News of Celebrity's demise...

Guest 4-2-N-8

8 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Stateroom is 739 sq. ft.. Verandah is another 211. So, 950 plus another 50 for the new Deck 16 patio areas added for the starboard-side rooms. We were in 15016 on the Beyond for 5 days in November and paid $12,400 (booked in November 2021). 

Patio1.jpg

Interesting.  So, there is no patio for the Portside EV?  Do they have more interior room to make up for the lack of patio space?

15 minutes ago, peanut head said:

So, there is no patio for the Portside EV? 

Portside EV's are in front of Luminae. There's just benches there, as I recall. Starboard side patios are very nice. Peaceful. Almost no traffic. There's a stairway down to the Retreat Lounge next to 15106. 

Luminae.jpg

Patio1.jpg

Patio3.jpg

Patio4.jpg

Edited by danceswithphones
  • Thanks 1

I wonder how many people have been disappointed?  Sad patio, IMHO, but maybe some people are okay with this.  Looks a little like part of a unique garage attached to a large home.  However, I could be wrong, but these photos are making me think about a friend's lovely home, especially with the watering cans.  This idea was actually lovely attached to her garage wih a wall of plants available to sun part of the day.  We actually have an area outside with a "wall" but to keep away any loose/wild golf balls, especially if we are eating outside; however, our fences are made of aluminum and can dent, but are quite close together.  Okay, enough about my thoughts!  

Edited by Lastdance

Just now, Lastdance said:

I wonder how many people have been disappointed?  Sad patio, IMHO, but maybe some people are okay with this.

Not a deal breaker but portside EV's miss out on these. I think the reason they put them on the starboard side is so that people don't smack passersby when opening the door. It's heavy. I had to lean into it. It's in effect a sea door. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I wonder how many people have been disappointed?  Sad patio, IMHO, but maybe some people are okay with this.  Looks a little like part of a unique garage attached to a large home.  However, I could be wrong, but these photos are making me think about a friend's lovely home, especially with the watering cans.  This idea was actually lovely attached to her garage wih a wall of plants available to sun part of the day.  We actually have an area outside with a "wall" but to keep away any loose/wild golf balls, especially if we are eating outside; however, our fences are made of aluminum and can dent, but are quite close together.  Okay, enough about my thoughts!  

Including the peasants like me, they only give us IVs for a patio

• Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 7:01 AM, 4-2-N-8 said:

Le Voyage night one. Tasting menu plus bottle of Taittinger, Comtes de Champagne. They knew we were coming. They had a great table set up and champagne ready the moment I walked in. Exceptional service.

Hi, loved your overview of your experience. Hope you don’t mind me asking, was your Taittinger included? Sailing mid-February in the iconic suite and was curious. Thanks in advance! 

Guest 4-2-N-8
9 minutes ago, Wizwit said:

Hi, loved your overview of your experience. Hope you don’t mind me asking, was your Taittinger included? Sailing mid-February in the iconic suite and was curious. Thanks in advance! 

No problem.

And no, not included. I just like that brand and prefer vintage vs NV.

I believe there is a discount off full bottles (20%) of wine (champagne, of course, included in the discount). 

I have specific vintages I wanted with two different evening meals plus one evening (tonight) where I'm set up with another on my balcony for the evening.

Guest 4-2-N-8
16 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Not a deal breaker but portside EV's miss out on these. I think the reason they put them on the starboard side is so that people don't smack passersby when opening the door. It's heavy. I had to lean into it. It's in effect a sea door. 

Yes. The doors are heavy. I mean capable of cutting off toes heavy.

Guest 4-2-N-8

Eden reserved last night.

Do NOT miss dinner here.

Did a personal meet with chef of this venue in the late afternoon. Offered us a specific table right up front to watch him run the kitchen. He asked our opinion on each item as we finished.

If you have been to LA, at the top of the US Bank building is 71 Above. Similar concept. Chef's table, albeit at 1,000 feet above LA. Watch the kitchen and see all the way to Santa Monica and the coastline at night.

Similar views as the Signature Room on the 95th in John Hancock in Chicago and other locales.

Staff are awesome in Eden. They were on point at every turn.

Retreat sundeck was busy yesterday, went briefly after spa treatments (found two chairs up front and requested they open the umbrella). Awesome views and my SO has had (little) seasickness. Much more steady than small ships. This was a good decision for me (which means us). 🙂

GREAT service team in Retreat sundeck and lounge. They are on it!

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
12 hours ago, RichYak said:

Were there prior reports of Celebrity's demise from Edge Villas? I must have missed them. 😇

My comments are framed around prior reports on this forum of Celebrity failing to live up to historical norms.

