Flight check in and boarding pass while on board?

PaperSniper4

On Celebrity I always go to the purser's desk and 24 hours in advance request them to check us in for our return flight. Never a problem and I always get a printed boarding pass. I know I can do that if I use my tablet/phone/pc, but I prefer having a printed boarding pass.

Is that courtesy available on Princess? We have a C2 cabin if that makes any difference. Thanks.

Doug

32 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

On Celebrity I always go to the purser's desk and 24 hours in advance request them to check us in for our return flight. Never a problem and I always get a printed boarding pass. I know I can do that if I use my tablet/phone/pc, but I prefer having a printed boarding pass.

Is that courtesy available on Princess? We have a C2 cabin if that makes any difference. Thanks.

Doug

Wouldn’t hurt to ask.  You could also checkin on your phone, and then go to the internet cafe and print out your BP.

You’ll have a digital check in and paper if you want it.

If you’re checking a bag, you can just print it out at the airline kiosk when you check in at the terminal. You need a baggage tag anyway.  You don’t say what airport this is.

On Princess ships there are computers and printers in the Internet Cafe on each ship. The Internet Cafe Manager is there at certain hours to help, check the Patter for times.

You have to have WiFi (Plus, Premier, purchased separate, for the day) to check in on your flights on your phone or a computer in the Internet Cafe.  You can use the computers and printers in the Internet Cafe for WiFi to do your check in and to print your boarding pass.

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Port Everglades, DL airlines, Celebrity Reflection Nov 2023.

Thanks.

Please clarify, because I don't know why you are asking about Princess if you are on a Celebrity cruise. If you are on X, then just do what you've always done. If you are on Princess, you will need WiFi  and print your own using a computer/printer from the Internet Cafe. 

4 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Port Everglades, DL airlines, Celebrity Reflection Nov 2023.

Thanks.

If you are in a Celebrity cruise why are you asking about what happens on Princess ?  I haven’t used a printed boarding pass for years

7 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

Just so you know Princess uses an S category( not C2) for their Suites .

so are you in an S2 room on Princess and what ship? Others may be able to answer based upon that.

You might be able to get concierge or guest services to print out your boarding pass for you if you’re in a suite, Regular room no.

If you go to the Internet café ,that is if they’re still have one on your particular ship you can possibly print out items ,there may be a fee involved. Of Course you would have to have Internet access to do this. And if you’re on Southwest Airlines trying to check in at exactly 24 hours ,don’t think Princess would do that for you at all.

Can you imagine  everyone that has a flight  going 24 hours before to guest services/ pursers to have this done ,next to impossible. 

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

Just so you know Princess uses an S category( not C2) for their Suites .

so are you in an S2 room on Princess and what ship? Others may be able to answer based upon that.

You might be able to get concierge or guest services to print out your boarding pass for you if you’re in a suite, Regular room no.

If you go to the Internet café ,that is if they’re still have one on your particular ship you can possibly print out items ,there may be a fee involved. Of Course you would have to have Internet access to do this. And if you’re on Southwest Airlines trying to check in at exactly 24 hours ,don’t think Princess would do that for you at all.

Can you imagine  everyone that has a flight  going 24 hours before to guest services/ pursers to have this done ,next to impossible. 

Thank you for that information. It's been a bad day. Slowly trying to recover from a long illness. Yes, we are in a mini-suite on the Ruby. (It's on a Celebrity ship that we are in a C2 cabin). Lately I have been working on transportation, airlines, hotels, etc on both cruise lines and the cruise planning wires have gotten twisted this morning. Should have waited until my second cup of coffee before posting, sorry.

Never had any issues with a Celebrity ship asking the purser's desk to check us in and print boarding passes, but then we have been in Concierge cabins if that makes a difference. I don't think it does. That's the last few cruises we've done; the one of the Ruby in March 2023 will be out first Princess cruise since Fall 2019, and I've gotten how I handled the airline check in. I think we used Princess EZ Check or whatever it's called.

I realize that not everyone needs to ask help from the purser's office, and most cruisers tend to use their electronic devices to do things that I prefer not to do. If the purser's office cannot check me in and print the boarding pass, I will  go to the internet cafe and ask for help.

Thanks to all you gave helpful info.

Doug

Doug

• Thanks 1

In general, I haven't printed boarding passes at home when flying since before the illness I shall not mention.  Last flight I took I used the virtual boarding pass on the airline app.  Most of the airline apps will put the boarding pass in the wallet on your phone (iPhone for reference) so you don't even have to open the airline app to have the boarding pass handy.  Only thing that would be a problem with this would be if your phone died, but any experienced traveler that relies on their phone while in transit always has at least one charged battery bank in their carry-on (yes, yes, I'm assuming and you know what that means).

