Disney Wish docked at Coco Cay tonight

orville99

5 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

A bunch of cruise lines had to skip Nassau. Some Royal ships had to skip Coco Cay. I read about it on othe rmedia that can't be mentioned here. 

Looked empty on live feed today, only one Royal Ship in Nassau. There over to Key West windy and Waves on Cams...

Edited by ONECRUISER

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Except for optics when Oasis and Liberty (going from memory) could not dock there. Also why would they still be there this late in the day.🤷‍♂️

All good points.  My point was simply that money talks, and if enough money was offered RCI might well sell another cruiseline a day a private island. 

• Like 1

Might be making up for lost time, or perhaps normal schedule (as we are on Jewel) but there are six ships in Nassau right now.   

NCL Dawn and Pearl.   Carnival Liberty and RCI Liberty (which could cause confusion?), HAL, and we here on the Jewel.  

The Wish was suppose to be in Nassau yesterday and Castaway Cay today. 3-day cruise. It was probably just sheltering from the gale force winds and high seas rather than tossing their passengers around (the captain makes that determination based on the number of bags used). Other cruise lines skipped the area and sheltered from the storm. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Pretty much anyone can be bought $$$$ for the right price. Never say Never with a different brand ship docking at Coco Cay.

I know quite while back another Line stopped at Labadee, though was planned stop I cant remember if it was a one off or Seasonal

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Wish was suppose to be in Nassau yesterday and Castaway Cay today. 3-day cruise. It was probably just sheltering from the gale force winds and high seas rather than tossing their passengers around (the captain makes that determination based on the number of bags used). Other cruise lines skipped the area and sheltered from the storm. 

Yeah I for one like the feel of the Ocean, one Reasons 95% my Cruises been on Vision and Radiance Classes. Last 12yrs had Sea Sick Bags out at least one day over half my Cruises, this included 3 different times on my Cruises in Oct 

39 minutes ago, lcpagejr said:

were you leaving FL or returning....both would be on port side if leaving FL   Google it (lol)

Considering it was a Saturday night and the last night of the cruise, and Wonder does Sunday-Sunday sailings, my best guess is we were returning………😇

58 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Thanks, finally a response that makes sense. It would have been virtually impossible to maintain any livable environment for their passengers if they were anywhere other than securely docked. 50 knot winds out of the north, 20 foot seas, and a slow moving ship don’t really go together well. We had this well into the evening. BTW, the #s translate to 75+ MPH - cat 1 hurricane strength.

01DD1BC5-488D-4835-97F5-AE11743B755D.jpeg

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Marine Traffic past track shows Disney Wish in open water, nowhere near land the last day or so.

I think it was Disney magic that made it looked like it was docked at Coco Cay. All an optical illusion. Disney knows how to do that stuff. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, Anton said:

Nobody was tying up to the Coco Cay pier yesterday.448747305_Screenshot2023-01-15at11_10_38AM.thumb.png.a1d273e9dcb4712d5eecf04ea9788689.png

2 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

All good points.  My point was simply that money talks, and if enough money was offered RCI might well sell another cruiseline a day a private island. 

I was going to post the photos above in my response but another CC member beat me to it.

I agree money talks but I doubt RC would offer it to another line when their own ships can not dock for safety.  Royal Caribbean almost always has one, if not two ships there 7 days a week at Coco Cay.  We found that out from our cabana attendant over the New Year’s Eve holidays. There were three planned days between December/January that there were no RC ships there.  

I’m not saying it couldn’t happen, but if there were to be another brand of ship there, I would see it being Celebrity ship over Disney, Princess Carnival, etc.. and certainly not in a few hours notice with weather and seas like yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Thanks, finally a response that makes sense. It would have been virtually impossible to maintain any livable environment for their passengers if they were anywhere other than securely docked. 50 knot winds out of the north, 20 foot seas, and a slow moving ship don’t really go together well. We had this well into the evening. BTW, the #s translate to 75+ MPH - cat 1 hurricane strength.

01DD1BC5-488D-4835-97F5-AE11743B755D.jpeg

In a storm a ship is safer in open waters than in a bad sheltered harbor. This is why ships have to leave a harbor immediately when a storm approaches the harbor directly.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was going to post the photos above in my response but another CC member beat me to it.

I agree money talks but I doubt RC would offer it to another line when their own ships can not dock for safety.  Royal Caribbean almost always has one, if not two ships there 7 days a week at Coco Cay.  We found that out from our cabana attendant over the New Year’s Eve holidays. There were three planned days between December/January that there were no RC ships there.  

I’m not saying it couldn’t happen, but if there were to be another brand of ship there, I would see it being Celebrity ship over Disney, Princess Carnival, etc.. and certainly not in a few hours notice with weather and seas like yesterday.

I did not say the ship was there.

Another poster suggested if happened it might have been due to some Disney emergency or logistical reason; I posited that if another cruiseline used Coco Cay, a substantial financial contribution might be a motivating factor. 

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

When they first Built Labadee Pier there was 3 Ships scheduled on few Days and this inc few Celebrity stopping there. 

33 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

When they first Built Labadee Pier there was 3 Ships scheduled on few Days and this inc few Celebrity stopping there. 

I have been to Labadee twice on CeIebrity. Docked but not with another ship. I seem to  recall that some other cruise line than Royal or Celebrity was allowed to call at Labadee. It was a one off visit. It was years ago before the dock. I don't think it was  one of the mass market lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Since two Royal ship that were scheduled to dock at Coco Cay yesterday were canceled I don't think the Disney Wish was there. The following was posted to Twitter.

James van Fleet, the chief meteorologist for Royal Caribbean, posted the following update: “Good morning Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas guests. Gusts are topping 40 knots, about 5 knots higher than anticipated, and we are seeing waves crash over the Pier, making it unsafe for anyone to be on it. It does look better tomorrow for Freedom of the Seas and Mariner of the Seas.”

016176B0-7E6C-4795-BCB3-EBAACEA6E6EF.jpeg

No sense of adventure. 

This was the other cruise line last month when we called in Costa Maya. A young security officer had the job of watching the waves breaking over the gangway and telling people when it was safe to run down the wet, slippery gangway. Not everyone listened got whacked up side the head with a wave (there is no room to maneuver on a narrow gangway... you just get wet). 

image.thumb.png.cadbf851e06b7f9838b2fea26a261473.png

image.thumb.png.db2e01710d8bde0d779a372c56b7e21c.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

No sense of adventure. 

This was the other cruise line last month when we called in Costa Maya. A young security officer had the job of watching the waves breaking over the gangway and telling people when it was safe to run down the wet, slippery gangway. Not everyone listened got whacked up side the head with a wave (there is no room to maneuver on a narrow gangway... you just get wet). 

image.thumb.png.cadbf851e06b7f9838b2fea26a261473.png

image.thumb.png.db2e01710d8bde0d779a372c56b7e21c.png

We were in Costa Maya in Nov and had waves slamming into the sides of the ships at the pier.  Fortunately, not like that at all.  Not everyone can run (me included since I had an knee/ankle injury 3 years ago).  So, I guess I'd get slammed.  Just wow.

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So it's still a mystery just what did the OP see on Saturday at Coco Cay? Maybe used up a few to many drink coupons of his and friends of his? 😵

The most coupon vouchers available from 5am to 4:49 am would be six for a Pinnacle. I dare say that most Pinnacles need their sleep before such a pilgrimage in very nasty weather.

This must have been a brand new Diamond using all four of their vouchers between 3am and 4:49am. 🤣

The difference between a Diamond and Pinnacle, a good nights sleep and knowing when to not get off the ship at port. 🤣🤣