A change of heart at P&O?

pennib

19 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Personal preference I guess. Don't know where you get you will spend a lot of time lounging on the bed. Most of the time people will either be on the balcony or around the ship. Most even stated they use just for sleeping. If people don't take off footwear that is down to them and only affects them no one else. Like I said all they need to do is ask.

Everyone has different views that is fine. It is all personal preference at the end of the day. I wonder how many complain onboard about it or send a message to head office. I bet if they complained onboard then the sheets would be changed every day, every couple of days, how ever often they would like. 

Just been reading another site and interesting a lot saying the same thing changing linen daily, every couple of days etc is not a thing they would like. This was over 4 years ago even mentions Disney changed every 5 days. 

You might not lounge on the bed, we do for after arriving back on the ship and I imagine we’re not the only ones. It was too cold to spend a lot of time on the balcony last week. 

You again mention ‘changing linen daily, every couple of days’. Why? That wasn’t suggested on this thread. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

You might not lounge on the bed, we do for after arriving back on the ship and I imagine we’re not the only ones. It was too cold to spend a lot of time on the balcony last week. 

You again mention ‘changing linen daily, every couple of days’. Why? That wasn’t suggested on this thread. 

Post 90 from what I can see

1 minute ago, carlanthony24 said:

Post 90 from what I can see

I said in #90  every three days or so. That does not equate to every couple of days - the secret is in the word couple, which means two.

Please stop misquoting me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I said in #90  every three days or so. That does not equate to every couple of days - the secret is in the word couple, which means two.

Please stop misquoting me.

Not mis quoting you in the slightest. Every 3 days or so. OR SO being the keyword. Is that every couple of days every 4, 5 days. Not really explaining the or so part....

Edited by carlanthony24

10 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Not mis quoting you in the slightest. Every 3 days or so. OR SO being the keyword. Is that every couple of days every 4, 5 days. Not really explaining the or so part....

No, because if I had meant every couple of days, I would have said so. 

9 hours ago, Ardennais said:

We are NOT discussing what happens at home! That is the whole point. We go on holiday for experiences which are better/different to our everyday life and we pay for it. Otherwise stay at home, cook your own food, clear your own table, wash your own dishes! 

Well we are all different,we go on holiday to see new & different places,often relaxing on the bed after sightseeing,I was brought up properly though so I certainly take my shoes off!😎

54 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Well we are all different,we go on holiday to see new & different places,often relaxing on the bed after sightseeing,I was brought up properly though so I certainly take my shoes off!😎

Good for you. i do too but my father wouldn’t when he came with us as it was quite an effort to get his shoes on in the first place and it would be too much of a faff if he only wanted a quick lie down. 

On 2/20/2023 at 6:26 AM, Snow Hill said:

As are NCL, plus merging of Stateroom Steward and Junior Stateroom Steward with an increase in salary for later, plus scaling back for former. Plus an increase in service charge for guests, so paying more for a poorer service.  They state the change is due to their commitment to reducing impact on environment. 🤔

https://crew-center.com/norwegian-cruise-line-reduce-stateroom-cleaning-services

Saving the environment is corporate claptrap used as an excuse to what they really mean is they are doing it to save money.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Agreed, I am all for any reasonable cost saving, any well run business should be applauded for their actions.

No they shouldn't.  The best of London Hotels would never do this.  What about a luxury department store like Harrod's?  If your going to give up, on matching Cunard, why bother?

8 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

No they shouldn't.  The best of London Hotels would never do this.  What about a luxury department store like Harrod's?  If your going to give up, on matching Cunard, why bother?

Not sure if I understand your rationale.

All businesses need to maximise their profits. 

Put simply, that means increasing prices, or reducing costs.  

So, Harrods, Claridges etc increase prices, because their clientele do not care. 

Mass market companies,  like P&O do not have that luxury, so they need to cut costs so as to still offer prices that are attractive to the mass market,  but at the same time maintain their overall profitability .

Therefore they have to reduce costs. 

Blimey,  I'm going back in time to when I had to produce my annual departmental budget !

• Like 3

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Not sure if I understand your rationale.

All businesses need to maximise their profits. 

Put simply, that means increasing prices, or reducing costs.  

So, Harrods, Claridges etc increase prices, because their clientele do not care. 

Mass market companies,  like P&O do not have that luxury, so they need to cut costs so as to still offer prices that are attractive to the mass market,  but at the same time maintain their overall profitability .

Therefore they have to reduce costs. 

Blimey,  I'm going back in time to when I had to produce my annual departmental budget !

Perfectly explained Wowzz. 

I suppose the hardest part for P&O is making sure the experience still matches the offering... 

Andy 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Perfectly explained Wowzz. 

I suppose the hardest part for P&O is making sure the experience still matches the offering... 

Andy 

Thank you,  kind sir! 

Good to hear from you. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 8:52 AM, pennib said:

Had a letter this morning from Paul Ludlow about reinstating various things such as afternoon tea (but not on Arvia and Iona) and the peninsula cocktail parties. Are these things a sign of someone at P&O listening to concerns expressed on this and other sites?? Discuss.

I normally love the thought of afternoon tea on a non cruise holiday 

On my current Arvia holiday I'm genuinely struggling to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and fitting a mid afternoon snack in despite starting  the day with breakfast at either 6.30am in the buffet and/or 7am at Quays

I feel guilty eating the snack mid afternoon as it is

What do you guys sacrifice to be able to eat afternoon tea? 

Or do you manage to eat all of the above and afternoon tea as well?