New website.

Riocca

I just received a text from a client that said "I just got a $2000 credit from Azamara, what's that about?" I asked if the amount he received was for $2114.19, and he said yes. Ugg. Unfortunately, this is the amount of the Air on his reservation. There has been an error regarding the air on his reservation since the migration, which I've been trying to get corrected before the client noticed. I was finally able to communicate with someone at Azamara mid-week last week and was told that they would address the issue and get the air issue corrected.

Now the client has been refunded the money he paid for air, the air is still not corrected on the booking, Azamara will have to charge his cc again for the funds, and the client is left wondering what the heck is going on. He's cruised before but not with Azamara, and I was already giving him reassurances that the missing OBC on his booking would be re-instated, not to worry. Now this mess. 

• Like 3

Well just when I think the website cannot get anymore messed up- I looked into my account(to see if there has been any movement in getting missing loyalty points from a February cruise(not) and I see what has to be one of the strangest errors.

After 11 Azamara cruises since the covid restart, we decided no more until the mess is cleaned up. Up until yesterday, my account correctly reflected no upcoming cruises.

Well today it lists One upcoming cruise- the April 29, 2023 cruise I already completed. And to make it even more ridiculous- when it lists how many days until it sails- it lists Negative 15 days. - so I have an upcoming cruise in negative (-15) days!  So crazy- could not make this stuff up.  Just had to laugh!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, terry&mike said:

I just received a text from a client that said "I just got a $2000 credit from Azamara, what's that about?" I asked if the amount he received was for $2114.19, and he said yes. Ugg. Unfortunately, this is the amount of the Air on his reservation. There has been an error regarding the air on his reservation since the migration, which I've been trying to get corrected before the client noticed. I was finally able to communicate with someone at Azamara mid-week last week and was told that they would address the issue and get the air issue corrected.

Now the client has been refunded the money he paid for air, the air is still not corrected on the booking, Azamara will have to charge his cc again for the funds, and the client is left wondering what the heck is going on. He's cruised before but not with Azamara, and I was already giving him reassurances that the missing OBC on his booking would be re-instated, not to worry. Now this mess. 

Oh no! Does this mean his air reservation has been canceled?

2 hours ago, terry&mike said:

How soon is this client’s cruise?

5 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Oh no! Does this mean his air reservation has been canceled?

I'm thinking that the air has not been actually cancelled, but it could end up that way if I don't get this sorted out soon. 

The client added air on the reservation back in January, for himself at $889.54, and his wife at $1224.65 (they have different air itineraries due to work commitments after the cruise). This equals a total of $2114.19. A few weeks after the data migration, I was able to post their final payment online, and the total showing due was correct. I was aware their OBC was incorrect, but had submitted forms to get this corrected.  After I posted the payment, I electronically requested updated confirmations (both Agent and Guest) showing the booking to be paid in full, which was sent to me via email. Immediately, I noticed at the top that the booking stated "Cruise Only" at the Departure City area of the invoice. In looking at the money breakdown area, there was now a line item showing $2114.19 under the husband's name, and then nothing under the wife's name. The commission was also showing $0, rather than the proper amount. 

I have been chasing a correction in this ever since. In the past week, the booking has changed to have a line item of $33.00 appear under the wife's name, while $2114.19 remained under the husband's name. Then a line item of -$2114.19 was deducted from the booking, and the booking was showing an overpayment. Now the line item under the husband's name is $2097.69, and the line item under the wife's name is $16.50, but the line item of -$2114.19 has been removed, and the booking is showing an amount due of $2114.19, although it still states Cruise Only. The commission has been replaced. 

When I pull up the air on the airline websites using the Record Locators, I can see their air is still booked, but not paid for yet, so I'm hoping I can get the internal accounting sorted out and the air does not get cancelled.

This booking also had a $450 OBC on it ($300 husband, $150 wife), which went to $0. My first submission got it "corrected" to $300, my second submission got it "corrected" to $400, but as of today, it is now back to $0. 

This is just one booking that I am dealing with errors on. Every booking I have has at least one error. I feel like daily I am slogging through an exercise in patience. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JaneStarr said:

How soon is this client’s cruise?

They don't depart until August, so I have a bit of time to get this sorted, but there is no way in any universe that I am going to leave their air to be sorted until they are within 30 days of departure. 

7 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

I'm thinking that the air has not been actually cancelled, but it could end up that way if I don't get this sorted out soon. 

The client added air on the reservation back in January, for himself at $889.54, and his wife at $1224.65 (they have different air itineraries due to work commitments after the cruise). This equals a total of $2114.19. A few weeks after the data migration, I was able to post their final payment online, and the total showing due was correct. I was aware their OBC was incorrect, but had submitted forms to get this corrected.  After I posted the payment, I electronically requested updated confirmations (both Agent and Guest) showing the booking to be paid in full, which was sent to me via email. Immediately, I noticed at the top that the booking stated "Cruise Only" at the Departure City area of the invoice. In looking at the money breakdown area, there was now a line item showing $2114.19 under the husband's name, and then nothing under the wife's name. The commission was also showing $0, rather than the proper amount. 

