New website.

Riocca

4 hours ago, JYDCruise said:

We also got this. It's well written and acknowledges the problem, outlines what they're doing to fix it. Nice job, even if this should have all taken place a couple of months back.

Carol, do you know the coolest part of your email? It's where you say that you have added a dedicated call center option for sailings within 30 days! Hey, that's us!!

Carol, do you know what would make this even better? IF YOU TOLD US HOW TO CONTACT THIS AWESOME DEDICATED CALL CENTER! FYI, I called the normal support line and there was no specific option for sailings in the next 30 days.

(sorry, just getting very frustrated . . . )

I absolutely feel your pain 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JYDCruise said:

We also got this. It's well written and acknowledges the problem, outlines what they're doing to fix it. Nice job, even if this should have all taken place a couple of months back.

Carol, do you know the coolest part of your email? It's where you say that you have added a dedicated call center option for sailings within 30 days! Hey, that's us!!

Carol, do you know what would make this even better? IF YOU TOLD US HOW TO CONTACT THIS AWESOME DEDICATED CALL CENTER! FYI, I called the normal support line and there was no specific option for sailings in the next 30 days.

(sorry, just getting very frustrated . . . )

I suspect we'd all be fuming just as much if that had been written "a couple of months back". 

The generous amongst us will accept that they knew there was a problem then and just kept quiet about it in a hope that it could be fixed quickly.  It would be much worse if they didn't know that the data was all over the place, the single website was displaying different data depending on the browser, and even new bookings were giving problems...

So, one of our cruises looks correct now price wise, although not that easy to sort out as shows different amounts for me and DH. For some reason, it shows insurance for both of us individually (which we did not purchase), but a full credit showing on DH invoice for insurance we did not purchase. But, the bottom dollar is correct (we used our 4 comp nights on this cruise). Until today, the price was nearly double what it should have been. 

The second cruise is still incorrect as we were supposed to receive more status discount. They still have not updated our status/points and it’s been almost 2 months since we got back.

Cabins are correct, but OBC, I’m not sure about.

On my profile, my birthday is wrong (how did that get changed?) and my husband’s birthday does not show up at all.

Progress, but never should have had this disaster.

When we first started cruising (which was only in 2011) none of the things that are driving people crazy about the new Azamara website even existed.  We booked by visiting a travel agent in person, got an email confirmation from her with the cruise line confirmation, booked our own flights (and she booked our hotels), figured out our own shore excursions – and had a great cruise.  If the cruise line had been hacked or had a disastrous software upgrade/transition, we would never have known – or cared!

Maybe computers and smartphones haven't made our lives better... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

When we first started cruising (which was only in 2011) none of the things that are driving people crazy about the new Azamara website even existed.  We booked by visiting a travel agent in person, got an email confirmation from her with the cruise line confirmation, booked our own flights (and she booked our hotels), figured out our own shore excursions – and had a great cruise.  If the cruise line had been hacked or had a disastrous software upgrade/transition, we would never have known – or cared!

Maybe computers and smartphones haven't made our lives better... 

I'm sure your philosophical viewpoint will have reassured some people, but back here in 2023 it hasn't reassured me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

From onboard Azamara Quest, day 9:

This post is for those of you who have an upcoming Azamara cruise, but still can't check-in online.

A while back I posted that I was unable to check-in online and that without any advance notice, pier-side check-in requested to see my COVID vaccination record and a copy of my Sri Lanka and India visas.  At the time I couldn't find my India visa but was allowed to board anyway with instructions to turn it in to Guest Services.  I did so and everything was OK, or so I thought.  Several days later I was informed that the ship did not have a record of my India visa. I again gave it to them.  This happened twice more.  On the day before we arrived in India, we went to pick up out passports and India entry cards that were required to go ashore, only to be told that they couldn't give me mine because they had no record of my India visa.  Eventually Guest Relations straightened it out and gave me a substitute entry card that the Indian officials readily accepted. Then there was the matter of the COVID vaccination cards.  Azamara told us that we needed to take them ashore (although it was my impression that neither Azamara nor India required COVID vaccinations). We took our yellow W.H.O. vaccination records with us, but no one in India cared to see them.

I guess that Azamara's shore-side IT mess does extend somewhat to the ships.  I am another one who will not be booking another Azamara cruise until/unless it is straightened out.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

With some regret, I have cancelled my one upcoming cruise. Just too many issues and I can’t put my TA through any more. We have already cleared our schedules for that time so we will try to book another cruise during that time with another line. We will be back to Azamara when we can actually book a cruise, have our Discoverer status recognized, use our free nights, and receive the FCCs that we are due.

• Like 13

I am so excited.  We got the email telling us we have OBC and how to book. Problem is it is still not showing in our reservation and we no longer have the little pencil on the right side to click on.  So, we can’t even open up the excursions that are available.  One step forward, one step back.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

I am so excited.  We got the email telling us we have OBC and how to book. Problem is it is still not showing in our reservation and we no longer have the little pencil on the right side to click on.  So, we can’t even open up the excursions that are available.  One step forward, one step back.  