And before I started using the digital boarding passes I didn't bother printing them out at home, I just got them at the kiosk in the airport when I arrived.  I might still check in at home or on the airline app 24 hours ahead (almost an obligatory action if flying Southwest), but wouldn't bother trying to print anything at that time.  You can always get a boarding pass at the airport from the kiosk at baggage check, even if you are not checking luggage.

Having a boarding pass doesn't guarantee that you will have a seat on an overbooked flight.  Any more the boarding pass is there for TSA to let you into a security line and something for the gate crew to use to expedite checking you in when they start boarding the aircraft.

PaperSniper4- well a mini suite is not a full suite on Princess, so I doubt you’ll get any help printing your boarding pass out by guest services/ purser or suite concierge since you don’t qualify for that.But I guess you may ask.

Do you have Internet minutes ?like do you have a package? If not just go to the Internet café hopefully ,somebody can help you check in for your flight and print yourself a boarding pass. 

As others have said check out EZ check. I’ve never used it so I never thought of it for a way to check in and boarding pass. I know that there’s a fee for this service  just so others don’t think you can just go to Guest services and get this. 

Edited by arizonaperson

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thank you for that information. It's been a bad day. Slowly trying to recover from a long illness. Yes, we are in a mini-suite on the Ruby. (It's on a Celebrity ship that we are in a C2 cabin). Lately I have been working on transportation, airlines, hotels, etc on both cruise lines and the cruise planning wires have gotten twisted this morning. Should have waited until my second cup of coffee before posting, sorry.

Never had any issues with a Celebrity ship asking the purser's desk to check us in and print boarding passes, but then we have been in Concierge cabins if that makes a difference. I don't think it does. That's the last few cruises we've done; the one of the Ruby in March 2023 will be out first Princess cruise since Fall 2019, and I've gotten how I handled the airline check in. I think we used Princess EZ Check or whatever it's called.

I realize that not everyone needs to ask help from the purser's office, and most cruisers tend to use their electronic devices to do things that I prefer not to do. If the purser's office cannot check me in and print the boarding pass, I will  go to the internet cafe and ask for help.

Thanks to all you gave helpful info.

Doug

Doug

Doug, I hope you recover quickly.

If you use EZ Check, which let them know at Guest services about 4 days before disembarking that you would like to use it.  DL does participate. GS will send your baggage tags and boarding passes to your cabin.  So you won’t even have to bother.  So be sure to ask when you get onboard.

One tip:  print out your eticket receipt from DL, as you will need this for GS to approve your EZ Check. Must show names, ticket and flight information.

Get well soon…you have a ship to catch.

When Elite had 150 free minutes, I never used them all up.  The day before disembarkment day, I would be in the Internet Cafe doing my boarding pass.  There would be others asking how much it would cost to use the computer to the same as me.  I would ask them if they wanted to use my minutes to check in and print their boarding pass.  They were so happy for the offer.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

PaperSniper4- well a mini suite is not a full suite on Princess, so I doubt you’ll get any help printing your boarding pass out by guest services/ purser or suite concierge since you don’t qualify for that.But I guess you may ask.

Do you have Internet minutes ?like do you have a package? If not just go to the Internet café hopefully ,somebody can help you check in for your flight and print yourself a boarding pass. 

As others have said check out EZ check. I’ve never used it so I never thought of it for a way to check in and boarding pass. I know that there’s a fee for this service  just so others don’t think you can just go to Guest services and get this. 

We have the "Princess Plus" on this cruise, so we'll have internet minutes. We have used EZ-Check a lot in the past, and it's worked well. I understand there were some problems with it in the last year or so.....if anyone has tried it fresh feedback will be welcome.

2 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We have the "Princess Plus" on this cruise, so we'll have internet minutes. We have used EZ-Check a lot in the past, and it's worked well. I understand there were some problems with it in the last year or so.....if anyone has tried it fresh feedback will be welcome.

Not a mini-suite cruiser and only Princess standard ex the 1 time i had a free upgrade but that said I've just gotten it done for free at internet cafe & GSD. I've heard others go to crew chat, put in the request, pick up at GSD as well. 

The simplest task was the internet cafe

We got off the Regal in January.  If you had purchased an internet packaging through the ship & still had minutes (Princess Plus or any other way) there was no charge to print your boarding pass in the internet cafe.  Not sure if the staff had to be there or if you could do it when they weren't (he was there when we printed it off).