I have been chasing a correction in this ever since. In the past week, the booking has changed to have a line item of $33.00 appear under the wife's name, while $2114.19 remained under the husband's name. Then a line item of -$2114.19 was deducted from the booking, and the booking was showing an overpayment. Now the line item under the husband's name is $2097.69, and the line item under the wife's name is $16.50, but the line item of -$2114.19 has been removed, and the booking is showing an amount due of $2114.19, although it still states Cruise Only. The commission has been replaced. 

When I pull up the air on the airline websites using the Record Locators, I can see their air is still booked, but not paid for yet, so I'm hoping I can get the internal accounting sorted out and the air does not get cancelled.

This booking also had a $450 OBC on it ($300 husband, $150 wife), which went to $0. My first submission got it "corrected" to $300, my second submission got it "corrected" to $400, but as of today, it is now back to $0. 

This is just one booking that I am dealing with errors on. Every booking I have has at least one error. I feel like daily I am slogging through an exercise in patience. 

It is no wonder that people are reporting Travel Agents steering clients away from Azamara!

9 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

What a nightmare! I really feel for you!

I am thinking a miracle has happened.  I just got on Azamara website and it has everything correct for our June 24 sailing.   I no longer owe money we had already paid in full and no mystery money owed.   I took a screenshot just so when I wake up from this dream I can see it is real!  

• Like 5

I also see an additional cruise when I sign in to my account.  It now shows Japan April 3 2023 as an upcoming cruise and shows a minus number of days.  I guess that means they are even working on the weekend to straighten this mess out.  Still no little pencil to book or even see excursions …no OBC. Maybe tomorrow.  

33 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

I also see an additional cruise when I sign in to my account.  It now shows Japan April 3 2023 as an upcoming cruise and shows a minus number of days.  I guess that means they are even working on the weekend to straighten this mess out.  Still no little pencil to book or even see excursions …no OBC. Maybe tomorrow.  

The guest speaker on that cruise is Christopher Lloyd and his topic is 'back to the future'... 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 5/12/2023 at 11:07 AM, JM0115 said:

IMG_3642.jpeg

IMG_3643.png

IMG_3644.png

I tried these instructions and it just bounced pay to payment after i hit "canceL"

Does the shore ex have to be less than the OBC amount?? The payment screen still shows I owe the full amount, and now the OBC voucher had disappeared as i selected the authorisation to use the OBC for Shore Ex 😞😞

10 hours ago, terry&mike said:

They don't depart until August, so I have a bit of time to get this sorted, but there is no way in any universe that I am going to leave their air to be sorted until they are within 30 days of departure. 

Sounds a challenge. Good luck with it. 

On 5/13/2023 at 1:33 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

When we first started cruising (which was only in 2011) none of the things that are driving people crazy about the new Azamara website even existed.  We booked by visiting a travel agent in person, got an email confirmation from her with the cruise line confirmation, booked our own flights (and she booked our hotels), figured out our own shore excursions – and had a great cruise.  If the cruise line had been hacked or had a disastrous software upgrade/transition, we would never have known – or cared!

Maybe computers and smartphones haven't made our lives better... 

Absolutely, and well said!

Catching up with this thread after a 10 day break, Onward 7 nights from Chioggia (near Venice). My first thought is disbelief that so many are still venting and stressing over stuff they cannot control. We read on here before we left that there was no guarantee the cruise would even sail because the ship was not showing on port schedules, that (for self booked flyers) it would be extremely difficult to get to Chioggia, that there are no taxis at the port, that this is a terrible affliction etc. etc.

So here we are having completed our cruise. Certainly we were not in the slightest concerned, avoided the website, followed the clear email instruction about not being able to check-in on line and simply to turn up. Were we stressed at any point....not even remotely!

We got a taxi direct to our hotel in Chioggia pre-cruise....not cheap but no issues. When we arrived at the hotel, we noticed the ship sailing in for its 1pm arrival for an overnight stop, an amazing sight...so, it was definitely sailing despite the comments. We boarded the following morning, arriving to the cruise terminal by taxi at 11.50....we were on board at the pool bar a couple of minutes before 12.30....effortless to check-in at the pier! We arrived at every port on the itinerary, they even switched the Split and Zadar days, having given emailed prior notice because of a road event scheduled in Zadar on the originally scheduled day....we considered that excellent management, most other lines would have cancelled said port and taken a day at sea! When we debarked guess what....there were a couple of taxis and we returned to our pre-cruise hotel who kindly looked after our luggage until 7pm when we taxied to the airport for our return flight.

Folks, the ships are sailing and the onboard experience is mostly good. I got slated by a good few cheerleaders for giving my honest opinion in December 2019 about our previous Az cruise. This one was similar, mostly good but some of it less so. I am bemused to now see some of those cheerleaders berating Azamara for a disastrous new IT implementation which has absolutely no effect on the onboard experience.

