Documents needed to board

MamaToMany

To clarify: I just need my completed XPress Pass and my passport to board the ship, yes? I can get a luggage tag at the port and don’t need all of my e-docs printed. I have order emails and all of my documents saved on my phone, so I can reference them if needed. I leave tomorrow, and I’m having a last minute panic. Haven’t cruised in quite a while, and never on Celebrity!  TIA.

If you have access to a printer, I would print out at least your luggage tags.  It could save you some time waiting for the porters/longshore folks to do it.

And if you are printing out your luggage tags, you might as well print your boarding pass.  having a paper copy sometimes is easier that fumbling with your phone.

Tou really don't need anything else printed.

Have a good cruise!

36 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

If you have access to a printer, I would print out at least your luggage tags.  It could save you some time waiting for the porters/longshore folks to do it.

And if you are printing out your luggage tags, you might as well print your boarding pass.  having a paper copy sometimes is easier that fumbling with your phone.

Tou really don't need anything else printed.

Have a good cruise!

I respectfully disagree.  No reason to print the luggage tags. They will tag them at the pier.  

FWIW I write my cabin number on a once of masking tape and stick it to my bag.  Always arrived fast. 

20 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

They will tag them at the pier.  

At least at Pier 91 (Seattle) than can be a line for the longshore folks to write up the luggage tags.  Meanwhile, luggage that is already tagged can be taken by the porters, or dropped off that the luggage collection site.

it's more efficient to have the luggage tags already on your bags, or in hand so the porters can attach them,, but you are correct that arriving with the tags isn't necessary.

While not necessary to board bringing your medical insurance card will be handy in case some emergency happens.  if you have travel insurance the medical facility on the ship will ask for it.  

Edited by fenton04
oops

10 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I respectfully disagree.  No reason to print the luggage tags. They will tag them at the pier.  

FWIW I write my cabin number on a once of masking tape and stick it to my bag.  Always arrived fast. 

If you print your luggage tags; before you attach them to your luggage you can highlight, deck number, cabin number and category.  It makes it easier for the porters to read and get it right!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The only reason that I know that it’s a good idea to have your luggage tags attached ahead of time is on the off chance that you’ve become separated from your luggage they know which ship you’re going it should be going to

1 minute ago, brandneweyez said:

When are luggage tags usually available to print? I sail in 8 days and mine still says “Pending. This guest is checked in. Their luggage tag is still processing, so come back later to print a copy.“

They are usually the last few pages of your cruise docs

17 hours ago, MamaToMany said:

To clarify: I just need my completed XPress Pass and my passport to board the ship, yes? I can get a luggage tag at the port and don’t need all of my e-docs printed. I have order emails and all of my documents saved on my phone, so I can reference them if needed. I leave tomorrow, and I’m having a last minute panic. Haven’t cruised in quite a while, and never on Celebrity!  TIA.

We always back up electronic information with printed copies for boarding in case of a scenario like that in post #6.

We also always tag our bags after once having a bag tagged incorrectly and taking until just before departure to get it delivered.

We had shared a cab from a hotel with another cruiser and the bag was tagged with her room number. I spent all afternoon to and from guest relations, even giving them the other cruisers name and she spent all afternoon sending my bag back with the information it was mine.

Unfortunately we did not have each other's room numbers!

It was another line, cruising from Copenhagen.

Edited by Baynanno1
additional comment

1 hour ago, brandneweyez said:

The option to view/print my eDocs is grayed out. 

Check your email(s) from when you first booked your cruise, too. For me, there was a printable luggage tag on one of the last pages of a PDF attachment.

• Like 1