Disney Wish docked at Coco Cay tonight

orville99

We are on Wonder and just passed by Coco Cay on our way back to PC, and the Disney Wish and another ship are currently docked there. Anyone have any idea why? Seas are really rough and we have been battling 40 knot headwinds and 20 ft seas all day.

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure what you saw but Wish is sailing just behind Wonder. 

definitely docked at Coco Cay. Can see both ships, the marker lights and the island from our balcony. Have no idea what you are looking at on the internet, but reality is here at sea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

A bunch of cruise lines had to skip Nassau. Some Royal ships had to skip Coco Cay. I read about it on othe rmedia that can't be mentioned here. 

Pretty sure I mentioned FB in my post.

It's ok, you can mention it. You can't provide links to FB roll call posts.

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Wish wasn't really anywhere near Coco Cay

43 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I guess the internet is wrong. 

35 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Wish wasn't really anywhere near Coco Cay

I love all they armchair experts who only see the world through a computer monitor. We are actually on the Wonder, have 15X binoculars, and when we posted this thread we could see the Disney ship clearly docked, her two distinctive stacks, their Aqua whatever, and the other ship also clearly docked right next to them. The dock channel marker lights were clear as a bell, we could see the end of the pier, and the Coco Cay skyline. But hey in this society, what you see with your own eyes is nowhere as real as what you suck off the internet.

Basic question is still unanswered. Why were they there.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 13

8 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It is a RCL exclusive port…

RC might allow other cruise lines to call under some circumstances.  I don’t know why but I know Disney Wish was one of the ships that had to skip Nassau. Perhaps there was a logistical reason or emergency reason and Royal gave permission. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

RC might allow other cruise lines to call under some circumstances.  I don’t know why but I know Disney Wish was one of the ships that had to skip Nassau. Perhaps there was a logistical reason or emergency reason and Royal gave permission. 

Perhaps Disney was seeking an available port in a convenient location if their ship had to skip Nassau, Disney offered RCI a load of cash and Royal took the offer.  

Royal gets extra money, Disney guests det a fun day, and perhaps some Disney guests will want to come back to Coco Cay.  Just a guess.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Perhaps Disney was seeking an available port in a convenient location if their ship had to skip Nassau, offered RCI a load of cash and Royal took the offer.  

Royal gets extra money, Disney guests det a fun day, and perhaps some Disney guests will want to come back to Coco Cay.  Just a guess.

Except for optics when Oasis and Liberty (going from memory) could not dock there. Also why would they still be there this late in the day.🤷‍♂️

Edited by A&L_Ont

31 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Except for optics when Oasis and Liberty (going from memory) could not dock there. Also why would they still be there this late in the day.🤷‍♂️

If the Disney Wish is there the other ship could be Mariner of the Seas. My marine app is not doing to good but Mariner was headed to CoCo cay according to the app and is in the vicinity. But it says tomorrow. So I guess not...Really the marine app shows no ships at CoCo Cay. I guess if they had been there they would have sailed away by now.

Edited by Charles4515

8 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Can a medical evacuation happen there? Maybe Disney had a medical emergency, couldn't dock at Nassau, but had CocoCay as an option? Only plausible reason why a Disney ship would dock there.

I don't see Coco Cay as an option for a medical emergency unless it was a place that a chopper could land and pick up to take somewhere else. It is not impossible that Disney contracted with Royal to have a day there if they missed a port. Surely Royal might take the money if there was space available.

Edited by Charles4515

We are currently on the Mariner and expect to dock at Coco Cay in the morning. We got close to Nassau today but the Captain cancelled the stop as we entered the harbor. Weather was terrible and unsafe to attempt to dock. Disney was exiting as we were approaching. I assume it was the Wish. 

19 minutes ago, Ozzie26 said:

We are currently on the Mariner and expect to dock at Coco Cay in the morning. We got close to Nassau today but the Captain cancelled the stop as we entered the harbor. Weather was terrible and unsafe to attempt to dock. Disney was exiting as we were approaching. I assume it was the Wish. 

Thanks for the report. Sorry you had bad weather. Personally Nassau is one port I would not mind being skipped. Every scheduled stop at Coco Cay on my sailings was canceled before they built the dock. Hope you have good weather .

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2