I got the same email. I did see the little pencil on the right but when I clicked on it, I got an ERROR message. Will try again another day.

Monica

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

I got the same email. I did see the little pencil on the right but when I clicked on it, I got an ERROR message. Will try again another day.

Monica

I was so excited when I finally saw the pencil! 🙂 But alas, since the OBC is not there I cannot book anything using OBC and also it gave me errors anyway - but it is progress!

On 5/6/2023 at 1:06 PM, K2IE said:

Exactly the situation we're in.  I wrote a letter to Carol Cabezas, short and sweet.  One pager.  It stated the issues with my current booking as reflected on the website and how it used to look before they screwed it all up.  It described the numerous unsuccessful attempts I've made at getting things corrected.  I asked for her to please forward my letter to someone who could fix the booking record.

I suggest we all start sending her letters.  Perhaps that will get her attention.

Carol Cabezas

CEO

Azamara

3059 Grand Ave

Suite 205

Miami, FL 33133

You sent it by "snail mail", or you found an email address?  Wonder how long it will take before you get a response (if ever).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nonrev1 said:

Serious glitches if following the instructions in their email.  First you have to get into the shore excursions section.  Then, "book" the option saying that you want to use your OBC for excursions.  Then, immediately (going back later does not work), select the excursions you want, work your way through to the payment screen, and then (you've got to love this part) "cancel" out of the payment screen (seriously).  If you don't do it all in one continuous process, you need to go back and delete anything you already did (including getting rid of the "use my OBC") and start all over.  On top of it, the pricing (in CA$) of the individual excursions changes depending on which step you are in... and, there is no indication of what kind of exchange rate they are using on the US$.  So, it's impossible to know what your remaining balance on the OBCs is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

Without the stupid little pencil I can’t even get that far. 

Have you tried using a different browser, others have found their booking has different information depending on which browser they use. 

4 hours ago, rickip said:

You sent it by "snail mail", or you found an email address?  Wonder how long it will take before you get a response (if ever).

Both snail mail and then via web form.

Edited by K2IE

3 hours ago, G2G said:

Have you tried using a different browser, others have found their booking has different information depending on which browser they use. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, I had already tried that…plus deleting cookies and history.  

• Like 1

We've been on Quest for over 3 weeks. Have 5 scheduled (around 70 days total) in the future and have never considered cancelling from our experience here on the ground so to speak. 

Everything is not perfect (e.g. took some time to get our TA OBC applied) but largely on par with our previous 200 days or so on these ships. 

And these 2 sailings are pretty complicated what with all of the regulations, immigration with Japan as well as the need for 4 visas for this sailing. I realize some are having issues, unfortunately,  but ours has been very smooth. Submitted our visas on day 1 to GR and no problems with Sri Lanka or India. They are handling Egypt and Jordan so fingers crossed that it goes well.  

Lots of local sourcing of food which has enhanced the experience. Staff friendly and personable. Fly-on entertainment pretty good. Cast very good. 

Although we have a lot of sailings booked with other lines in the future and it would have been easy to jump ship on the 5 Azamara booked, we are staying put 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, G2G said:

If ever there was an indication that all is not well, this is it.

This is a brand-new website from one of the leading providers software in the industry, and they can't even get the same data to display the same value on different browsers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

If ever there was an indication that all is not well, this is it.

This is a brand-new website from one of the leading providers software in the industry, and they can't even get the same data to display the same value on different browsers.

Actually, not incredibly unusual. When developing websites, they have to be intensely tested on all browsers because data can be rendered differently.  And in the push to go live, that may have been shorted, unfortunately. 

Speaking from experience. Somewhat embarrassed  experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Actually, not incredibly unusual. When developing websites, they have to be intensely tested on all browsers because data can be rendered differently.  And in the push to go live, that may have been shorted, unfortunately. 

Speaking from experience. Somewhat embarrassed  experience. 

I'd accept that if it worked on some and not on others.  

But displaying different values is such a fundamental problem, I can't quite believe it's happening.

2 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

I'd accept that if it worked on some and not on others.  

But displaying different values is such a fundamental problem, I can't quite believe it's happening.

It happens.

I am having almost exactly the same problem on Holland America literally this minute. OBC for shore excursions showing totally different values 2 places on their interfaced systems. So if I book a shore excursion no way of finding out what the balance should or will be. 

The sailing isn't for several months so not gonna sweat it. 

4 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

It happens.

I am having almost exactly the same problem on Holland America literally this minute. OBC for shore excursions showing totally different values 2 places on their interfaced systems. So if I book a shore excursion no way of finding out what the balance should or will be. 

The sailing isn't for several months so not gonna sweat it. 

The issue I refer to is not about two different places with two different values - that I can understand.  30+ years in financial services IT working on systems supporting millions of customers tells me that can happen to the best of us.

But folk are reporting two different values in the same place, depending on which browser they use.  You've got to have  a special lack of ability for that to happen.

• Like 1