​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

On 1/28/2023 at 1:24 PM, brillohead said:

For John and company... I'm on again next week for the third leg of my B3B!  It's gonna hurt going home, though -- the Midwest has gotten one heck of a snowstorm this week.

I really enjoyed following your journey this week. Thanks. 

P.S. very nice that you gave your free pic to the couple from dinner. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

@brilloheadand @Ozark_Kid Thanks for doing this review. Glad that you both enjoyed the cruise.

Wishing you both happy travels- either enjoying the ship for this week or flying home today.

MJ🙋🏻

It is always great to meet people on a cruise that you post to on line.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I just don't see the point of them..

I like to go just to hear the Captain and the Director speak.  I learn lots of news that way.  It's something to do.  On Odyssey, the excellent violinist from The Book played for us, she is spectacular. 

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, minnie00 said:

$250 to go to IAH .....wow.....its only 2 of us but was thinking of doing Lyft XL...maybe I will rethink that.

They offer Luxury XL and XL.  Luxury XL is much more reasonable.  With 2, you don't need the Luxury XL. 

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I like to go just to hear the Captain and the Director speak.  I learn lots of news that way.  It's something to do.

That’s how i see it too.  I find the numbers interesting and info they give interesting.  On our last cruise we had had good conversation with 3 of the top 5 in the CL.  Very good people I hope to see again (not always the case). That made it fun on that particular cruise.  Maybe one day for us but that’s a pretty big number of points to hit just to make pin not to mention top cruiser!  We’ve probably got another 40 years of cruising so who knows.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Odyssey is $24.99 this week. I came out ahead buying during the black Friday sale rather than using C&A which is $59.99 off of the Voyage package (8 nights). 

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Pretty sure I saw $24.99 on a sign in the Promenade last week, too.  

@h20skibum I'll see if I can mosey past the Specialty Dining desk and see if they're offering anything.  I know that nobody came through the MDR and offered any special deals to me either of the last two weeks.

Thank you both. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Oh @Sea DogGuess what this is. It is very good but I give the edge to Baileys It has a smoother taste. 

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

OK, another design issue with this ship. If you go outside on deck five you not only can't get to the bow like O class but you can't get to the stern either. You run into bulkhead going forward and aft. I don't like that. 

Sorry, posted both of these on the wrong thread. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@brillohead and @Ozark_KidThanks for your wonderful information! Sounds like a great time. 

Have you noticed any “diet” cocktail mixers on Allure, besides Coke Zero, etc.? It would be awesome if they had diet tonic, diet ginger beer or sugar free simple syrup! I know, I know, it’s vacation so I shouldn’t worry, but those mixers are chock-full of refined sugar and that’s a no-no for me. 

Chelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Several pages ago, someone was asking about the appetizers in the Diamond Lounge. 

I stopped by tonight and took some pictures:

IMG_20230129_165809722.thumb.jpg.870654d17ef2973b48211fdf39ae8b79.jpg

IMG_20230129_165821955.thumb.jpg.46b273a99355f231295a3bdd85a593de.jpg

IMG_20230129_165850886.thumb.jpg.faf0e683d6a79737f4b17ee9ca8b67c7.jpg

IMG_20230129_165903514.thumb.jpg.6306aef2d55e49470ade478ccae1dc00.jpg

Quite a spread, Looks amazing.

Thank you for posting pictures of the Diamond Lounge.

I wanted to see what they were serving there.

Looks pretty nice.

• Like 2

We have landed safely in LR.  We will now be heading to see some Grandkids!  We had a rough flight for a while.  Felt like we were on a horseback excursion. 😂 

SIL dropped are car off earlier at the airport.  It was parked in the 1st row outside the luggage pickup wing!  Easy. 

This is why I love flying. 

20230129_163141.thumb.jpg.753ef35f53dc27457d08c1aedda50c29.jpg

20230129_163253.thumb.jpg.f5d07c9ad8853c81f59cfd24baf347e0.jpg

20230129_163457.thumb.jpg.e3e447c025aeb96c5e27332c9ed33d53.jpg

• Like 16

47 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did you have to do the muster station last week when you were staying in the same room? 

Yes. Every cruise, same room or not.  I'm actually in the same Muster Station even though I'm on a different deck this week.

• Like 2

I've definitely enjoyed the conversations the last week or so. It makes me get more excited that the cruise is just around the corner, the 12th. I am so jealous of your B3B. One of these days I may get to do that too.

Safe travels everyone. I'm looking forward to the rest of the posts coming.

Gloria

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We're still waiting for the rest of the story about @Ozark_Kid hitting on some young pretty thing in front of his wife and @brillohead 😮

So there was a debate if Momma Mia had a new Sophie.  I thought she didn't look like the same Sophie when we watched Momma Mia in October.  We were trying to figure it out.

I met an older couple that said they went to the show and sat next to the real mom of Sophie (Caitlin McCusker) and said she is a substitute to the original Sophie.  That ended up being false or a misunderstanding. 

We Googled Allure Mamma Mia cast and it showed several different cast. None matched the current cast.  

We never figured it out.  As we were partying in the Schooner in walks Sophie along with her mom and another who I am guessing was her brother.  

That's her! Over there, that's her! Now I can get the answer!... Billo quickly says, leave her alone John.... But... No, leave her alone.  Sharon.... No more than 3 lines... Brillo... Two lines....

And off I go! 

Hey!  You did such a great job playing Sophie!  She flashes a beautiful smile along with twinkling eyes She replied, Thanks so much! I am happy you said that!.... Is this your mom?... Yes.... I have to ask you (I sit down) were you playing Sophie last October on Allure?... She replied, Some of October, when we're you on?  

Turns out She was on when we were.  The reason she looked different was because she had straight hair in October and curly hair this time. Which I verified during the 3 very very long lines.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 4