Oasis Rising Tide Bar

We've been on Oasis before but we had our young children with us so we didn't do this so I have many questions:

1) Do you recommend the Rising Tide Bar?

2) How does it work, do you need to make a reservation?

3) If no reservation, is the line long, and if so how soon should we stand in line?

4) Does it run during certain times?

5) Are you allowed to just stay on or do they kick you off and you wait in line to "ride" again?

6) Do you rise and come down immediately 1 time or do you rise, stay up for a bit then come down?

7) How long is the entirety of the experience?

😎 Where does it rise to?

9) Is there only 1 entrance to it and, if so, where is that? If not, where are the locations to enter?

10) Any other information you can share?

Thanks!

I love the Rising Tide.  You can get on by guest services on Deck 5 or when it reaches deck 8.  It takes its time going between decks and there is no rush to get off.  The times I went there were no lines so can’t answer that. The times are listed at the entrance.  You will enjoy it, so nice to have a drink and people watch as you slowly move along!

• Like 2

Hello fellow Michigander,  More of a novelty than anything else. No reservation needed. Never a line but keep in mind it only holds around 25-30 people max. 

There is usually a paper nearby which lists the times that it runs. You can stay on as long as you like.

I think it's every 15 minutes it goes up, stays for 15 minutes then returns to deck 5.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zestyzorra said:

What if you have to go to the bathroom when you're on it? You just have to wait?

It is open to come and go on deck 5 and then deck 8….the only time you can’t get off is when it’s moving between the decks. Maybe a 2 minute trip.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zestyzorra said:

What if you have to go to the bathroom when you're on it? You just have to wait?

Get off.  It stops on deck 5 for about 30 minutes, takes 5 minutes or so to ride to deck 8 and again stops for 30 minutes.  Unless you can’t hold it for the 5 minute ride up or down, shouldn’t be an issue.  It was my husband’s favorite bar on Harmony.  We are staying on deck 8 this time just for that!

• Thanks 1

In my experience on Harmony the transit time was exactly 7 minutes. I timed it several trips. It departs the current location and moves to the new location in 7 minutes then just sits there (doors open) until time to move again.

Edited by ScubaCat3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingLover said:

We've been on Oasis before but we had our young children with us so we didn't do this so I have many questions:

1) Do you recommend the Rising Tide Bar?

2) How does it work, do you need to make a reservation?

3) If no reservation, is the line long, and if so how soon should we stand in line?

4) Does it run during certain times?

5) Are you allowed to just stay on or do they kick you off and you wait in line to "ride" again?

6) Do you rise and come down immediately 1 time or do you rise, stay up for a bit then come down?

7) How long is the entirety of the experience?

😎 Where does it rise to?

9) Is there only 1 entrance to it and, if so, where is that? If not, where are the locations to enter?

10) Any other information you can share?

Thanks!

Way too many questions.  This is not a ride, or amusement but a bar, that you get stuck on when it moves.  Yes, it has times to get on, but that is because it moves.  it moves slowly.  I honestly never bothered because, it's a bar, that moves and you are stuck on it, until it stops. I also would not call it an experience, but rather a bar that moves. (unless you like elevators with glass windows but you can grab a drink and ride those also!)

Edited by Joseph2017China
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, queenfrostine22 said:

It's a nice place for a drink or two. It does get warm when it is up at the top.

I don't ever remember a line.

Got lucky and happened to be on it when a parade or show was  going on. Great views if you can get it.

We had the exact opposite bad luck. Had a fantastic spot to watch the Halloween parade on Symphony,  Just as the parade started the rising tide bar lifted about 10 feet, stopped for the whole parade and cut out the view for dozens. Apparently the bar was for a handful of pinnacles. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

3 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Way too many questions.  This is not a ride, or amusement but a bar, that you get stuck on when it moves.  Yes, it has times to get on, but that is because it moves.  it moves slowly.  I honestly never bothered because, it's a bar, that moves and you are stuck on it, until it stops. I also would not call it an experience, but rather a bar that moves. (unless you like elevators with glass windows but you can grab a drink and ride those also!)

Not like it moves constantly.  You are “stuck” for a few minutes and it’s not like you can’t get off before it starts to move.  The waitstaff standing next to the gate is a pretty clear sign to get off if you don’t WANT to move.  

34 minutes ago, loman said:

I have been on many Oasis class ships and not once did i have the desire 

to get on it.

Don’t know why.  It’s a bar like any other on board.  Fewer patrons & IMO better service.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

I apologize. Figured it would be better to get my questions all in 1 spot instead of multiple posts.