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 10

After waiting for quite some time now, at last I can actually see my booking for a cruise a few weeks from now. Much of the data is wrong. However, at the time of booking, we were in quite a rush dealing with, and taking, another cruise with Azamara, which was imminent at the time, and only made one definite shore excursion reservation for this new trip, because it was for a location we really wished to visit. Just out of interest, my wife took a quick note of some other shore excursions we might wish to take when we had enough time to do our homework... also jotting down the prices involved.

Very shortly thereafter, the website went down, and we could do nothing more. But now, as I say, I can at least look at shore excursions again. Surprise - the cost of these excursions has gone up a fair bit; but even more surprisingly, given that, since our original booking, the £ Sterling has appreciated by around 7% against the $ US, the sterling cost of the shore excursions appears to have risen as well ! So it's not a £/$ currency exchange issue. And, in any event, Azamara presumably has its shore excursions for the sailing season pre-booked with local agencies, and presumably locked in at $ US prices. And if they don't.....well that means that there are potentially even more management issues.

As of now, the cost of the one excursion we originally booked is around 8% higher, in £ STG, than our original booking price. Given that the system failure is, at the end of the day, down to Azamara (they either did not plan, or did not negotiate, well enough for a smooth transition), it's a bit much for the company to be, essentially, profiteering from the delay in allowing access to shore excursion reservations.

Given our experience on our last Azamara cruise, where we noted the on-board prices for those shore excursions which we had booked, these were also elevated when compared to costs prior to boarding. I will have a lot of sympathy for those who may not get access to these services before boarding, as the costs could be significantly in excess of what they might have anticipated at the time of their original booking, even though that might have been just a couple of months ago.

14 hours ago, OkieFive said:

I am thinking a miracle has happened.  I just got on Azamara website and it has everything correct for our June 24 sailing.   I no longer owe money we had already paid in full and no mystery money owed.   I took a screenshot just so when I wake up from this dream I can see it is real!  

Never mind, looked at it again an hour or so later and I owe $1000 again.  So the miracle did not happen.

Edited by OkieFive
need to add an update.
  • Haha 1

I must be out of miracles since I now have no cruises booked. I get it when people say not to stress.  I have already sailed with Azamara at the beginning of this mess.  There were issues onboard and the OBC and being able to prebook your excursions is one of them.   I am very disappointed that Azamara is raising the rates of excursions from pre cruise pricing to onboard pricing.  It would promote a little goodwill for those of us who want to book excursions in advance but have absolutely no way to do it.  And believe me, they need a little goodwill at this point.   

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

I must be out of miracles since I now have no cruises booked. I get it when people say not to stress.  I have already sailed with Azamara at the beginning of this mess.  There were issues onboard and the OBC and being able to prebook your excursions is one of them.   I am very disappointed that Azamara is raising the rates of excursions from pre cruise pricing to onboard pricing.  It would promote a little goodwill for those of us who want to book excursions in advance but have absolutely no way to do it.  And believe me, they need a little goodwill at this point.   

We leave in 13 days. Today we have no cruises booked either when looking at it just now. Hopefully they are setting up online check in for our cruise. It was supposed to start on May 15.  We will see.

6 hours ago, hamrag said:

Catching up with this thread after a 10 day break, Onward 7 nights from Chioggia (near Venice). My first thought is disbelief that so many are still venting and stressing over stuff they cannot control. 

What @hamrag said.

Been trying to say the same from the ground, over 3 weeks on Quest.  Unless flight reservations are involved, all the agony over loyalty points or status, faux balances owed (which goes on and on and on), etc. is causing absolutely unnecessary agony judging from many posts here. 

Deep breath. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, nonrev1 said:

Although every cruise we've ever sailed many or most excursions are more onboard than pre-cruise. 

But no question.This is different. They absolutely should honor the pre-cruise price. No exceptions. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, JM0115 said:

We leave in 13 days. Today we have no cruises booked either when looking at it just now. Hopefully they are setting up online check in for our cruise. It was supposed to start on May 15.  We will see.

We had no online check-in available. At the port, took maybe 20 minutes.  And that included verification of negative Covid test. No need for online check-in. 

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, nonrev1 said:

I did a comparison of the excursions available for our Croatia Intensive cruise last month.  I had to take an estimate of the GBP-USD exchange rate used, but this should be pretty near the mark.

The website update came a couple of weeks before we boarded, and the onboard pricing applied from that point (as opposed to when we were actually onboard).

None decreased, and the increase varied between 14% and 132%
image.png.cf3e7c62895ec4173edc114e772dd61f.png

• Thanks 2

Thanks.  Before our April cruise we were actually able to speak with someone and they advised that they would not honor the preboarding tour prices.  That is just crazy given the situation.  It's not as if we don't want to ....we are unable.  This is definitely a shame on Azamara issue that they can easily resolve.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

I had the same experience this morning. Our cruise starts on May 30. Now I see the booking but it says:

CHECK-IN UNAVAILABLE

We’ll email you when you can check in online.

I will talk to our TA tomorrow because I do have nothing than the receipt of payment .

• Thanks 1