Responses from Celebrity?

D C

2 minutes ago, D C said:

I sent a general "goodbye celebrity" email to the engagement center and "Lisa's" email as posted. Commented how the changes in multiple areas (being specific) along with increased prices was driving us away.  Added that for the first time since we started sailing we don't have a Celebrity cruise booked, and that we had 2 on other lines.  

I rec'd a phone call within 48h.  Essentially "do you have anything else to add?" with a dose of "we appreciate you" that carried on for far too long.  I asked if she had any questions for me based on my email and the answer was no. Just a touch point for me to comment more.  A quick summary by me, an apathetic (but we appreciate you!) response from them and that was that.  Nothing close to "I'm sorry" or anything of the sort.  

Strangely, despite their insistence, I hung up not feeling particularly appreciated. 

Sad,  but at least they called back.  But why bother if this is their response?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Sad,  but at least they called back.  But why bother if this is their response?

That's basically how I walked away from the conversation.  There was no "we're making adjustments" or "need to manage our costs" or "reduce waste", etc.   Nothing to convey that they even acknowledge the cuts are affecting guest experience.  It was downright weird to be honest.  Just an amazingly generic "we appreciate our guests and feedback". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, miched said:

The best thing to do is to submit a comment to detail card when on board

Then when doing the survey rate the areas that don’t relate to service unless that is needed as a 1 if you aren’t happy.  

Don’t give them a 10 in areas that have been cut, give it a 1

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Def do this (I do) but I seriously doubt much will come from it.  Bookings need to be affected in order from them to take action

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I wish they would include AQ in dropping AI.    We would probably book in that category so we don' t  double pay for Zenith Benefits.    As Suite Passenger there is not longer any benefit to be Zenith. 

Why not book Concierge with a speciality dinning package ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Why not book Concierge with a speciality dinning package ? 

Or a verandah, really.  Sunset veranda with a specialty package would seem like a nice option. 

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I do believe when you talk to them you truthfully state due to the price increase and cutbacks you are considering other lines such as princess, Oceania, etc

Absolutely! 

I'm planning a follow-up email to reflect on my experience with Princess this past week.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, vkb2751 said:

we submitted the comment card on day 3 of the cruise re reduced menu in MDR and OVC and didn’t get any response from Hotel Director or anyone else. Also wrote comments on survey but no response so far! We were on Beyond sailing 1/8/23.

It has been years since I got any response to a comment on the post cruise survey.  
The survey responses are compiled and averaged and the comments may be included.  But if 50% of the passengers on a sailing fill out the survey and 50% added a comment, either positive or negative, that’s about  5000 a week (10 ships x 500).  The comments get consolidated in general themes.  I did Corporate surveys for a few years and it’s possible things have changed.  However I doubt it if they changed significantly enough that any senior management team will read through thousands of comments, they want a Executive Summary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D C said:

I sent a general "goodbye celebrity" email to the engagement center and "Lisa's" email as posted. Commented how the changes in multiple areas (being specific) along with increased prices was driving us away.  Added that for the first time since we started sailing we don't have a Celebrity cruise booked, and that we had 2 on other lines.  

I rec'd a phone call within 48h.  Essentially "do you have anything else to add?" with a dose of "we appreciate you" that carried on for far too long.  I asked if she had any questions for me based on my email and the answer was no. Just a touch point for me to comment more.  A quick summary by me, an apathetic (but we appreciate you!) response from them and that was that.  Nothing close to "I'm sorry" or anything of the sort.  

Strangely, despite their insistence, I hung up not feeling particularly appreciated. 

I'm willing to bet the people who call you on the phone are far removed from the Executive Offices.  They are probably the equivalent of call center employees albeit more professional and polite.  Their job is to make customers feel better.  When X decided to make these changes I'm sure they expected a flood of communications from disgruntled customers and staffed up a "response staff" to deal with it.  The only upside besides making people feel "heard" is that they probably keep tally of the complaints and produce reports that go to management.  Much like when you contact your congressperson about a particular piece of legislation.  Your specific conversation is never relayed to the congressperson, but he/she is given a periodic tally of how many constituents contacted the office on a particular piece of legislation and how many were for or against it.

• Like 2

Odd that for Royal Carribean changes were part of a roll, with announcement, a cohesive set of changes to dining (e.g , theme nights, etc.), and have been the subject of interviews, news reports with the company talking points, etc.  Celebrity is crickets on changes and yet is paying someone to make outbound phone calls!  While it's kind of the like the onboard experence where they will serve bologna with a smile, why is their plan some random stuff on the buffet and let messaging twist in the wind?  Do they think the changes will have no impact?  Are they trying to tank the company?  Poorly managed and overseen by corporate?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, virginconvert said:

I, personally, am absolutely delighted with the cutbacks — especially to the Ocean View Cafe where SO much food is prepared for dinner and relatively few wanting to enjoy it. I also think the charge for second lobster tails is a good idea to stop the greedy gobble gannets putting the price up for everyone else. It is evident Celebrity - as expressed in their marketing materials - is wanting to attract a younger, wealthier demographic. That might not suit me, but I appreciate they are trying to find a point of differentiation....For those who are upset, there is always Carnival Cruise line!!