I surmise that cuts in some areas may ultimately be reflective of future performance/expectation writ large.

I am simply reporting my first person experience and leave others to judge/compare.

To this point, service and support have been superb.

Incidentally, did Raw on 5 for lunch. Did the half size seafood tower (can't remember what it is called). Excellent decision. Fresh. Crab excellent. Server detailed that the lobster (at least for this venue) arrived alive (think fresh, of course).

I prefer small(er) lobster tails (younger, not tough) vs larger (older, tough). One of those the bigger it is, the older it is, the worse it gets.

Breakfast. Cappuccinos on balcony watching sun come up and daylight bring blue skies (some clouds).

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Guest 4-2-N-8
23 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

What were your specific requests to the butler? I am in an M class suite in May and looking for ideas. Love your posts and pictures.

Laura

Sure.

You can request what you prefer from shoreside. Champagnes for one thing, in my case. Did not want to handcarry aboard myself. If they can get what you want, they will try to do it (but it may add some cost, if not included).

I worked with Celebrity shoreside and OneSpaWorld shoreside to line up 9 spa treatments for myself and S.O. around our dining and shore excursions.

Our butler, Hilario, is a gem. He has a funny way about answering a call. Very funny. Our stateroom attendant is likewise exceptional. You might otherwise construe his bed-making skills as prior military. Those sheets are tighter than a snare drum! 😅

54 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

No problem.

And no, not included. I just like that brand and prefer vintage vs NV.

I believe there is a discount off full bottles (20%) of wine (champagne, of course, included in the discount). 

I have specific vintages I wanted with two different evening meals plus one evening (tonight) where I'm set up with another on my balcony for the evening.

Understood - thanks so much!

34 minutes ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

My comments are framed around prior reports on this forum of Celebrity failing to live up to historical norms.

I surmise that cuts in some areas may ultimately be reflective of future performance/expectation writ large.

I am simply reporting my first person experience and leave others to judge/compare.

To this point, service and support have been superb.

Your comments and experiences are noted and appreciated. You are corroborating what other recent Retreat guests have written--that cutbacks are not being felt by Suite guests and most definitely not by upper suite guests. This is certainly comforting. Thanks and enjoy your cruise!

Just now, RichYak said:

Your comments and experiences are noted and appreciated. You are corroborating what other recent Retreat guests have written--that cutbacks are not being felt by Suite guests and most definitely not by upper suite guests. This is certainly comforting. Thanks and enjoy your cruise!

Rich- we noticed a few minor changes in Retreat Class last week on Equinox.  We were in a CS.  Typically we would get fresh flowers in our cabin and at least some kind of fruit bowl.  Not this time.  We did get the bottle of Celebrity-brand sparkling wine and chocolates on the pillows.  I asked the Retreat Concierge - she said they eliminated the flowers but just ask the butler for the fruit.  Of interest, the next day we had fresh flowers delivered.  All in all. Luminae was great, food was not cut back at all, and the Retreat Lounge was excellent.  We did not use the Retreat Sun Deck.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Love the pictures of this spectacular Suite (Villa).

Considering you mentioned the price point of this trip and another upcoming one, I think that they do (as they should) their utmost to please such high revenue guests. To make someone who drops that kind of money feel any of the cutbacks that regular folks in "steerage" experience would not only be outrageous but potentially lethal if word of that spreads within the circles of this well heeled clientele.

Would you consider booking something like the Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection as an alternative or is that too small for you?

19 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Of what are you skeptical?  Genuinely asking.  

I am .  For that amount of money…it is Queens Grill for me on Cunard which we have sailed many times beginning with the QE2 , QM2, QV.  To each his own if I am wrong but although we are blessed to do as he is doing I would not on Celebrity. Let us see luggage, bathroom with toiletries, etc. There are a lot of influencers on these websites.  perhaps the money is better spent donating to charities which he may do but Not worth it for the Caribbean which islands no disrespect are a dime a dozen. Same with ports in the Med.  I am skeptical and if I am wrong all apologies but…

15 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

I have to take photos as soon as we get into the suite. Otherwise, there's debris in all the pics. We brought junk food so there's Belvita and Goldfish in some. It didn't help that the sliding glass door was stuck. By the time I wanted to take photos, the wife had settled in! 

20221109_092409.jpg

20221108_152857.jpg

20221108_151919.jpg

20221108_151639.jpg

20221108_151433.jpg

More legitimate. I am skeptical of the poster. Not of you though.