Check In without final payment

loecki1976

Hi,

I am just curious and thinking about the online check procedure.

My Check In opens March 2nd, and final payment is due March 17th. Will it be possible to check in without having done the final payment? Or could I check in, and do payment afterwards?

Thanks for your help.

I would call whoever you are booked with and ask.   I doubt very much you will be able to pay until final payment is made.   At least I couldn't on a last minute cruise.  

Having said that -  give it a try -   If unavailable the link will not be active.

I suspect you may be booked with an agent on a group cruise as Celebrity's Terms are

image.thumb.png.7cf19e5c66366ff1c79a10ea32c9e9bf.png

• Like 3

Sorry, that it is wrong that you generally have 75 days, maybe in the US. But I booked at german official Celebrity website, and my booking confirmation says final payment due 30 days before sailing.

And my Online Check In already starts earlier than that.

Beside that, I called Celebrity hotline, answer was "Maybe you can check in, maybe not, I don't know...". Okaaaayyyy....

9 hours ago, verizon said:

I need some pop corn

I am sorry if I asked something stupid, that was honestly not my intention, but I didn't find any answer yesterday, so I asked (which is in MY opinion ok in CC Board....). Maybe my bad english, I am sorry for that.

Edited by loecki1976

5 hours ago, loecki1976 said:

Sorry, that it is wrong that you generally have 75 days, maybe in the US. But I booked at german official Celebrity website, and my booking confirmation says final payment due 30 days before sailing.

And my Online Check In already starts earlier than that.

Beside that, I called Celebrity hotline, answer was "Maybe you can check in, maybe not, I don't know...". Okaaaayyyy....

I am sorry if I asked something stupid, that was honestly not my intention, but I didn't find any answer yesterday, so I asked (which is in MY opinion ok in CC Board....). Maybe my bad english, I am sorry for that.

Your English is fine and your question is reasonable. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 5

I believe you cannot check in until final payment is received. In 2021 Celebrity canceled our Infinity cruise 60 days before it was to depart in August. We had made final payment and decided to replace that cruise with another on Equinox and use the 125% FCC (Future Cruise Credit) from the canceled cruise to pay for the new one. The Equinox cruise departed Aug 27th and the FCC was not credited until August 5th. At that time it took Celebrity about 45 days to process FCC's. We could not check in until the FCC was credited on Aug 5th even though Celebrity knew the FCC would be forthcoming. There is really no advantage with checking in early so just wait until you make final payment then check in.

Edited by terrydtx

52 minutes ago, natshala said:

Your English is fine and your question is reasonable. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

38 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I believe you cannot check in until final payment is received. In 2021 Celebrity canceled our Infinity cruise 60 days before it was to depart in August. We had made final payment and decided to replace that cruise with another on Equinox and use the 125% FCC (Future Cruise Credit) from the canceled cruise to pay for the new one. The Equinox cruise departed Aug 27th and the FCC was not credited until August 5th. At that time it took Celebrity about 45 days to process FCC's. We could not check in until the FCC was credited on Aug 5th even though Celebrity knew the FCC would be forthcoming. There is really no advantage with checking in early so just wait until you make final payment then check in.

Thank you both so much for your help and kind words. Really appreciate that.😇

So I think I will wait until final payment - and check in later.

But I am still wondering why the payment date is so different. 75 Days is - in my opinion - very early. 

9 minutes ago, loecki1976 said:

But I am still wondering why the payment date is so different. 75 Days is - in my opinion - very early. 

Are you booking from the US or another country?

10 minutes ago, loecki1976 said:

Some cruise lines like Viking Ocean and River require final payment 12 months or more in advance, so 75 days is not bad in comparison. With celebrity most of our cruises are over 10 days, so we have final payment in USA for 90 days out.

Edited by terrydtx

3 minutes ago, journeymore said:

Are you booking from the US or another country?

The OP said in an earlier post she booked with a German website. I would assume they have different rules than booking from the US.

Edited by terrydtx

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Some cruise lines like Viking Ocean and River require final payment 12 months or more in advance, so 75 days is not bad in comparison. With celebrity most of our cruises are over 10 days, so we have final payment in USA for 90 days out.

ok, thanks. That’s totally different here

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

The OP said in an earlier post she booked with a German website. I would assume they have different rules than booking from the US.

Exactly, beside the fact I am a ”he”… 🤗

2 minutes ago, Host Anne said:

I doubt anyone can check in before making final payment, regardless of where the cruise was booked.  

I would also assume that, but I was just curious because of final payment after check in date

Looking at the German T&C's, 30 days is normal. I'm relying on Google translate but it definitely says 30 days. Try checking in on the app. It will either let you or it won't. You'll know instantly. 

33 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

Unless you want to board the ship in time for lunch.

Let's be realistic. Lately very few people pay attention to the boarding time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Looking at the German T&C's, 30 days is normal. I'm relying on Google translate but it definitely says 30 days. Try checking in on the app. It will either let you or it won't. You'll know instantly. 

Thanks, I will do that. But ignoring the printed boarding time and break the rules..... HELLO? I am german.....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/27/2023 at 10:26 PM, loecki1976 said:

Hi,

I am just curious and thinking about the online check procedure.

My Check In opens March 2nd, and final payment is due March 17th. Will it be possible to check in without having done the final payment? Or could I check in, and do payment afterwards?

Thanks for your help.

Just saw this and that you booked in Germany.  Then answer is YES.  We booked last year in Germany and could check in immediately when it was opened on App (think 45 days before cruise) and got first slot for check-in.  Our final payment was only later, i.e. 30 days before cruise.  I was very surprised as well that the App worked before our final payment.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Because it is not a boarding time.  The time you select is your check-in arrival time at the terminal.