since you don't go to the OVC for dinner it doesn't affect you but it does affect me as I do not want to spend dinner in the MDR dressed up for 1-2 hrs falling asleep.  I prefer to spend my vacation at the buffet on Celebrity which I always enjoyed.  I have always noticed a lot of people in the buffets and here's why. Its informal.  You grab and go.  You can eat in 20 maybe 30 minutes.  You don't have to sit 2 ft from the next table hearing their conversation.  You can actually watch them make your food.  The ice cream is right there.  There's a bar there.  The turn around time is much faster than the MDR.  I also see a lot of families with young children (younger people...).  I have seen multiple families gathering informally.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, D C said:

The responses seem to be following a similar pattern to the AI saga. On board the CC Hosts had so many "comments'", they were banned from calling them complaints, that that they were instructed to send in details every day instead of at the end of each cruise. Corporate responded to written complaints in the manner described, you wouldn't expect any one individual to admit X was wrong. By December 21 I, and I am sure others, received responses stating " they appreciated that not everyone wanted a drinks package nor unlimited WiFi and were working to correct the matter" . It then took until sailings after September 2022 for Complosary AI to be dropped. What will also help is if passengers stick together and don't adopt the "it doesn't affect me" attitude as I believe that this was one thing that slowed down the dropping of compolsary AI. I. e. Lots of passengers who liked AI were not prepared to add to their comments that it should be optional.

5 hours ago, mnocket said:

I'm willing to bet the people who call you on the phone are far removed from the Executive Offices.  They are probably the equivalent of call center employees albeit more professional and polite.  Their job is to make customers feel better.  When X decided to make these changes I'm sure they expected a flood of communications from disgruntled customers and staffed up a "response staff" to deal with it.  The only upside besides making people feel "heard" is that they probably keep tally of the complaints and produce reports that go to management.  Much like when you contact your congressperson about a particular piece of legislation.  Your specific conversation is never relayed to the congressperson, but he/she is given a periodic tally of how many constituents contacted the office on a particular piece of legislation and how many were for or against it.

Good summary. I have no reasonable expectation that the person calling even knows where Lisa's office is located, let alone has any sort of direct line to the senior executives. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, virginconvert said:

I, personally, am absolutely delighted with the cutbacks — especially to the Ocean View Cafe where SO much food is prepared for dinner and relatively few wanting to enjoy it. I also think the charge for second lobster tails is a good idea to stop the greedy gobble gannets putting the price up for everyone else. It is evident Celebrity - as expressed in their marketing materials - is wanting to attract a younger, wealthier demographic. That might not suit me, but I appreciate they are trying to find a point of differentiation....For those who are upset, there is always Carnival Cruise line!!

And this thread has nothing to do with the cutbacks. Loads of other threads on those. Unless, of course, you sent Celebrity a congratulatory thank-you message and received a response. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, virginconvert said:

Just curious,  have you actually  eaten the recent version of a lobster tail on X.. ? sweet but teenie weenie!   

young wealthy cruisers tend to enjoy excellent food..which does not include 3 tiny burnt to a crisp veggies at Luminae or bologna for dinner at the buffet.

X  food and bev could still serve decent  QUALITY food..just prepare  smaller QUANTITIES based on usage  of the venue and waste! That's for  food mgmnt  to figure out....not use as an excuse!

disatisfaction by experienced X cruisers does not make them " greedy gobble gannets" (?) or folks needing  to move to Carnival..heard they and other lines are managing food costs and supply issues much better

• Like 13

13 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

That is great if you are on board, but thousands and thousands of us have an upcoming cruise.  I am hoping that the changes in the OV will be modified before our journey.

I am sailing on 02/03 and was hoping they'd at least add a few more choices before then. 

11 hours ago, virginconvert said:

My initial thought was that this must be satire, but now I wonder if you're serious.  It constantly amazes me how differently people respond to the same circumstance.  I guess it's what maintains the karmic balance of the world🙂

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

My initial thought was that this must be satire, but now I wonder if you're serious.  It constantly amazes me how differently people respond to the same circumstance.  I guess it's what maintains the karmic balance of the world🙂

I thought the same.  They arent young and they applaud the decision to market to younger people and worry about wasting food.  🤔

4 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Hi....Above is the wrong email address.  The upper cases should be:  lLutoff-Perlo@celebritycruises.com (see post #15).

Thanks. I already got a call (on Sunday) and they promise to follow up with Accounting tomorrow. I really think this time I’ll get my credit. She gave me her name and direct phone number.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, D C said:

I sent a general "goodbye celebrity" email to the engagement center and "Lisa's" email as posted.

🤣

Why does this remind me of the types that post (weekly) that they are leaving Facebook yet continue to post hourly life updates. So long!

• Haha 1

Shortly after LLP took over the helm of X, we noticed multiple cut-backs, coupled with price increases, and posted here our dissatisfaction.  We also made our issues clear in post cruise surveys.  But LLP continued her campaign of a "death by a thousand cut-backs" and apparently thinks her approach is correct.  We finally concluded that nothing was going to improve until there was a management change (at the top) and accordingly stopped cruising X.  Instead, we have been cruising on Seabourn (actually less expensive than X retreat suites), Princess and MSC (Yacht Club) with very positive results.  We recently booked Explora Journeys (a new luxury line) and are also looking at some future bookings on Oceania and Azamara.  Recently we took another look at X and were again turned-off by the ridiculous prices in the Retreat suites.  X is a decent mass market line charging luxury line prices for their retreat suites and overcharging (when compared to some of their competition) in many other lower categories.

IMHO, writing letters to X simply falls on death ears.  Someday we would like to resume our cruises on X but we fear that will not happen until LLP has moved on to greener pastures.

Hank

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1