4Cruises for your cruise and the cost is  £136.80 and that’s the mid level service with the option to cancel or amend. Even their Premium service is only £141.80. I use both companies based upon which is cheapest and out of the two I actually find Parking4Cruises to be better and quicker than CPS. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JustOxford said:

As you say, it’s a captive market - or perceived to be such, though P4C is a perfectly good alternative which works every bit as well at a much lower price for now, though I imagine they’ll up their prices too.

Nobody you can usefully complain to, I’m afraid. Their job is to maximise profits, and that’s what they’re doing. The only effective complaint mechanism is to avoid using them, and tell them why.

Have a look at triangle parking ocean terminal. We have just booked with them £122 instead of £243.

11 hours ago, JustOxford said:

Edited by Shocked91
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shocked91 said:

My friend phoned CPS today to ask why the price has gone up so much. They told her they now have 2 seasons. Summer season and winter season.

I am afraid your grien had been told nonsense by CPS about 2 seasons. I checked the other day for my cruise with Cunard in last week of November first week of December, which I assume is winter period. The price quoted online was £182 a considerable increase and as you can guess I will not be booking with them I shall be using P4C and because I have used the before get an extra 5% discount.

1 hour ago, Shocked91 said:

Have a look at triangle parking ocean terminal. We have just booked with them £122 instead of £243.

Problem is if you have booked just the parking option and you are scheduled to embark, disembark from Ocean that is fine. But if they change terminal schedule especially if happens whilst on your cruise and you return to Mayflower which does happen you will have to get a taxi back to Triangle car park.

Edited by majortom10

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Problem is if you have booked just the parking option and you are scheduled to embark, disembark from Ocean that is fine. But if they change terminal schedule especially if happens whilst on your cruise and you return to Mayflower which does happen you will have to get a taxi back to Triangle car park.

It would be quite the taxi ride to make up the £100 difference 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I am afraid your grien had been told nonsense by CPS about 2 seasons. I checked the other day for my cruise with Cunard in last week of November first week of December, which I assume is winter period. The price quoted online was £182 a considerable increase and as you can guess I will not be booking with them I shall be using P4C and because I have used the before get an extra 5% discount.

just done notional booking for Iona

7 nights June £152

7 nights Dec £124

10 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I have booked the coach for our summer cruise on Princess because for 2 of us is is cheaper than CPS parking and when we take into account that when we drive down we are paying for petrol and we go a day earlier to avoid worrying if we get stuck in traffic jams so we are also saving the cost of a hotel stay the saving is almost £200.

25 minutes ago, sogne said:

7 nights June £152

7 nights Dec £124

Well CPS price for my cruise on 24th November for 12nts currently on their website is £182. So there are obviously anomalies and certainly not summer prices and winter prices as stated by CPS. £182 is a significant increase and for that reason I will not be parking with CPS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have booked the coach for our summer cruise on Princess because for 2 of us is is cheaper than CPS parking and when we take into account that when we drive down we are paying for petrol and we go a day earlier to avoid worrying if we get stuck in traffic jams so we are also saving the cost of a hotel stay the saving is almost £200.

We have now started considering the coach as an alternative to travelling down the day before, it is not just the cost but the convenience and as I get older the long drive down becomes less appealing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Well CPS price for my cruise on 24th November for 12nts currently on their website is £182. So there are obviously anomalies and certainly not summer prices and winter prices as stated by CPS. £182 is a significant increase and for that reason I will not be parking with CPS.

QV 12 nights August £210

QV 12 nights Nov or Dec £182 

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have now started considering the coach as an alternative to travelling down the day before, it is not just the cost but the convenience and as I get older the long drive down becomes less appealing.

We have thought about the coach before but last year I was too concerned about covid to try it but after our October cruise we had an awful journey home, almost 5 hours for what is usually around 3 hours, so were already considering the coach because it just seems less stressful so the CPS price increase has just pushed us to try the coach.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2023 at 2:37 PM, sogne said:

QV 12 nights August £210

QV 12 nights Nov or Dec £182 

I think that's not really the point. Last year I paid about £130 to park for 2 week in July. This year they want about £240 to park in June. No doubt there are price differences for CPS for the same cruise at different times of the year, but that doesn't explain the massive increase from last year to this.

I personally think that the reason why CPS has increased prices by so much is to deter people from booking direct with them. I think they can fill their available capacity with those that choose free parking with Cunard and P&O and dont really need any other bookings because of limited capacity of car parks and their inability to employ workforce to accept and transfer cars to car park. Majority of their workforce seem to be elderly retired people boosting their pensions and since the pandemic seem to struggle to fill vacancies.

• Like 3