Where to park at NY port for 10 days

daltonsmom1

If  by "NY" you mean the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, then park at the pier. Very secure and convenient.

Even if you're cruising from the other Port of New York and New Jersey cruise terminals, Brooklyn and Cape Liberty (Bayonne NJ) the same advice applies, park at the official port parking facility.

11 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Have you considered your garage?  You are not that far from an Amtrak station.

Taking Amtrack for the first time next month… seems like a nice option. Would you happen to know how far it is from Penn Station to NCL pier and what transportation is best? Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, Mrdell said:

Taking Amtrack for the first time next month… seems like a nice option. Would you happen to know how far it is from Penn Station to NCL pier and what transportation is best? Thanks so much!

It’s about two miles.  Walkable in good weather if you travel very light, but a New York yellow taxi is likely best option.

45 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

It’s about two miles.  Walkable in good weather if you travel very light, but a New York yellow taxi is likely best option.

Oh wow… closer than I thought! Thanks so much for this information! Greatly appreciated!

If you want to save a few dollars park at the New York Waterway Ferry Terminal parking lot in Weehawken New Jersey. The current price for parking is twenty two dollars a day. After leaving the parking garage you need to take the ferry over to Manhattan. From the ferry terminal to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is a short fifteen minute walk. At the conclusion of your cruise you just head back to the New York Waterway Terminal for the short ten minute ferry ride back to New Jersey.

3 hours ago, Corby114 said:

If you want to save a few dollars park at the New York Waterway Ferry Terminal parking lot in Weehawken New Jersey. The current price for parking is twenty two dollars a day. After leaving the parking garage you need to take the ferry over to Manhattan. From the ferry terminal to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal is a short fifteen minute walk. At the conclusion of your cruise you just head back to the New York Waterway Terminal for the short ten minute ferry ride back to New Jersey.

We did exactly this on a recent trip out of the MCT, and we saved a LOT more than a few dollars  ;o). We stayed at the Residence Inn in Weehawken which is co-located with the ferry terminal and parking garage. Parking is $22/day BTW, the $20 garage is one block north. Even factoring in the $9/pp ferry ride each way, we saved a huge amount over staying in Manhattan and parking at the MCT where hotels and parking are almost twice the price of the NJ equivalents.

I have no idea what the first reply means.  The parking at the Terminal is VERY safe and although it seems expensive it is fairly well priced for Manhattan. And you can't beat the convenience to the ship and to getting across the river towards home after your trip

• Like 1

MCT Terminal parking is usually only open when a ship is calling and only open on the pier that the ship is docking at.

Though I had the luck of leaving from one pier and returning to a different one but with a little extra incentive the porter brought the bags over to the other pier we were parked at.  Left Pier 90 arrived 88.

Rare occurrence, it was Fleet Week on return and the Navy was taking up a lot of berths at 90/92.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 5:42 PM, daltonsmom1 said:

First time crusing out of NY. Can anyone tell us where the best (and most reasonable) place to park our car while we are on a 10 day cruise on the Getaway?

Trinity reservations for park sleep cruise reservations $423.00 included private suv for the 2 of us hotel was Spring Hill suites with breakfast indoor pool and hot tub. Easy peasy!

24 minutes ago, cementhands said:

Trinity reservations for park sleep cruise reservations $423.00 included private suv for the 2 of us hotel was Spring Hill suites with breakfast indoor pool and hot tub. Easy peasy!

The OP doesn't need a hotel/parking/transportation to port package. They live close enough to Manhattan to just drive to the cruise terminal on embarkation day and simply park at the port. Alternatively they could park at Port Imperial in Weehawken NJ and take the ferry across the river, which leaves you a short walk from the cruise terminal.

On 1/27/2023 at 5:42 PM, daltonsmom1 said:

First time crusing out of NY. Can anyone tell us where the best (and most reasonable) place to park our car while we are on a 10 day cruise on the Getaway?

Trinity reservations and park sleeping cruise easy and economical 

We usually park at Meyer's Parking, part of On-Air Parking on West. 43rd St.  If you book at least 4 months in advance it is around $10/day.  DH lets me and luggage off at pier, parks, then walks back to pier around 15 minutes.  When returning from a cruise, we take elevator up to parking area and I wait with luggage while he walks back to get the car and then picks me up.  There are a few chairs there so I can sit while waiting.  Saves a lot of money.

https://www.onairparking.com/

As a New Yorker who takes the commuter rail and a taxi to the pier, I find all of these recommendations very interesting and very viable. Can't believe you can park in Manhattan for $10 a day. May be the city's biggest unknown bargain since the $1 pizza (no more since covid). 

8 hours ago, cantwaitt said:

As a New Yorker who takes the commuter rail and a taxi to the pier, I find all of these recommendations very interesting and very viable. Can't believe you can park in Manhattan for $10 a day. May be the city's biggest unknown bargain since the $1 pizza (no more since covid). 

We’ve parked in the city many times (my husband commuted for years so prefers to drive in), $10 is pretty unheard of (although he managed to find on street parking marathon weekend, shocking). We usually use a parking app (and get dinged for an oversized vehicle), always park at the pier when cruising.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 9:42 AM, njhorseman said:

The OP doesn't need a hotel/parking/transportation to port package. They live close enough to Manhattan to just drive to the cruise terminal on embarkation day and simply park at the port. Alternatively they could park at Port Imperial in Weehawken NJ and take the ferry across the river, which leaves you a short walk from the cruise terminal.

The OP is going on a 10 day NCL cruise, so parking at the port would be 450 plus the Lincoln toll puts it at 465. This would be more expensive than the Trinity option with hotel, parking and shuttle at 423.

34 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The OP is going on a 10 day NCL cruise, so parking at the port would be 450 plus the Lincoln toll puts it at 465. This would be more expensive than the Trinity option with hotel, parking and shuttle at 423.

When I replied the parking charges were $40 per day.  The increase to $45 hadn't been announced. 

There is an additional consideration...time. It's going to take longer to get home using a package at at hotel in NJ. You're going to have to wait for your ride from the cruise terminal to the hotel to arrive to take you back to your car.

There's a way to do this at significantly lower cost. Park at the NY Waterway Port Imperial ferry terminal garage  in Weehawken. Costs  $20 or $22 per day plus less than $10 each way for the short ferry ride across the Hudson, so under $250 total .On the NYC side the ferry terminal is less than a half mile from the cruise terminal...an easy walk if you can handle your luggage. If you can't do the walk there's a free shuttle bus that will drop you across the street from the cruise terminal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, njhorseman said:

When I replied the parking charges were $40 per day.  The increase to $45 hadn't been announced. 

There is an additional consideration...time. It's going to take longer to get home using a package at at hotel in NJ. You're going to have to wait for your ride from the cruise terminal to the hotel to arrive to take you back to your car.

There's a way to do this at significantly lower cost. Park at the NY Waterway Port Imperial ferry terminal garage  in Weehawken. Costs  $20 or $22 per day plus less than $10 each way for the short ferry ride across the Hudson, so under $250 total .On the NYC side the ferry terminal is less than a half mile from the cruise terminal...an easy walk if you can handle your luggage. If you can't do the walk there's a free shuttle bus that will drop you across the street from the cruise terminal. 

Would like to save money, but I travel with a scooter so that complicates things.  We have a 7 day cruise out of Brooklyn in July, so we'll have to accept the 50% increase from 30 to 45 per day, so it'll be 315 for parking.

On Memorial Day 2024, we have a 10 day cruise on the Venezia, so it's 450 at the Manhattan terminal plus toll or see what the cheapest option is between the two NJ hotels either booking it directly or through a third party.  A car service from South Jersey would probably run at least 600 round trip.

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Would like to save money, but I travel with a scooter so that complicates things.  We have a 7 day cruise out of Brooklyn in July, so we'll have to accept the 50% increase from 30 to 45 per day, so it'll be 315 for parking.

On Memorial Day 2024, we have a 10 day cruise on the Venezia, so it's 450 at the Manhattan terminal plus toll or see what the cheapest option is between the two NJ hotels either booking it directly or through a third party.  A car service from South Jersey would probably run at least 600 round trip.

If I were traveling with a scooter the last thing I would do is book a hotel in NJ and then hope there's enough room on whatever vehicle they use for the port shuttle to accommodate passengers, ordinary luggage and your scooter...not to mention the possibility of having to wait somewhere at the cruise terminal for the return transfer.

Paying $$25 or $50 more to park at the port would be worth every penny spent.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2023 at 12:15 AM, cantwaitt said:

I have lived in NY all my life and find it difficult to believe that one can park for $10 a day .